ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
Jun 2, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #2,581 of 4,754
Hi! My Clairvoyance came after about a month and im really confused.. they were shouting at me at first and i hoped it was bcs i plugged them to the screens audio jack, so i fixed my pc's jack and they sound WAY better now.
So im wondering if they are sensitive to the source, getting a TWS could hurt them, and if i should actually get an amp (my screens audio jack worked fine on anything else).
Another thing im confused about is why the nozzle looks like a Monarch (but the faceplate isnt).

p.jpeg
p.jpeg

(Really enjoy them so far so i dont know if i would care if its the wrong model tbh)

Jun 2, 2021 at 11:47 PM Post #2,582 of 4,754
Hi all, I am new to this Thieaudio group, having read through 30% of this thread, I made an order of Monarch mid May and received yesterday. It took less than 24 hours from ShenZhen to reach safely.

First impression with the stocked ear tips (semi-transparent with maroon stem) with my AK SE100 , it sounds unbelievable thin and disappointment, immediately I changed to Final E medium ear tips, shallow fit to ear canal, Monarch is comfortably fit to my ear, it sounds much better.

Swap to WM1Z , the sound is much fuller and wider soundstage, more detailing. Have auditioning for two hours, no sign of fatigue, enjoyable.

Edit: The sub-bass is "naturally" fast,, impact but not boomy, it sounds much better than my Andros, the upper midrange not shouty, quite balanced throughout frequency range. With regards to mid-bass, I have been listening to String Quartets, I can hear mid-bass produced from cello and viola.

It definitely sound pleasing to my ears and brain :)

Here couple of photos of lovely Monarch :-
20210603_110438_01.jpg

WM1Z + Monarch with Pink Martini "Get Happy" album

20210603_131031_01.jpg

UIEM Monarch

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #2,583 of 4,754
My Monarch's left side seems to have lost most of the bass rumble, is a driver dead?

I've switched cables, switched between 3.5 to 2.5 balanced, switched between 3 amps, and the same thing. Barely any rumble from 10 Hz to 70 Hz while the right side does fine.

From: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencychecklow.php

I assume I'd have to warranty it... I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on what to do for a warranty.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #2,584 of 4,754
Jun 3, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #2,585 of 4,754
My Monarch's left side seems to have lost most of the bass rumble, is a driver dead?

I've switched cables, switched between 3.5 to 2.5 balanced, switched between 3 amps, and the same thing. Barely any rumble from 10 Hz to 70 Hz while the right side does fine.

From: https://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_frequencychecklow.php

I assume I'd have to warranty it... I'd appreciate it if anyone has any ideas on what to do for a warranty.

i've experienced similar effect with my Clairvoyance, occasionally it feels like both earpieces have lost their rumble (even while holding them in place), but after a few minutes it comes back (I use Shake That - Eminem as a test song).

Since it happens in both earpieces, it could just be fit for me, but I can't say for sure.

Jun 3, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #2,586 of 4,754
What you have been told, contact the seller.

Jun 3, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #2,587 of 4,754
i've experienced similar effect with my Clairvoyance, occasionally it feels like both earpieces have lost their rumble (even while holding them in place), but after a few minutes it comes back (I use Shake That - Eminem as a test song).

Since it happens in both earpieces, it could just be fit for me, but I can't say for sure.

Getting a proper seal is tricky with the SpinFit tips because of the Clairvoyance's chunkiness. I clean the eartips and my conchae with water to prevent the Clairvoyance from slipping out. Also, the thin silicone on the SpinFit tips is prone to collapsing, especially if they reach too deep into the ear canal, so I tug on my earlobes in a downwards/outwards diagonal direction to reverse that when it happens.

It's less convenient than using, say, QDC IEMs, which you simply jam in deep and forget about, but I consider the Clair's bass response worth a bit of fiddling.

The level of the Oracle's upper treble and its metallic shimmer make it quite fatiguing for me. Given the fact that, in the frequency diagrams, the Oracle is the one out of the Thieaudio EST-lineup with the least aggressive treble, this was quite a surprise.

