Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
May 24, 2024 at 2:34 AM Post #736 of 769
What about the fit? I can't demo them, I can't return them... (welcome to Germany). I've read that there might be problems with the fit. Is that something that happens often?
Thank you
I have no issues either, one of the more comfortable IEMs for me and my ears can be fussy, I thought I'd have to stick with custom's but this works great for me.

May 24, 2024 at 3:47 AM Post #737 of 769
What about the fit? I can't demo them, I can't return them... (welcome to Germany). I've read that there might be problems with the fit. Is that something that happens often?
Thank you

It's kind of the same thing here in Australia too, can't return headphones/IEMs generally due to hygiene but depends on the store mostly, Amazon will take almost anything back.

The MK3 even though it has a big shell is pretty damn comfy IMO, for example the Kiwi Ears Cadenza which is a lot smaller gives me comfort issues while the Monarchs do not.

May 25, 2024 at 4:37 AM Post #738 of 769
Thank you
No issue for me at all, but I might have oversized ears. I heard it's an easier fit than the Mk II was, if that means anything to you.

Jun 5, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #739 of 769
After testing various eartips, AZLA SednaEarfit Xelastec II sound the most natural,detailed,smooth and musical of all.Everyone with Monarchs should get them.

:wink:

IMG_0500.jpg
These Xelastec II's fit the MKIII's nozzle? I have a few sets of these but thought the bore was too small and they'd be too tight, so I've been using regular Xelastecs, which seem to work really well.

Jun 6, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #740 of 769
These Xelastec II's fit the MKIII's nozzle? I have a few sets of these but thought the bore was too small and they'd be too tight, so I've been using regular Xelastecs, which seem to work really well.
Yes no problem. As the tips age they can loosen up so for smaller nozzles they start to slip off and stay in my ear. Luckily this hasn't happened with the MIII.

Jun 7, 2024 at 2:34 PM Post #741 of 769
So I fooled around today and this is still very good, might even be preferable on quieter days:
Monarch - definitive.png

Jun 8, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #743 of 769
give more info please, the only thing I recognize is my tip with minus midbass 🤣 cant read other numbers
Preamp: 0.0 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 180 Hz Gain -1.5 dB Q 2.000
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain -2.0 dB Q 0.800
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 2100 Hz Gain -1.0 dB Q 1.500
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 3000 Hz Gain 1.7 dB Q 2.000
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 6200 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 2.000
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 6800 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 0.500
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 7900 Hz Gain 3.0 dB Q 0.600

I don't hear it breaking up but my ears aren't the best...

Jun 8, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #744 of 769
Preamp: 0.0 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 180 Hz Gain -1.5 dB Q 2.000
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 1800 Hz Gain -2.0 dB Q 0.800
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 2100 Hz Gain -1.0 dB Q 1.500
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 3000 Hz Gain 1.7 dB Q 2.000
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 6200 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 2.000
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 6800 Hz Gain -3.0 dB Q 0.500
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 7900 Hz Gain 3.0 dB Q 0.600

I don't hear it breaking up but my ears aren't the best...
Maybe the 8k should be brought down as well, not sure yet.

Jun 8, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #745 of 769
We need some refresh here.

1) From what you listen to MMK3, what source, did you tried more sources? Did you find any difference?

2) What tips are you using and why?

3) Even tho considered as "all arounder" do you have any genre that shines?

4) What song gave you goosebumps on MMK3 on first listen?

5) Did you listen to any song that you turned around thinking its someone other talking/its happening behind/next to you?

Jun 9, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #747 of 769
How does the Monarch MKIII compare to something like a Xenns top? Both seem to have strong bass.

Just similar tuning. MK3 has both better bass and treble IMO. not by a mile but if you listen to both the treble it's noticeably smoother (due to the EST drivers probably) and has slightly tighter bass.

That being said, the EST drivers will die eventually but they will last at least 20 years lol (half-joking, the only study I could find on electrets kept an electret microphone in a drawer for 18 years and found a 0.3dB decrease in sensitivity).

Jun 9, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #748 of 769
We need some refresh here.

1) From what you listen to MMK3, what source, did you tried more sources? Did you find any difference?

2) What tips are you using and why?

3) Even tho considered as "all arounder" do you have any genre that shines?

4) What song gave you goosebumps on MMK3 on first listen?

5) Did you listen to any song that you turned around thinking its someone other talking/its happening behind/next to you?
You are right, so these are mine experiences with MMK3:
I use Ibasso D16 or Cayin RU7, both are great sources, very smooth, highly detailed, spacious "analog" sound... I had many battery sources and dongles and stayed by these two only..
About the tips, I tried about 10 or 15 different tips (I have many), and ended by Divinus Velvet - great comfort and sound
I thing that MMK3 is suitable for various genres (I listen to acoustic music, edm, electronica, rock, metal, hip-hop sometimes...)
I remember, that I had goosebumps and wet eyes by listening some acoustic/vocal music like Allan Taylor, David Munyon, Nils Lofgren, Sophie Zelmani, Anette Askvik.. and similar many others..
So I thing that MMK3 are great IEMs and Im very satisfied with the sound quality, and great comfort (first two weeks were uncomfortable tough.. the ear shape needs some burn-in.. :relaxed:)

Jun 9, 2024 at 4:01 AM Post #749 of 769
How does the Monarch MKIII compare to something like a Xenns top? Both seem to have strong bass.
I had both, they are very, very similar, the differences are very small, MMK3 is by a hair better in all areas... if you want MMK3 for half price take the TOP, and if the money is not a big problem, take the MMK3. If you will pay double the money for a small sound quality profit, is on you, that is very individual. I sold the TOP and keep the MMK3...

Jun 9, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #750 of 769
I had both, they are very, very similar, the differences are very small, MMK3 is by a hair better in all areas... if you want MMK3 for half price take the TOP, and if the money is not a big problem, take the MMK3. If you will pay double the money for a small sound quality profit, is on you, that is very individual. I sold the TOP and keep the MMK3...

Thanks, funny how mkii has similar tuning to variations and mkiii similar to Top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back