ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 19, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #722 of 4,753
Given that it seems preferences towards the Monarch vs the Clairvoyance are quite evenly split, and that some people think they will like one of them, but end up liking the other, it really is very unfortunate that most prospective buyers are unable to sample both before deciding. That is usually the nature of this hobby though.

Oct 19, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #723 of 4,753
LOL, my order was placed in August and I *just now* got confirmation DHL had actually picked up the package and it's en-route. Good things take time I suppose.
The good thing is, once DHL has your package, they usually get it to you remarkably quickly.

Oct 21, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #724 of 4,753
Perfect case :relaxed:
WeChat Image_20201021184151.jpg
WeChat Image_20201021184129.jpg

Oct 21, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #725 of 4,753
Perfect case :relaxed:

Grab the foam insert for the 1010 and put it in the lid portion, on top of the earphones. That gives them just enough space not to get squished and it keeps them from clunking around in the case.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #727 of 4,753
The good thing is, once DHL has your package, they usually get it to you remarkably quickly.
Indeed, it's here! Very exciting, and initial impressions are very favorable: a solid percussive low end, but keeps great clarity in the mids.

Oct 22, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #728 of 4,753
Indeed, it's here! Very exciting, and initial impressions are very favorable: a solid percussive low end, but keeps great clarity in the mids.
Hooray! Glad u are enjoying it bud

Oct 22, 2020 at 8:37 AM Post #729 of 4,753
How do you like the Clairvoyance compared to the Moondrop A8?

Oct 22, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #730 of 4,753
How do you like the Clairvoyance compared to the Moondrop A8?
They have a lot of similarities - still very early impressions for me, but I think the Clairvoyance has more sub-bass emphasis to the A8's midbass. The dynamic driver in the Clairvoyance adds much more physicality to the music than the quad-BA setup in the A8 can do. It's not the most sub-bass of anything I've heard (the Atlas beats it here hands down), but it's really satisfying.

They both have excellent technicalities in the midrange with superb layering. Speed metal doesn't smear on either, while less intense stuff like jazz has enough resolution to hear nuance in strings and woodwinds. Vocals are a bit more forward on the A8, but perhaps a touch more clean on the Clair. The differences here are pretty minor though.

I'm still getting used to the estat treble - depending on what I plug it into it comes across as either smooth, or really sharp. Today I'm going to try to figure out if it's an impedance thing, or just me being tired last night and getting fatigued from a bunch of excited listening on different sources.

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #731 of 4,753
Argh! Never happened since I first got my Monarch back at the beginning of September, but it finally did: the standard silicone tips slipped from the nozzle sticking in my ear canals a couple of times. Very annoying.

I must say I'm not much of a tip-hunter, being basically a lucky newbie who trusted ThieAudio since his newbiehood Legacy 3 experience and is happy he did, so the standard silicone tips did a great job for me so far...
Moreover, all other tips I've tried (foam ones especially but not only) completely messed up the sound signature and the soundstage, so I'd love to stick with those tips but... as someone wrote in this topic making giggle, I'd love not to hunt for yarnballs in my ears! =)

I'm not even sure what the standard silicones really are. I'm pretty sure they're some DUNU SpinFit ones, most probably M-sized, but what model are they?
Are there any similar tips which offer a better grip to the nozzle and sound just as "neutral and detailed" as those?
Thank you in advance for any advice you might provide, you nice gentlemen in this lovely place!

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #732 of 4,753
Argh! Never happened since I first got my Monarch back at the beginning of September, but it finally did: the standard silicone tips slipped from the nozzle sticking in my ear canals a couple of times. Very annoying.

I must say I'm not much of a tip-hunter, being basically a lucky newbie who trusted ThieAudio since his newbiehood Legacy 3 experience and is happy he did, so the standard silicone tips did a great job for me so far...
Moreover, all other tips I've tried (foam ones especially but not only) completely messed up the sound signature and the soundstage, so I'd love to stick with those tips but... as someone wrote in this topic making giggle, I'd love not to hunt for yarnballs in my ears! =)

I'm not even sure what the standard silicones really are. I'm pretty sure they're some DUNU SpinFit ones, most probably M-sized, but what model are they?
Are there any similar tips which offer a better grip to the nozzle and sound just as "neutral and detailed" as those?
Thank you in advance for any advice you might provide, you nice gentlemen in this lovely place!
The stock tips are Spinfit cp100 I believe, the azla Xelastecs and the Sednafit short tips work fine with my Clairvoyance.

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #733 of 4,753
The only reason they would slip off when they weren't before is some sweat/body oil getting between the tip and the nozzle. Just carefully wipe the nozzle and tip down with some safe soapy water. Use a Q-tip to get the inner bore of the tip itself as well. That should restore the tacky grip the tip had on the nozzle when it was new.

I have to do this ever few weeks with my Moondrop S8s with stock tips every few weeks.

On a more related note, after 8 1/2 weeks since placing the order, my Clairvoyance should be here by tomorrow!

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #734 of 4,753
On a more related note, after 8 1/2 weeks since placing the order, my Clairvoyance should be here by tomorrow!
Thank you for the... er... tip, namely, my wizzman mate!
I've also though it might've been sweat and went through washing and rinsing and drying. Hopefully this will do the job.
Happy to hear you've finally got the drums rolling for the Clairvoyance arrival... I'm sure you'll love 'em!

As for the Xelastec... That's a lot of _ear canal grip_! Way too much. Might as well wrap common flypaper around the nozzle then. =D
I'm curious to try the SednaFit though. Thank you for the advice, Mehran!

Oct 22, 2020 at 2:47 PM Post #735 of 4,753
Thank you for the... er... tip, namely, my wizzman mate!
I've also though it might've been sweat and went through washing and rinsing and drying. Hopefully this will do the job.
Happy to hear you've finally got the drums rolling for the Clairvoyance arrival... I'm sure you'll love 'em!

As for the Xelastec... That's a lot of _ear canal grip_! Way too much. Might as well wrap common flypaper around the nozzle then. =D
I'm curious to try the SednaFit though. Thank you for the advice, Mehran!
No problem at all :) . Yeah the Xelastecs are expensive too and lose their shape easily ,so the Sednafit are probably better .But they smooth out the sound a bit I think compared to the cp100s . To my ears anyway .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back