ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 26, 2021 at 5:28 AM Post #2,477 of 4,753
H

Having heard the Blessing2, the SA6 and the RSV, I agree with your summary. How do you compare the Mangird Tea to these iems?
It’s a draft without details(forget about raison detre of Tea, it’s just a copy & paste, it’s not for Tea’s description), here is what I’d settle with Tea. It’s mid-rich, very very rich.
Only condition to shine Tea is to recable, Tea’s stock cable is one of the worst one I’ve ever experienced.

C017C09B-A0D7-45B0-90EF-266DEED33B4F.png

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #2,478 of 4,753
Maybe it's the cable, but I find Tea lacking bass(quantity) and low res sounding. Not a keeper for me, but the imaging and electric guitars on it sound excellent.

May 26, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #2,479 of 4,753
I have asked on this thread back when monarch was new how the soundstage compares to some other big dogs like LX or really any other higher end iems.
From what i gather its not their strongest point but really nobody were able to compare as it was quite new.
Now that there are so many more owners. Andu chance somene can chime is on its staging ability. I still take its the flagship in technicalities in its own line up.
I am not expecting to to be in line with 2k+ iems but who knows. I do like the tuning impressions though.

May 26, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #2,480 of 4,753
I have asked on this thread back when monarch was new how the soundstage compares to some other big dogs like LX or really any other higher end iems.
From what i gather its not their strongest point but really nobody were able to compare as it was quite new.
Now that there are so many more owners. Andu chance somene can chime is on its staging ability. I still take its the flagship in technicalities in its own line up.
I am not expecting to to be in line with 2k+ iems but who knows. I do like the tuning impressions though.
I'm not really an expert on these things but I can give some basic opinions. I was listening to one song which starts with a shaker in the right ear (Starfield - Ordinary Life) and it felt like the shaker was right in my head. It was nothing like I had heard before. I had listened to this track with other earphones before and had never gotten that experience with them. Generally the sounds do seem to have a good surrounding positioning to them and I am surprised quite often in regards to where I think I can hear the sounds coming from but also the separation of the sounds are great and the clarity is great too.

May 26, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #2,481 of 4,753
I had the Clairvoyance and it didn't sound particularly wide to me. The OG Mest was much more spacious. I'll be receiving my LX in a few days so I'll know how it compares to the two mentioned above.

May 26, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #2,482 of 4,753
It’s a draft without details(forget about raison detre of Tea, it’s just a copy & paste, it’s not for Tea’s description), here is what I’d settle with Tea. It’s mid-rich, very very rich.
Only condition to shine Tea is to recable, Tea’s stock cable is one of the worst one I’ve ever experienced.

C017C09B-A0D7-45B0-90EF-266DEED33B4F.png
Are there any informations about the Moondrop Blessing EST? Couldn't find anything.

May 26, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #2,483 of 4,753
Are there any informations about the Moondrop Blessing EST? Couldn't find anything.
Here you go:
Driver composition: I may be a prophet because I mentioned exact same config right before Moondrop's response :joy:
Outlook: Blessing 2's shell, faceplate most likely final as shown in the pic
Expected release date: maybe next month
Price: My guess & hope is 2888CNY or 2999CNY, $449USD or $469USD. Because they sell 1999 for Blessing 2. Obviously, Sonion EST could be purchased for less than $120(available on aliexpress for individual purchases), so my guess for commercial lot purchases is that they will be able to source around $80. Oh and Chinese love number 888, it’s like triple 7s Chinese version.

Based on assumption for Knowles TWFK unit price for 1 TWFK is $50.36 and 100 lot’s unit price is roughly 25-30% off, $34.28.

$320+80 =400 + some margins on development / manufacturing direct cost + indirect overhead cost accounts for $50-70.

Also with $450-470 they can stay very very competitive against DUNU EST112, Thieaudio Oracle/Excalibur, TRI Starshine, and a bunch of other mid-range tribrids.
Here is my analysis about the weakness of blessing2 and Moondrop seemed to be also aware of that and trying to improve.

Last edited:
May 26, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #2,486 of 4,753
if you are really curious, you could shine a bright light (cell phone flashlight LED will do the job) into the shell, and count the number of BAs.

