Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Feb 3, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #542 of 692
Anyone has the MK3 with A&K SE300 or any others A&K DAPs, really interested on this combo?
I'm using it with my A&K SR35. It does sound exceptionally detailed and clear. Bass is very controlled and the soundstage is decent. I'm loving it.

Feb 4, 2024 at 7:45 AM Post #544 of 692
M arrived. Comfort is much better. There is no longer a burning sensation after a long session. The fit and seal has been kept at the same level as the larger size ML tips.

I am currently using AZLA SednaEarfit Light short size ML in Earbuds 2 pro. They fit snugly into the case.
For me those long ones were a miss. They go to deep for me and can't fit my ear canal and push the wall of the ear canal when it makes a turn. I have ordered other tips as well and may try short ones at some point. Won't comment on the sound as the poor fit likely made them sound less than optimal. However even with less-than-optimal fit they were not a downgrade, but a side-grade.

Feb 4, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #546 of 692
Hello everyone,
back into iems after a long time away. Looking for a portable setup with my iphone 15 and the cayin ru7. Endgame. My top contenders are the sennheiser ie600 and the monarch audio mkiii which I just discovered. A veru long time ago i owned the ie8 but iems have gone through so much the past years. I really like the dynamic driver sound but cant really audition any of them. Has anyone heard both the ie600 and the monarch mk3 and can share their thoughts and opinions?
also what would be the best place to buy the monarch's? linsoul, thieaudio or ali express?
Thanks in advance
Greetings, Anouk,

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #547 of 692
I got some Dunu S&S tips because they were only like 12 bucks and I've been curious about them.

I put them on my Quintets and they're INCREDIBLE. Deep airtight seal and really fabulous performance.

On the Monarchs, I felt like the nozzle was too wide to start for the Dunu tips(wide nozzles not typically being an issue for me) and I couldn't get a great fit, and then on the sound side, something just felt flat in the Monarchs with those tips. Anyone had a better experience with the Dunus? Overall I'm glad I have them. They're such a weird unique tip shape that's great to have on hand for pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2024 at 1:30 PM Post #548 of 692
Hello everyone,
back into iems after a long time away. Looking for a portable setup with my iphone 15 and the cayin ru7. Endgame. My top contenders are the sennheiser ie600 and the monarch audio mkiii which I just discovered. A veru long time ago i owned the ie8 but iems have gone through so much the past years. I really like the dynamic driver sound but cant really audition any of them. Has anyone heard both the ie600 and the monarch mk3 and can share their thoughts and opinions?
also what would be the best place to buy the monarch's? linsoul, thieaudio or ali express?
Thanks in advance
Greetings, Anouk,
I had the IE600 for several months. In my opinion, it's super overrated, overpriced (at MSRP), and overhyped.

Unless you enjoy a really V-shaped sound signature or if you want really small and lightweight monitors, MMK3 completely destroys the IE600 in every way.

The original post of this thread has all of the places you can purchase the MMK3. I got mine from Bloom Audio. Super fast shipping and good customer service. I'd avoid AliExpress on big purchases unless you don't mind jumping through hoops for returns/refunds, eventually having to do a PayPal chargeback.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #550 of 692
I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm sorry that my recommendation didn't work out.

I'm waiting for the description.
Got some tips today.

