ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Sep 8, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #406 of 4,791
Can anyone in the US give me some idea how quickly Linsoul shipped out the Universal Clairvoyance IEMs? I noticed express shipping was included at no additional cost but I wasn't sure if they are in stock or are made to order and thus may not ship for weeks after the order.

Thanks
My Monarch was ordered on Tuesday, and arrived the next Monday. 6 days from ordering to on my doorstep. They ship DHL and those guys don't mess around.

Sep 8, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #407 of 4,791
My Monarch was ordered on Tuesday, and arrived the next Monday. 6 days from ordering to on my doorstep. They ship DHL and those guys don't mess around.
OK, I ordered on the 5th (Saturday) and have not seen any evidence of shipping yet. Just wondering what to expect.
Thanks for the feedback.

Sep 9, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #408 of 4,791
OK, I ordered on the 5th (Saturday) and have not seen any evidence of shipping yet. Just wondering what to expect.
Thanks for the feedback.

Manufacturing times are now between 15 and 20 days.

Sep 9, 2020 at 7:18 AM Post #409 of 4,791
Please Thieaudio Clairvoyance owners:
1. any trouble with the lip less nozzle?
2. about the noise isolation? Good, average?
3. any comparison with Shure SE846?
Thank you so much in advance! :wink:
1. No issues with most tips. I did have one with a significantly wide bore which came off while taking them off the ears.
2. Noise isolation is great with the right tip - I had to go 1 size lesser than other earbuds.
3. Sorry can't help on this.

Sep 9, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #410 of 4,791
Welcome. I have my Monarchs in right now. My thoughts on them are pretty well covered here on this thread. I knew they were technically capable immediately. Sounded a little bright and lean when I first got them, but my source was also new and still warming up. I like the chain I have going now. I think if you give them some power and a source that presents some weight and body, they become a lot of fun. What can you tell us about your experience with the V14?

Hi bro,

I see " Empire Ears Odin" in your signature.

How the Monarch compare ?

Sep 9, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #412 of 4,791
Tried the clairvoyance and monarch together, and wow I loved them equally.
Clairvoyance has the benefit of warmth and midbass which is good for rock songs. Its thickness is similar to U12T. The sound is more intimate so it's good for vocals focused tracks.
Monarch has the benefit of better separation, clarity and resolution. In songs which rely on bass for energy, the monarch can sound too sterile. Monarch is slightly shoutier and favours female vocals.
I ended up going for the monarch after a long session of A/Bing, because the midbass from clairvoyance became a bit fatiguing for a non-basshead like me. But it's close.

As for MEST and Odin, they feel like sidegrades to Monarch and Clairvoyance to me on 1st impression. Depends on what you are looking for. Stageheads will really enjoy MEST since it has the widest and most fun sounding stage of the 4. Tonal balance between male and female vocals goes to clairvoyance. Forward rich vocals goes to Odin. Clarity and detail goes to Monarch. That's about as far as I can contribute from my short demos.

Sep 9, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #413 of 4,791
I’m terrible at assessing, analyzing, and describing soundstage. It all sounds somewhat amorphous to me, and thus I’m not a big soundstage aficionado. Imaging and localization I can assess better. This may be one of the reasons why I’m an IEM fan, and why I’m not a huge fan of open-back cans. Possibly the biggest advantage of the design is sort of wasted on me.
I'm with you on staging. Do you think imaging and localization are easier to pull off with iems than full size openback headphones? I ask because I'm new to iems but for some strange reason I'm enjoying Tape+Hugo as much as hd800+Hugo, and its down to the imaging...mostly.

Sep 9, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #414 of 4,791
Tried the clairvoyance and monarch together, and wow I loved them equally.
Clairvoyance has the benefit of warmth and midbass which is good for rock songs. Its thickness is similar to U12T. The sound is more intimate so it's good for vocals focused tracks.
Monarch has the benefit of better separation, clarity and resolution. In songs which rely on bass for energy, the monarch can sound too sterile. Monarch is slightly shoutier and favours female vocals.
I ended up going for the monarch after a long session of A/Bing, because the midbass from clairvoyance became a bit fatiguing for a non-basshead like me. But it's close.

As for MEST and Odin, they feel like sidegrades to Monarch and Clairvoyance to me on 1st impression. Depends on what you are looking for. Stageheads will really enjoy MEST since it has the widest and most fun sounding stage of the 4. Tonal balance between male and female vocals goes to clairvoyance. Forward rich vocals goes to Odin. Clarity and detail goes to Monarch. That's about as far as I can contribute from my short demos.
Ok...MEST is a SIDEGRADE? I was looking at Clairvoyance and MEST. MEST is double the price and touted as a END GAME. I would if you can. How close are the Monarch and Clairvoyance to the MEST? Is the MEST 3D like stage? Thanks in Advance.

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #415 of 4,791
Or has anyone compare the Monarch to the Unique Melody MEST, that everyone is raving about?!

Thanks a lot for your feedback. How would you say about the staging between Monarch and Clairvoyance ?

Sep 9, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #416 of 4,791
1. No issues with most tips. I did have one with a significantly wide bore which came off while taking them off the ears.
2. Noise isolation is great with the right tip - I had to go 1 size lesser than other earbuds.
3. Sorry can't help on this.
Thank you dheepak10 this help a lot 😺

Sep 9, 2020 at 7:24 PM Post #417 of 4,791
Are the Monarch's as good as Crinnacle implies they are? He has not liked much from this company in the past so that really surprised me.

There is a Moondrop he really likes also for $300 but it looks like the bass is relatively week. I am not a bass head but I do like somewhat elevated bass. Compensates for my old ears.

Sep 9, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #418 of 4,791
Manufacturing times are now between 15 and 20 days.
OK, I was starting to suspect that. I wish Linsoul would put something in the description to suggest a potential delay due to demand or "made to order" etc.. I've learned to be quite patient in this hobby, especially with the "covid effect".

Thanks

Sep 9, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #419 of 4,791
Ok...MEST is a SIDEGRADE? I was looking at Clairvoyance and MEST. MEST is double the price and touted as a END GAME.
Just remember the law of (exponentially) diminishing returns. So by paying double the price of the Clairvoyance for the MEST, you may net 10-20% overall improvement at most? This is typical. Is that slight improvement worth it to you? Is the improvement in an area that is important to you? If for instance the improvement is in bass speed and texture, but one doesn’t really pay that close attention to the bass, it could easily be perceived as a sidegrade. That’s why when discussing top tier IEMs, it usually comes down to personal preferences more than anything else, The fact that the Monarch and Clairvoyance are discussed in the same grouping as the MEST, and even the Odin, is a true testament to how good these tribrids are, especially for their prices.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #420 of 4,791
Just remember the law of (exponentially) diminishing returns. So by paying double the price of the Clairvoyance for the MEST, you may net 10-20% overall improvement at most? This is typical. Is that slight improvement worth it to you? Is the improvement in an area that is important to you? If for instance the improvement is in bass speed and texture, but one doesn’t really pay that close attention to the bass, it could easily be perceived as a sidegrade. That’s why when discussing top tier IEMs, it usually comes down to personal preferences more than anything else, The fact that the Monarch and Clairvoyance are discussed in the same grouping as the MEST, and even the Odin, is a true testament to how good these tribrids are, especially for their prices.
I am a kind of excited about 3d affect they say the MEST can also produce. I didn't hear about any 3d affect with Monarch or Clairvoyance. Also no one talking about Baldr?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back