ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 29, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #4,396 of 4,814
Oct 29, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #4,397 of 4,814
I had Mest MK2 and to me Prestige LTD have better layering and more depth/higher sound stage. Both are holographic though. Bass is way better with Prestige so is timbre of instruments. Of course to my ears, IMO etc etc

Also tips used with Prestige LTD make a big diffrence in terms of sound stage and 3D effect. I find azla sedna short and stock tips to really maximise the 360 effect while other tips make the soundstage more intimate. Mest MK2 are less tips sensitive.

I meant 150h :) Out of the box Prestige LTD bass is overwhelming and dynamics and soundstage are compressed. Burn in is a real thing with this IEMs.
Funny this hobby of ours and how subjective it is. To me, non of them is better per se. They are just different but also both susceptible to tip rolling. :) I'll give the prestige more time as they do not have 150h on the clock yet.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #4,398 of 4,814
Nov 2, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #4,399 of 4,814
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

It's been 2 years since I bought Monarch MKII with "blind" buy.
Of course, it's not perfect. But there is charm in female singer's voice. And I saw a lot of IEMs trying to copy it after that.

Is ThieAudio underrated? Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. Many people might not like me saying this.
These days I see a lot of Tribrid IEMs at high prices but there're some nothing surprising.
(Compare with Mid-fi Tribrid IEMs such as DUNU EST112 , Mest MKII , EJ07M , DM9 , Mega5-EST , FX15 etc. May include , Mest MKIII)

Of course, when compared to Hybrid IEMs at a similar price range, some are better, some are inferior.

As for flagships like Odyssey, Xe6, Rn6, Multiverse, etc., there is no need to compare them. However, many flagships are not as "WOW" as expected.

ThieAudio is probably a reputable brand and makes good Tribrid IEMs that are not too expensive.

Monarch MKII = B Lack of bass quality and male vocal lacks power.
Oracle MKII = C+ Not "WOW" factor but they are good IEMs for their price point.

Monarch MKIII, Prestige and Prestige LTD would say its impressions later. :smile:

Nov 2, 2023 at 8:24 PM Post #4,400 of 4,814
Guys, the Softears Twilight are a pure magic.
The timbre, space and realism are on another level compared to other items.
My favorite Monarch 2 sound thin, dry, sharp and congested in soundstage.
The Twilight put you directly in a live gig.
Even the u12t sounded closed in and narrow in comparison.

Attachments

• 20231103_012018.jpg
    20231103_012018.jpg
    893.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 3, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #4,401 of 4,814
Guys, the Softears Twilight are a pure magic.
The timbre, space and realism are on another level compared to other items.
My favorite Monarch 2 sound thin, dry, sharp and congested in soundstage.
The Twilight put you directly in a live gig.
Even the u12t sounded closed in and narrow in comparison.
You fall in love so easily and passionately. Wasn't that Beyerdynamic Xelento 2 just yesterday? :smile:

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #4,402 of 4,814
You fall in love so easily and passionately. Wasn't that Beyerdynamic Xelento 2 just yesterday? :smile:
No i sent it back after 4 days, 3 weeks ago. There were some quirks in sound that showed after a couple hours of intensive listening.
Im using the Twilight for 3 weeks a couple hours a day and they are just great from the first listen and actually liking them even more after this time.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 1:02 AM Post #4,405 of 4,814
LOL, as always full of emotional obscenities. :smile:
Why MK3 is technically better I wonder, every other review I've seen gives LTD upper hand in technicalities.

LOL. Sorry , I don't want to use hate words....
Some reviewers talking all nonsense .Talking without focus on one thing. Talk like a drug addict
It is unclear when comparing anything.
Why do you have to attach a camera to your head? Oh, I remember it from AV movies. :smile:
Some reviewers for me, they're nothing for me to remember.
If MKIII got 10/10 score. .....So Prestige and Prestige LTD could be more than 10 score.
Some reviewers contradict themselves.

There should not be anything that is so perfect that it gets full score.

For Monarch MKIII , Prestige and Prestige LTD , I already have the answer in mind. I'll make a short comparison.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perfect may not be equal to full score. I understand that.

Smart reviewer , the points system must make room for new things or changing environment.
My point is when you give full marks to something , when you find something better or the environment that you said has changed. You will eventually contradict yourself. Until unable to speak logiclly. There is conflict within yourself.

1699074079657.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 1:51 AM Post #4,406 of 4,814
For me the first red flag that indicates that Zeos is rather an audio enthusiast and not an audiophile whith a real abilities to hear a proper tuning was the video with Kinera Nanna 2 which he called his favorite iems.
When I first heard them, I already knew that they sounded off in timbre and in tuning (they were nice and interesting but definitely not the main set you would have and not natural).

Nov 4, 2023 at 2:41 AM Post #4,407 of 4,814
LOL. Sorry , I don't want to use hate words....
Some reviewers talking all nonsense .Talking without focus on one thing. Talk like a drug addict
It is unclear when comparing anything.
Why do you have to attach a camera to your head? Oh, I remember it from AV movies. :smile:
Some reviewers for me, they're nothing for me to remember.
If MKIII got 10/10 score. .....So Prestige and Prestige LTD could be more than 10 score.
Some reviewers contradict themselves.

There should not be anything that is so perfect that it gets full score.

For Monarch MKIII , Prestige and Prestige LTD , I already have the answer in mind. I'll make a short comparison.

1699074079657.jpg
I kind of get your point. What's 'perfect'? IMHO 10/10 score should absolutely be possible though. There's something like 'perfect' BUT for the moment and subjective.
Technology evolves, your hearing abilities degrades, your preferences change, right? Even recording you listened to are being remastered ... The scoring isn't set in stone as everything changes around so is that 'perfect' score.

Seen few comments under that review saying something like 'oh if he only did combined review of MK3 and LTDs I'd buy the latter' well if you'll wait for something 'perfect' you could wait your entire life and never get it. Again, just my humble opinion.

Even though 'perfect' means flawless in every way, to me, perfect doesn't have to be the best in every way.. but maybe I'm old :wink:

Besides, reviewers reviews, reviewers scoring system :wink:

:peace:

Nov 4, 2023 at 9:09 AM Post #4,409 of 4,814
Partially wrong, partially right. They both have remarcably tight/correct FR.For my preference and eq needs ,the Prestige LTD has slightly better tunning.
Screenshot_2023-11-04-12-13-19-659_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back