Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Nov 14, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #361 of 690
I had the mmkIII as a loaner for a week and loved it. Comfort was good as long as I wasn't fully twisting it inside my concha. If I do so there were pressure points. So not a clean looking fit im my ears. I'm kinda torn if I should get them.
Also I' m disappointed by the lackluster build of my OG oracle. Very hollow thin shells and a faceplate that easily pops off.
Not sure how much bettef mmkIII is in that respect.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #362 of 690
I had the mmkIII as a loaner for a week and loved it. Comfort was good as long as I wasn't fully twisting it inside my concha. If I do so there were pressure points. So not a clean looking fit im my ears. I'm kinda torn if I should get them.
Also I' m disappointed by the lackluster build of my OG oracle. Very hollow thin shells and a faceplate that easily pops off.
Not sure how much bettef mmkIII is in that respect.
I’m fortunate that my concha’s seem to be on the large side and the mmk3 fits comfortably.

I’m not sure why you’d need to twist it, but I guess we all have unique ears and our own way of fitting them. I do the pull the ear back technique learned from having etys, to open up the canal to get a deep secure fit and good seal.

In regard to the build quality, it’s my first thieaudio iem so I can’t comment on their other sets, but my mmk3 is solidly built with zero issues.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2023 at 8:57 PM Post #364 of 690
Nov 16, 2023 at 7:10 AM Post #366 of 690
Yeah, that’s the one… autocorrect changed Pod to Pro, apparently!

I don’t know if it’s worth the money or not, since I’ve not heard it, but I’ll reserve judgment until I do.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #368 of 690
Just heard this song on Tidal "Ghost Rider - Make us Stronger". I usually do not listen to this genre, but it sounds just crazy with mk3. Bass is so tight, layered and perfectly re-created - you just literally can feel the bass waves flowing.

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:22 AM Post #371 of 690
Our review of the Monarch MKIII is now published, with comparisons to UM's MEXT, Pheonix 6, and Monarch MKII :)

https://headfonics.com/thieaudio-monarch-mkiii-review/

1700385045638.png

Nov 20, 2023 at 12:14 AM Post #373 of 690
That's a great review. Curious if you will also be reviewing the Prestige LTD?
If the powers that be agree then I hope so.

Nov 20, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #374 of 690
The MK III sounds pretty amazing right out of the box. Big and bold dynamics with nicely saturated tone colors and a deep soundstage. Quite impressive at this price point. Although often described as a "basshead" IEM, it's actually much more than that. Yes, the bass hits hard but doesn't overwhelm; there's excellent clarity throughout the frequency spectrum.

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #375 of 690
The MK III sounds pretty amazing right out of the box. Big and bold dynamics with nicely saturated tone colors and a deep soundstage. Quite impressive at this price point. Although often described as a "basshead" IEM, it's actually much more than that. Yes, the bass hits hard but doesn't overwhelm; there's excellent clarity throughout the frequency spectrum.
Yup, they're "end game" IEMs for me because I don't want to spend over $2,000 for 1 IEM or go custom.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back