I shined a light into my Clairs, and can count the quad bass drivers and single mids driver

The quad bass drivers are located next to the electrostatic driver transformer, near the point of the faceplate triangle, along the bottom edge (bottom edge referring to the side of the faceplate triangle that has the "O" of the Thieaudio name). There are 2 BA stacks, each containing 2 BAs. each stack has its own sound tube exiting, and both of these merge into a single sound tube, forming one of the four bores. Bores 2 and 3 are from the Estat and Dynamic respectively.

The single mids driver is located directly halfway between the nozzle and 2 pin connection, along the top edge of the faceplate (top edge referring to the side of the faceplate triangle that has the "T" of the Thieaudio name). This is the 4th bore.

Hope this helps :)
I had a go. It was a bit difficult to see but I made some stuff out. This is looking at the left ear piece for reference as both ear pieces are different in terms of where the writing lines up. I did see the group of drivers near the nozzle at the corner you were saying that should be the quad driver set up that looks like it is in a clump together or stacked as you call it to look like two big units stuck together. I saw another one beside it but it was obviously separate and smaller cause it just looks like one unit where the connector pin is and it looks like two small tubes come from that one. At the bottom edge corner where the "O" is on the left ear piece there seems to be also another one beside what looks like the dynamic driver but it could be two stacked together as I see a line in the middle of it but I'm guessing it's just one if the other five are correct.

In the middle of the bottom edge I see a larger rectangle which I am guessing could be the EST(S) but I don't know cause I don't know what they look like.

Right below the vent I can see what looks like the dynamic driver which was placed beside one of the BA drivers mentioned above. Easy enough to tell as it's basically a big circle.

Hopefully this covers all six BA drivers that I should be seeing but I could be making a mistake I guess.

May 26, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #2,487 of 4,753
I'm pleased to say the Linsoul discord team (Deng specifically) was excellent for exactly this; I noticed the same more muted faceplates on my Monarch I received last week and wondered if I might have received a Clair, but the nozzle was correct based on differences between the two.

I decided to reach out and send some pics to them to confirm anyway and Deng even went so far as to search my individual unit FR graph and confirm it was a Monarch.

IMG_1298.JPEG687991621568976_.pic.jpg

Was kind of him, I just wanted some visual confirmation. The gold flecks are there, just muted. I presume they are all unique and this batch has less of them.
Thanks. Those look a lot like what I got.

Also I did get a reply back from the email I sent. They basically said that because they are handmade there could be some variation in the faceplate design.

May 26, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #2,489 of 4,753
Here you go:
Driver composition: I may be a prophet because I mentioned exact same config right before Moondrop's response :joy:
Outlook: Blessing 2's shell, faceplate most likely final as shown in the pic
Expected release date: maybe next month
Price: My guess & hope is 2888CNY or 2999CNY, $449USD or $469USD. Because they sell 1999 for Blessing 2. Obviously, Sonion EST could be purchased for less than $120(available on aliexpress for individual purchases), so my guess for commercial lot purchases is that they will be able to source around $80. Oh and Chinese love number 888, it’s like triple 7s Chinese version.

Based on assumption for Knowles TWFK unit price for 1 TWFK is $50.36 and 100 lot’s unit price is roughly 25-30% off, $34.28.

$320+80 =400 + some margins on development / manufacturing direct cost + indirect overhead cost accounts for $50-70.

Also with $450-470 they can stay very very competitive against DUNU EST112, Thieaudio Oracle/Excalibur, TRI Starshine, and a bunch of other mid-range tribrids.
Here is my analysis about the weakness of blessing2 and Moondrop seemed to be also aware of that and trying to improve.
Thanks a lot. Just saw that the Moondrop Variations (EST) will be announced respectively presented on May 28 https://twitter.com/MoondropLab/status/1397358085463842819

May 26, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #2,490 of 4,753
Most of the time trance but in general, I listen everything, from rock to country music.
Hmm, My first recommendation is a mid-range DAP, then MEST MKII, since you already have a great IEM, the value-to-performance will benefit more from investing in DAP.
I looked for many DAP reviews and concluded to land on FiiO M11 Pro, as it can stream music with its upsampling DAC capability. (And of course, I was FiiO fanboy for like 13years since their cheap plastic FiiO E3 which cost less than a pack of tobacco in some US states)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back