The Oracle's brighter upper treble (you can see Crinacle describing it as being tonally similar to the Clairvoyance but with "more blunted notes" and "snappier treble") is exactly why I skipped the Oracle and shelled out extra for the Clairvoyance. That sparkly sound you get from an upper treble emphasis sounds really nice until you come across a bright pop recording and have cymbal strikes drill holes into your hearing.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #2,588 of 4,754
My monarchs came in today. Have not really listened to them. They are doing an all-nighter on my Fiio m11 for a little break-in.
I changed the cable direct to the lsc08, because of the good stories a read in this topic. I also ordered the dunu duw02 cable, so got to try that out also. That cable feels fantastic and flexible. The stock cable also felt really nice. But will try the lsc08 first.

tips. I normally wear ml/l size silicone tips. But I only have bullet type iems. This is my first over ear. And al my l tips seem to be to big, I noticed quickly the fit was good, but my ear canal quickly became painful. I thankfully also had a selection of m size tips. So I settled for now on the spiral dot. I also liked the spinfit 100 that came with it, fit wise, but sound wise I was not to happy, the bass seemed thin. I also tried the spinfit 145 fit wise again fine, sound wise better than the 100. But again a thin bass. And I tried very old monster tips, which I always liked. And the were also no to bad. I chose the spiral dot, because those had the best bass. I still need to try the symbio tips that I already have.
Gonna order some Azla tips (not sure which ones). And some spinfit switch wider bores. To try those.

I was wondering if you guys also had to go down a size in tips?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #2,589 of 4,754
Getting a proper seal is tricky with the SpinFit tips because of the Clairvoyance's chunkiness. I clean the eartips and my conchae with water to prevent the Clairvoyance from slipping out. Also, the thin silicone on the SpinFit tips is prone to collapsing, especially if they reach too deep into the ear canal, so I tug on my earlobes in a downwards/outwards diagonal direction to reverse that when it happens.

It's less convenient than using, say, QDC IEMs, which you simply jam in deep and forget about, but I consider the Clair's bass response worth a bit of fiddling.

The Oracle's brighter upper treble (you can see Crinacle describing it as being tonally similar to the Clairvoyance but with "more blunted notes" and "snappier treble") is exactly why I skipped the Oracle and shelled out extra for the Clairvoyance. That sparkly sound you get from an upper treble emphasis sounds really nice until you come across a bright pop recording and have cymbal strikes drill holes into your hearing.
Could well be. Don‘t have any of the Thieaudio tribrids but have an Oracle on order. Speaking of Crinnacle, here are the FRs of both the Oracle and Clairvoyance. Other than at 4K I don’t see much difference in the treble (discounting after 10KHz which most will tell you is usually quite off for measurement rigs)...

1622768857757.png

Jun 3, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #2,590 of 4,754
I encountered my Monarch once lost of sound on left side, I didn't insert deep into the adapter. Do check connection first, hope everything will be in order.

Jun 3, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #2,591 of 4,754

agreed, I switched to Symbio W tips (previously RHA dual density smalls, but these didn't work in certain instances), and the issue seems to be gone for now, hopefully it remains this way

Jun 4, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #2,593 of 4,754
got the oracle the other day and i am blown away coming from dunu sa6 which i also love. however the dynamic bass in the oracle vs the BA bass in the sa6 is next level. the Clairvoyance has more bass by about 2-3db so i just EQ 2 db shelf uner 60 hz or so and the sub bass is unbelievable. the mids are neutral and edtremely clear and nuanced, and the high end i think rivals anything under 1k. i mean WOW these electro stat drivers ad a lot that i like about my speaker towers on a good tube amp, its airy and crist up top and i love it more than any headphone ive had under 1500.
anyone have any recommendation for tips? i will try and look through thread to see if they are the same size bore as other thieaudio. i have medium small ears and the huge bore on these almost made me return them . my xelastic works perfectly in one ear but the other i have to be careful or it will lose the seal. =( i tried the stock tips which are spin fits 100 and they were too short to make a seal. foam is ok but doesnt last and irritates my ear by constantly slipping out and i have to push it back in. maybe ive not found right size? idk
What DAC & amp are you using?

Jun 4, 2021 at 1:07 AM Post #2,594 of 4,754
What DAC & amp are you using?
It's similar with all of them but it sounds best with my iemagni and modius dac. With bellari tube pre amp with gold lion tube. Juicy sounding but nice and tight bass. High end extra sparkly . Other set up is qudelix 5k with same bass shelf 2db 65hz and below. Slams hard more "clinical" sounding but still has all special properties just about 20% less special. Such as airy treble and meat throughout the mids and bass it just doesn't have it. To be fair it's like 4 times less money. This is using LDAC only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back