ThieAudio Signature Series Tribrid IEMs
May 25, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #2,462 of 4,753
I sent an email to Linsoul just to ask the question in regards with the faceplates. Hopefully they can confirm that the design can be different sometimes from the picture on the website. I included a picture of my Monarchs for reference..

May 25, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #2,463 of 4,753
I sent an email to Linsoul just to ask the question in regards with the faceplates. Hopefully they can confirm that the design can be different sometimes from the picture on the website. I included a picture of my Monarchs for reference..
Linsoul has no interest to confirm that you could have probably the clair. An answer that you have the monarch could be true, but you never know. On the other side: If you are happy with your iem, keep it and have fun :)

Last edited:
May 25, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #2,464 of 4,753
Linsoul has no interest to confirm that you could have probably the clair. An answer that you have the monarch could be true, but you never know. On the other side: If you are happy with your iem, keep it and have fun :)
Oh I am definitely keeping this and having fun. I'm just curious in case at some point in the future I need to buy another one. but perhaps I shouldn't worry because at that point maybe I'll be into something else.

May 25, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #2,466 of 4,753
thats odd you ordered yours recently right? looks like your monarch doesnt have the lip on the nozzle the newer ones are supposed to have to help the tips stay in place
Perhaps the picture before didn't show that well. I'm guessing you are talking about the metal nozzle?

Attachments

• ThieAudio6.jpg
    ThieAudio6.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
May 25, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,468 of 4,753
ah yes there it is
Yeah, it is a lot better than the Legacy 3. In the end I has to kind of settle of the Sony Hybrid ear tips for the Legacy 3. Mainly because they have a smaller bore diameter so they fit decently on them.

May 25, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #2,469 of 4,753
Try the CP500 tips. They work really well with the Monarchs. Glad u like em! I'm waiting for mine to be repaired. Unfortunately one of the Bass drivers cut out in my left earpiece. :frowning2:
Thanks for the suggestion. I have ordered a pair of these so I'll give them a go. I also ordered the FX10 Spiral Dots but they will take a few weeks to arrive.

May 25, 2021 at 5:52 PM Post #2,471 of 4,753
Took about 3 weeks. Ordered them on the 26th of April I think and they were sent out on the 18th of May. However I think they sent out an email after I ordered mine to warn of delays. Its supposed to be two weeks normally but they state on their site up to 24 days now and I think thats business days.
I ordered mine the 27th. And they are still in process. I received an invoice yesterday but no shipment yet.

May 25, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #2,472 of 4,753
I ordered mine the 27th. And they are still in process. I received an invoice yesterday but no shipment yet.
Strange. Unless they got a ton of orders right on the 26th and 27th of April but that is unlikely. Checked my emails and I did order them on the 26th around lunchtime. Only other thing I can think of that they had to start making it again for some reason because it failed quality checks but I would have thought they would put a priority on it if that happened.

May 25, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #2,474 of 4,753
It does say Monarch on the box though.

Well I'm not sending them back cause these sound great. The only problem I have is are they a Monarch with the wrong faceplate or are they actually a Clairvoyance?
if you are really curious, you could shine a bright light (cell phone flashlight LED will do the job) into the shell, and count the number of BAs.

I shined a light into my Clairs, and can count the quad bass drivers and single mids driver

The quad bass drivers are located next to the electrostatic driver transformer, near the point of the faceplate triangle, along the bottom edge (bottom edge referring to the side of the faceplate triangle that has the "O" of the Thieaudio name). There are 2 BA stacks, each containing 2 BAs. each stack has its own sound tube exiting, and both of these merge into a single sound tube, forming one of the four bores. Bores 2 and 3 are from the Estat and Dynamic respectively.

The single mids driver is located directly halfway between the nozzle and 2 pin connection, along the top edge of the faceplate (top edge referring to the side of the faceplate triangle that has the "T" of the Thieaudio name). This is the 4th bore.

Hope this helps :)

May 25, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #2,475 of 4,753

I'm pleased to say the Linsoul discord team (Deng specifically) was excellent for exactly this; I noticed the same more muted faceplates on my Monarch I received last week and wondered if I might have received a Clair, but the nozzle was correct based on differences between the two.

I decided to reach out and send some pics to them to confirm anyway and Deng even went so far as to search my individual unit FR graph and confirm it was a Monarch.

IMG_1298.JPEG
687991621568976_.pic.jpg

Was kind of him, I just wanted some visual confirmation. The gold flecks are there, just muted. I presume they are all unique and this batch has less of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back