Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Jan 29, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #511 of 690
EDIT: I originally mentioned something about Bliss's 2ohm output impedance affecting sound and XLR opening up sound.

For those interested, I didn't find MK3, but MK2 and Prestige are here:
Impedance dips quite low at high frequencies.
Interesting, compared to the other low impedence IEM's I have here.

1706524908375.png

Jan 30, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #513 of 690
Hi All, does anyone use the Monarch MKIII with the WM1AM2? Just wondering how this combo is as I'm looking at buying this, or the Prestige Ltd while my CA FU7s are being repaired.
... for me, and my music, this Combo is perfect !

Jan 30, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #515 of 690
I'm currently listening to the best album of Marilyn Manson: "The Pale Emperor". I recommend to all MK3 owners to listen to the bonus track Day 3 (Bonus Track). Just WOW!!!

That’s definite a great track!

Jan 30, 2024 at 5:12 PM Post #516 of 690
Hi All, does anyone use the Monarch MKIII with the WM1AM2? Just wondering how this combo is as I'm looking at buying this, or the Prestige Ltd while my CA FU7s are being repaired.
mmk3 doesnt scale.
pair it with an apple dongle, m15, wa7, n8ii - minor changes if any.
it will give u its all right away on any source, it won't benefit better sources.

that being said, they sound fantastic.
just pair it to whatever u have and ull get top performance.

Jan 30, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #517 of 690
mmk3 doesnt scale.
it will give u its all right away on any source, it won't benefit better sources.

I agree it’s relatively minor differences with the Monarch Mk 3. The biggest difference I got was when I plugged it into my Ferrum Oor. More control overall in the sound, but changing portable devices has been relatively small changes, which, like you said, is great because they sound fantastic as is.

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #518 of 690
... for me, and my music, this Combo is perfect !

mmk3 doesnt scale.

Thanks guys, much appreciated :) I may just get my first Monarch...I've been meaning to pick one up for ages.

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #519 of 690
Thanks guys, much appreciated :) I may just get my first Monarch...I've been meaning to pick one up for ages.
You won't be disappointed, its a great iem.

Jan 31, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #520 of 690

You will not regret it. I use them with my Go Pods, but tbh, they out perform my EE Odins.

Jan 31, 2024 at 6:36 PM Post #524 of 690
mmk3 doesnt scale.

If you can, try them with the AK 2000T, the Mk.III love the tube mix!

Feb 1, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #525 of 690
mmk3 doesnt scale.

I agree on the amp side, but not the dac side. Even my wife who is not audiophile at all was just jamming along another night while testing them from HQP->May->Bliss, but Mojo 2 was a disappointment in comparison. I agree that it's no comparison. But it's the dac IMO, not the amp, as it is so easy to drive anyway. You mentioned testing different amps, daps, but no high-end dacs. Try from something like apple dongle and chord dave side by side and you will see the light :)

I was also very clearly able to hear differences between different filters and modulators in HQP and also DSD1024 vs DSD512 (on May that is able to reproduce those in the first place). I think it scales surprisingly well and this scalability was something that actually amazed me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back