ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Oct 23, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #4,382 of 4,814
If no sale I would go for a reseller honestly, even if you pay some extra. I am not aware of QC issues with ThieAudio but still you probably have better service and more customer rights, especially in Europe.
I'm thinking that even with a sale it might be worth it to go with a good reseller, unless the sale is pretty significant.

On the Softears Twilight... when were they released? I'd love to try them at e-earphone in Tokyo, but as far as I can tell their site is not showing that they carry them. Which is weird, as they do carry other Softears earphones, and it appears that the Twilight have been out for several months at least...?

Oct 23, 2023 at 10:49 PM Post #4,383 of 4,814
I'm thinking that even with a sale it might be worth it to go with a good reseller, unless the sale is pretty significant.

On the Softears Twilight... when were they released? I'd love to try them at e-earphone in Tokyo, but as far as I can tell their site is not showing that they carry them. Which is weird, as they do carry other Softears earphones, and it appears that the Twilight have been out for several months at least...?
They are out for a year or so. Also they are showcased on the Softears website: https://www.softears.net/twilight/

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:20 AM Post #4,386 of 4,814
Last edited:
Oct 29, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #4,387 of 4,814
IMG_8527.jpeg

Cross-posting from the Watercooler thread as these babies deserve more visibility.

Morning listening time with Thieaudio Prestige LTD and RU7 as I was just too lazy to switch on my N7 and C9 :)

The Prestige LTD mostly flew under the radar as they are often out of stock and not many people had a chance to hear them. However, they do sound utterly fantastic and they may be a perfect all arounder under 1500USD.

The most notable characteristics are the balance of the sound, all the details still delivered in a smooth way and the incredible soundstage. The soundstage and imaging are really amazing with a 3D holographic feeling. Timbre is spot on and bass is punchy, full but well controlled.

Personally I like them more than Traillii which I sold (IMO, to my ears, for my preferences etc etc.)

They are also not big for todays IEM standards and pretty comfortable.

Two caveats: They require a little bit more juice than other iems (nothing major as even a dongle like ru7 in high gain can drive them around 50/55 volume high gain balanced). They also need some burn in for the DD to settle and soundstage to open at an holographic level - around 150hrs.

I advice to give them a shot if anyone is looking for an all arounder in the 1500USD range and I’m looking forward to compare them with the Bonneville that should arrive next week.

In the picture, the new album Genesys by Anyma. Fantastic album if you are into EDM

Oct 29, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #4,389 of 4,814
Impressive sounding headphones.
1. Resolution with the chord mojo 2 is crazy (even exhaustingly crazy)
2. Low's are rich with a good slam (a bit overhyped overall)
3. Mids are bright and clear with a good soundstage
4. Treble is gorgeous, but just a little bit boosted and in some songs cymbals can sound oversaturated (feels like fake)

Overall the best IEM under 1k. They also sound better than the full size Audeze LCD X for me.
IMG_1232.jpg

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:11 AM Post #4,390 of 4,814
Prestige LTD hype is about to get a boost. Zeos has released his patreon review.

Deservedly so in my opinion. They are just so good!

When I'm not listening to them, I want to be listening to them.

I'd like to hear what flaws people think they have because I honestly can't think of any.

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #4,391 of 4,814

Cross-posting from the Watercooler thread as these babies deserve more visibility.

Morning listening time with Thieaudio Prestige LTD and RU7 as I was just too lazy to switch on my N7 and C9 :)

The Prestige LTD mostly flew under the radar as they are often out of stock and not many people had a chance to hear them. However, they do sound utterly fantastic and they may be a perfect all arounder under 1500USD.

The most notable characteristics are the balance of the sound, all the details still delivered in a smooth way and the incredible soundstage. The soundstage and imaging are really amazing with a 3D holographic feeling. Timbre is spot on and bass is punchy, full but well controlled.

Personally I like them more than Traillii which I sold (IMO, to my ears, for my preferences etc etc.)

Two caveats: They require a little bit more juice than other iems (nothing major as even a dongle like ru7 in high gain can drive them around 50/55 volume high gain balanced). They also need some burn in for the DD to settle and soundstage to open at an holographic level - around 150hrs.

I advice to give them a shot if anyone is looking for an all arounder in the 1500USD range and I’m looking forward to compare them with the Bonneville that should arrive next week.

In the picture, the new album Genesys by Anyma. Fantastic album if you are into EDM
Nice write up but one thing - you meant 15h not 150 of burn in I hope :wink:

Oct 29, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #4,392 of 4,814

My experience with the exact same setup is pretty much the same although the soundstage isn't that impressive for me. I'm spoiled by the UM MEST MK2s. They sound more like 360 and Prestige Ltds like 180 so if a gene doesn't belong to one of the realms I'd use the other set. Both have their strengths and are truly excellent sets (not only for the price)

Oct 29, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #4,393 of 4,814
My experience with the exact same setup is pretty much the same although the soundstage isn't that impressive for me. I'm spoiled by the UM MEST MK2s. They sound more like 360 and Prestige Ltds like 180 so if a gene doesn't belong to one of the realms I'd use the other set. Both have their strengths and are truly excellent sets (not only for the price)
I had Mest MK2 and to me Prestige LTD have better layering and more depth/higher sound stage. Both are holographic though. Bass is way better with Prestige so is timbre of instruments. Of course to my ears, IMO etc etc

Also tips used with Prestige LTD make a big diffrence in terms of sound stage and 3D effect. I find azla sedna short and stock tips to really maximise the 360 effect while other tips make the soundstage more intimate. Mest MK2 are less tips sensitive.
Nice write up but one thing - you meant 15h not 150 of burn in I hope :wink:
I meant 150h :) Out of the box Prestige LTD bass is overwhelming and dynamics and soundstage are compressed. Burn in is a real thing with this IEMs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back