HiFiGo ZEOS Render
  • The one that Z Reviews recommended (obviously)
  • I fully agree that these do isolate well, the best isolation I've had to date
  • These are somewhat "interesting" to take off from IEM
    • They don't look the same after taking them off once
    • I have a feeling that these are not for someone who likes to occasionally tip roll, but I may be wrong
  • A bit closed-in
  • Bass is great
  • Intimate and balanced sound
  • If you get soft/boring sound, try one size bigger
    • To my surprise L was still the best fit for me even though M is good for me on stock
    • The fit of these is a bit strange, you need to use one "too big", but the foam goes in and the outer layer is very soft
  • Stay in ear quite well and very comfortable
  • Sits like a glove on MK3
  • I can hear my pulse
  • M and S didn't isolate well, L started to hurt my ears after some time but sounded great
    • Felt a bit weird in ear as well
  • Won't be my go-to
Acoustune AET08
  • I really like the sound of these, very balanced
    • However the soundstage isn't the biggest one
  • Unfortunately I only ordered size L and they are a bit on the big side and don't stay in my ear well (or similar to stock tips)
    • The material isn't very grippy, which contributes to this
    • I may order size M along with some other tips at some point
    • Size L of this is somewhere between of M and L of the stock tips
  • Nice bass, but not the best
  • Feel sturdy
  • Difficulty 3/5 to put them on MK3
  • Note that the slightly big fit may affect things
  • "All rounder"
FAudio FA Instrument
  • The most spacious of the three
  • Exciting and musical
  • As the name suggests, great synergy with instrumental music
  • Bass is articulate and tight, but slightly less quantity vs stock tips
  • It feels like these would emphasize the U shape of MK3 somehow, but at the same time cuts that mid-bass bloat
  • These ones stay in ear!
  • Ultra comfortable
  • Can wear both M and L
    • M is good for me with stock tips and L clearly too big
  • These are fragile!
    • I managed to break one while putting it in place, luckily had extra pair of Ms
      • Warmly recommend buying the 3-pack, especially if you know your size
        • Nothing sucks more than opening the package in excitement, fitting them in, breaking one and not being able to actually try them
  • Difficulty 6/5 to put them on MK3
    • They will go there, no worries, but the combination of fragility, softness and tight fit = Rubik's Cube
    • At least they should stay in place :)
  • Not very good isolation
  • Very special and specialized
    • Not the best all-rounder, but nice tool in a toolbox
    • Also something I would recommend people to try as it's clearly something different from stock tips sound wise
  • My favourite so far, may order extra Ms, especially as I only have one extra left
  • Amazing bang-for-buck, these are just $5 a pair and $11 pack of three pairs

But these are initial impressions after very short demoing, so caveat emptor! Feel free to ask questions if you feel like. Also if there is someone from Europe with L sized ears and would have extra M tips, let me know. I have more tips incoming. We could arrange a trade :)

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 1:52 PM Post #551 of 692
anyone try these vs the Bonneville and have impressions?

Feb 8, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #552 of 692
Got some tips today.

HiFiGo ZEOS Render
  • The one that Z Reviews recommended (obviously)
  • I fully agree that these do isolate well, the best isolation I've had to date
  • These are somewhat "interesting" to take off from IEM
    • They don't look the same after taking them off once
    • I have a feeling that these are not for someone who likes to occasionally tip roll, but I may be wrong
  • A bit closed-in
  • Bass is great
  • Intimate and balanced sound
  • If you get soft/boring sound, try one size bigger
    • To my surprise L was still the best fit for me even though M is good for me on stock
    • The fit of these is a bit strange, you need to use one "too big", but the foam goes in and the outer layer is very soft
  • Stay in ear quite well and very comfortable
  • Sits like a glove on MK3
  • I can hear my pulse
  • M and S didn't isolate well, L started to hurt my ears after some time but sounded great
    • Felt a bit weird in ear as well
  • Won't be my go-to
Acoustune AET08
  • I really like the sound of these, very balanced
    • However the soundstage isn't the biggest one
  • Unfortunately I only ordered size L and they are a bit on the big side and don't stay in my ear well (or similar to stock tips)
    • The material isn't very grippy, which contributes to this
    • I may order size M along with some other tips at some point
    • Size L of this is somewhere between of M and L of the stock tips
  • Nice bass, but not the best
  • Feel sturdy
  • Difficulty 3/5 to put them on MK3
  • Note that the slightly big fit may affect things
  • "All rounder"
FAudio FA Instrument
  • The most spacious of the three
  • Exciting and musical
  • As the name suggests, great synergy with instrumental music
  • Bass is articulate and tight, but slightly less quantity vs stock tips
  • It feels like these would emphasize the U shape of MK3 somehow, but at the same time cuts that mid-bass bloat
  • These ones stay in ear!
  • Ultra comfortable
  • Can wear both M and L
    • M is good for me with stock tips and L clearly too big
  • These are fragile!
    • I managed to break one while putting it in place, luckily had extra pair of Ms
      • Warmly recommend buying the 3-pack, especially if you know your size
        • Nothing sucks more than opening the package in excitement, fitting them in, breaking one and not being able to actually try them
  • Difficulty 6/5 to put them on MK3
    • They will go there, no worries, but the combination of fragility, softness and tight fit = Rubik's Cube
    • At least they should stay in place :)
  • Not very good isolation
  • Very special and specialized
    • Not the best all-rounder, but nice tool in a toolbox
    • Also something I would recommend people to try as it's clearly something different from stock tips sound wise
  • My favourite so far, may order extra Ms, especially as I only have one extra left
  • Amazing bang-for-buck, these are just $5 a pair and $11 pack of three pairs

