Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
May 8, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #721 of 736
glad to hear !!! its not that engaging, but it sounds really "hifi", and is better for evening listening/low vol
And for anything instrumental I guess, because the Studio4 was/is great for jazz, for instance, and I feel the same "openness" that set has, just with more spice on either side.
graph.png

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 9:47 AM Post #722 of 736
Maybe this is just me, but I've been thinking about it recently.

I use my MKIIIs less than one might think relative to other IEMs in my collection because I'm worried about spoiling everything else I own by comparing it with "perfection."

I still use and listen to my Monarchs a bunch, but certainly less than one might expect. Sometimes it feels like taking the Ferrari grocery shopping or something... :sweat_smile: Does anyone else have a similar thoughts when it comes to their high-end gear?
I think it is just you 😉

May 10, 2024 at 10:56 AM Post #723 of 736
Nope! Life’s too short and I feel limited enough as it is. If I had a Ferrari I absolutely would be taking it to the grocery store😁 🏎️ 🏬
Indeed! I just used my Mk3’s for a work Zoom call… 🤓

May 21, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #727 of 736
How do you find the synergy with the GoPods, @Gnofnaik? I've just picked up a set in anticipation of receiving my Mark IIIs :)
I’ve had this combo for a while. Sounds great. Really dig the mk iii sound over the mk ii.

May 21, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #728 of 736
Hello,
I can't decide between the Monarch MKIII and the 64 Audio U4s for listening to metal music. I demoed the U4s and they were really good. But I like the look of the MK3. Besides the reviews are really great too...

Have a nice day!

May 21, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #729 of 736
Hello,
I can't decide between the Monarch MKIII and the 64 Audio U4s for listening to metal music. I demoed the U4s and they were really good. But I like the look of the MK3. Besides the reviews are really great too...

Have a nice day!

I don't really like MK3's for metal that much, Anni\Fei Wan is the metal king :)

May 21, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #730 of 736
Hello,

Have a nice day!
Metal, taken as an overall genre, is difficult to reproduce in the entirety of its sound elements because "metal" alone means something different for you and me. What are you looking for in metal? What do you like hearing in it? Defining instruments instead of genres is more helpful, I think.

With a little EQ to take away the bass over 200 Hz, I find the Monarch Mk III fantastic for any metal sub-genre I throw at it because what I like in metal is the distorted guitars, their sustain texture and tail-end reverbs. If you, in contrast, like the body of the bass guitar and drums, you might not want to remove any bass at all, for example.

May 22, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #733 of 736
What about the fit? I can't demo them, I can't return them... (welcome to Germany). I've read that there might be problems with the fit. Is that something that happens often?
Thank you
for me, fit was painful first 2-3 weeks, after that good fit! good ergonomics

May 22, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #735 of 736
What about the fit? I can't demo them, I can't return them... (welcome to Germany). I've read that there might be problems with the fit. Is that something that happens often?
Thank you
I had no issues with the fit. Out of the box both silicone and foam size M were ok for me ....issue with the foam is that is sort of thin (as opposed to dense) and the nozzle ends in a sort of ring which I felt and hurt my ear canal:))).
Also some may find the nozzle too short and thick....was not a problem for me.
On the other hand the shape of the shell is great seems "semi -custom" to me, and even if it's large it's very comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back