ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 9, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #646 of 4,754
First, I tried the clair. First impression, very huge shell!!! its large and thick, even thicker than the qdc anole vx and s8/b2. I got almost no problem with the comfort and fit, however it might be an issue for smaller size ears. The left unit fits perfectly, but the right unit, I have to move it around a bit to find a perfect fit. Maybe this is production issue?

For me, the right one fits great whereas the left one feels ever so slightly loose. Ear anatomy and size can actually slightly differ between left and right. Haven't tried yet with different sizes of tips...using the stock Spinfits (100?) and don't have other sizes besides M.
@Dolores Dolomites I had a small question for you about when you use Legacy3 in my previous reply, I edited it after the original message so you probably missed it :D

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #647 of 4,754
For me, the right one fits great whereas the left one feels ever so slightly loose. Ear anatomy and size can actually slightly differ between left and right. Haven't tried yet with different sizes of tips...using the stock Spinfits (100?) and don't have other sizes besides M.
@Dolores Dolomites I had a small question for you about when you use Legacy3 in my previous reply, I edited it after the original message so you probably missed it :D
my case is the other way around. However, the monarch unit both fit perfectly. I already tried with the same spinfit L size, still the same but the monarch always fits easily.

Oct 9, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #648 of 4,754
Well I changed now to some Ikko silicone tips and now the left one seems to fit fine as well :beerchug: And I have varying sizes for them at home if need be...But need to spend more time with this, getting a bit paranoid about the fit :thinking:

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2020 at 11:55 PM Post #649 of 4,754
Is it worth it to buy the pelican 1010 hard case? The stock carrying pouch is not good. every time, I have a hard time to find a good position for the monarch.
Based on the dimension, the pelican 1010 should fit the monarch and fiio btr5 I think? seems good quality too.
however, is it worth the 20usd price?

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #650 of 4,754
Wohooo! i think my Clairvoyance is about to be shipped soon!
I asked Linsoul rep the other day why my set has taken 4 weeks instead of "1-2 weeks" like he told me when asked before order.
And he replied "so sorry for the delay,it will ship SOON"
So with some luck,i am 100% sure it will ship within 4-12 weeks!
Got damn i'm excited right now!!

Oct 10, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #651 of 4,754
Is it worth it to buy the pelican 1010 hard case? The stock carrying pouch is not good. every time, I have a hard time to find a good position for the monarch.
Based on the dimension, the pelican 1010 should fit the monarch and fiio btr5 I think? seems good quality too.
however, is it worth the 20usd price?
YES it is. I can find them for around $10 in the US, but unfortunately they may be more expensive elsewhere. The Pelican 1010 is a standard when it comes to durable protection for transporting IEMs. They are commonly used by musicians for their stage monitors. For the price of the Monarch, it’s an easily justified expenditure.

There are other generic hard cases for much less money on AliEx, such as the KZ hard cases, but these are quite a bit smaller.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32896601820.html

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 11:17 AM Post #652 of 4,754
YES it is. I can find them for around $10 in the US, but unfortunately they may be more expensive elsewhere. The Pelican 1010 is a standard when it comes to durable protection for transporting IEMs. They are commonly used by musicians for their stage monitors. For the price of the Monarch, it’s an easily justified expenditure.

There are other generic hard cases for much less money on AliEx, such as the KZ hard cases, but these are quite a bit smaller.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32896601820.html
Thanks for the info, will wait for 11.11 sale to buy it.
which size do you think suitable for the monarch and fiio btr5? 1010 or 1020?

Oct 10, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #654 of 4,754
Thanks for the info, will wait for 11.11 sale to buy it.
which size do you think suitable for the monarch and fiio btr5? 1010 or 1020?
The 1010 should be big enough.

Oct 10, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #656 of 4,754
Thanks for the advice guys. will check the kz case too.
I was wrong. It costs more than $10 in US right now. https://www.amazon.com/Pelican-Waterproof-Case-1010-Micro/dp/B001G2ABZU

Here is a picture of the 1010 with the Mangird Tea, a pretty thick cable, and the Qudelix 5K in it. This should give you an idea of how your gear would fit. I think it’s a worthwhile purchase for protection, including being waterproof.

F014E8BB-E10B-4BB3-84FF-576EF12955EF.jpeg

Oct 10, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #657 of 4,754
I think it’s a worthwhile purchase for protection, including being waterproof.
That Pelican 1010 case looks amazing! Definitely wanting one so bad now... Thanks a lot for the tip, mate!
I had a small question for you about when you use Legacy3 in my previous reply, I edited it after the original message so you probably missed it
Sorry, mane! Workdays are killing my screen time lately.
But yeah... Turns out the Legacy 3 set is now basically just a backup option in case its bigger Ruler - the oh-so-royal Monarch - should ever decide to fail abruptedly at any time (/me knocks on all available wood).
Don't wanna be caught ThieAudio-less when I need to keep the music flowing out and about! :ksc75smile:
The L3 was a winner at 100$-something for me as a rookie, and that's why I jumped on the Twin Train soon! I'm in love... Fit is awesome too despite the huge shell.
I see we share different twins, but also the DX160, the L3, and the largely underrated Tri i3, which by the way kind of surprised me again this morning while I wore them! Nice one, buddy!
Cheers :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2020 at 9:56 PM Post #658 of 4,754
Oct 11, 2020 at 12:05 AM Post #659 of 4,754
I see we share different twins, but also the DX160, the L3, and the largely underrated Tri i3, which by the way kind of surprised me again this morning while I wore them! Nice one, buddy!

Yes, the ultimate 2020 social distancing "in-the-know" package or "all hype" package, depending on who you ask 💁‍♀️In any case a good year to get into this hobby. And I recall that you listen to mostly electronic music, that's been my mainstay as well throughout the decades but particularly now I'm quite open to many genres so I listen to a lot of 60s/70s psychedelic influenced rock, indie, britpop, UK grime etc. But during normal years I always go to long psytrance festivals and Italians are some of my favorite people there as they are so open and hardcore :beyersmile:
Good to hear you're enjoying the Monarch :beerchug:

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2020 at 6:55 PM Post #660 of 4,754
Does anyone here know how what the profile of the Monarch and Clairvoyance are? I'm guessing given all the tech inside of them they're not very slim but I was hoping to find a great CIEM with which I can lay on my side and wear a helmet. After all I've read here, I'm lusting pretty hard after the Monarch.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back