But these are initial impressions after very short demoing, so caveat emptor! Feel free to ask questions if you feel like. Also if there is someone from Europe with L sized ears and would have extra M tips, let me know. I have more tips incoming. We could arrange a trade :)

Hi,
Happy to see someone has the Render tips and sort of likes them :))
Now from my side, I am very bad in describing sound, but I do believe ear tips can make a significant difference.
I have tried a few and here is my ranking from worst to best.....sorry I cannot describe them better:

- stock silicones
- AZLA SednaEarfit XELASTEC
- CP 145
- stock foams
- Render tips
- Simbio F

For most of them , size M is the best fit for me. S does not isolate enough, L hurts my ears.... especially with such wide nozzele as MK III has.
Right out of the box I was actually very happy with the stock foams, but because (I believe) the foam is too thin (as opposed to dense) , and also the nozzle is wide and has the "ring" at the end (this is a fact) they ended up hurting my ears, I think they scratched my ear canal and took a few days to heal. So no more stock foams on this type of nozzle for me !
Simbio F look cool in orange, issue is they get dirty. Isolation and bass is best for me with these.
I do agree almost completely with what you said about Render. My biggest complaint is that M size is black and boring.....I may give the S ones a couple of tries, I already have the L to a friend.
In the future I may buy more Simbio Fs and Ws...... Simbio W may be similar to Renders, but in a white -orange combination:))

I live in Europe....but unfortunately I do not have any interesting tips to trade, aslo I am size M :)

Off topic: I do have a high end IEM for trade/sale.

Feb 14, 2024 at 3:41 AM Post #554 of 692
Someone here owns both Monarch MKIII and XENNS Mangird Top for a comparison? I'm interested and curious, I want to know if the mk3 worth the difference of price. Thanks.
Hi, I have both, these are my feelings about them (played on RU7): the differences between these two are rather small, I need really to concentrate to hear them.. on most tracks I dont hear a difference at all, but on some tracks mk3 presents a better 3D space and definitelly you can hear the very tiniest details better, the presentation on mk3 is a little bit cleaner (sometimes). Maby on better source, the differences can be bigger. The TOPs are more comfortable for me (even if they have similar size), for smaller earcanals can be the mk3 a problem. On mk3 I use one size smaller tips than on TOPs (I use Divinus velvet tips on both). Is it worth the price difference?? I paid for TOPs 500,- and for me the mk3 should cost 700,- max.. (but this is very different by each of us, somebody can and will pay multiples of price for only marginal SQ profit).

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #555 of 692
Hi, I have both, these are my feelings about them (played on RU7): the differences between these two are rather small, I need really to concentrate to hear them.. on most tracks I dont hear a difference at all, but on some tracks mk3 presents a better 3D space and definitelly you can hear the very tiniest details better, the presentation on mk3 is a little bit cleaner (sometimes). Maby on better source, the differences can be bigger. The TOPs are more comfortable for me (even if they have similar size), for smaller earcanals can be the mk3 a problem. On mk3 I use one size smaller tips than on TOPs (I use Divinus velvet tips on both). Is it worth the price difference?? I paid for TOPs 500,- and for me the mk3 should cost 700,- max.. (but this is very different by each of us, somebody can and will pay multiples of price for only marginal SQ profit).

I have breafly listened my friend's Xenns UP.
A first and very quick impression: they are very similar indeed:))

The build also seems to me very similar. Like they are made in the same factory:)))
I actually suspect these two brands and others being connected or sponsored by Linsoul.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back