Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Oct 31, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #331 of 691
OK apparently I had signatures turned off. We have a little bit of crossover, I own the 6XX and the OG Truthear Zero (love them both). But I'm not familiar with high-end IEMs. Do you think the Monarch MK3 is a worthwhile all-rounder?
Yeah it replays most genres spectacularly. I don't feel the need to switch it out for certain genres or like I'm missing anything in tracks.

As long as the MMK3 fits your ears and you don't mind how big the shells are, it's the best sounding IEM at, around, and below $1,000 for me.

Oct 31, 2023 at 8:42 PM Post #332 of 691
Yeah it replays most genres spectacularly. I don't feel the need to switch it out for certain genres or like I'm missing anything in tracks.

As long as the MMK3 fits your ears and you don't mind how big the shells are, it's the best sounding IEM at, around, and below $1,000 for me.
Thanks for your opinions. I'm excited to go back and listen to them again!

Nov 1, 2023 at 3:41 AM Post #334 of 691
Better is subjective, I also own both and I have to say I prefer the overall sound and most importantly fit and comfort of the ie900.
Interesting.

How do you describe your preferences about the ie900 😉

I haven't listened to nore the Monarch (every version 😕) nore the Sennheiser, but I am interested by both.

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #335 of 691
Interesting.

How do you describe your preferences about the ie900 😉

I haven't listened to nore the Monarch (every version 😕) nore the Sennheiser, but I am interested by both.
More "refined", less "shouty" perhaps its just my preference for single driver type designs rather than hybrid designs.

The ie900 is obviously much smaller and disappears in my ears.

Its probably due to my preference to listen at lower volumes because I'm very sure the MMKIII can shift way more air and sound better at louder volume levels than the ie900.

Nov 1, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #336 of 691
Ok thanks 🙏 👍

Nov 1, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #337 of 691
This is a funny thing to ask, but i read a thread of hype 2 and bunch of people have had quality control issues. Has there been any QC issues with Monarch Mk III. I've been thinking of getting it, but I would have to get from linsoul, which means that QC issues will be a drag since there's no reseller anywhere close by. And since it would be my first 1k iem, I'm a bit hesitant...

Nov 1, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #338 of 691
I’ve not seen any QC in the 23 pages of this thread or elsewhere. I’m not actively looking for it, though. My experience so far with the quality and build of the MMk3 has been great so far.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:13 PM Post #339 of 691
I bought the Monarchs on impulse a month ago, wanting to have an all in one wired iem to listen using my phone as source, after a few years of using tws. The packaging, frankly, could be better for the price but no doubting the quality of the iems and cable.

No regrets at all, as the Monarchs are a great listen, fun and not too analytical, yet without losing details. I use Baroque tips, which to my ears, extends the lows and the highs a bit more as they provide a great seal. Prior to that I tried the Aznas and the Coreir. I did not like the stock tips as I found the highs a bit too harsh with them.

I initially had issues with the cable not attaching itself firmly to the 4.4mm jack. I think I read some others had a similar issue early on in this thread, and also on reddit. It would come loose very easily which was really irritating. This was resolved by the dealer who replaced cable and all adapters with a new set. He did tell me that out of all the sets he’s sold so far, only myself and one other had this issue.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #342 of 691
Just out of curiosity, has anyone run their Mk3 on just a dongle(apple or otherwise)? How does it perform?

I’ve used the Apple dongle, it’s okay/fine for what it is, and you shouldn’t have a problem running it off such a simple adapter. I’ve also use the Questyle M15 dongle, which improves sound quality pretty noticeably. Punchier, especially in the low bass, more articulate, wider sound stage, high frequencies are better resolved, just as extremely quick thoughts.

Nov 7, 2023 at 7:54 AM Post #343 of 691
I am using the ddhifi tc44pro, out of my Samsung Flip, and the sound quality is very good. I would suspect the Apple dongle would work just as well. The Mk3s are pretty easy to drive.

Nov 7, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #344 of 691
More "refined", less "shouty" perhaps its just my preference for single driver type designs rather than hybrid designs.

The ie900 is obviously much smaller and disappears in my ears.

Its probably due to my preference to listen at lower volumes because I'm very sure the MMKIII can shift way more air and sound better at louder volume levels than the ie900.
Had both ie900 and mk3. With all respect to sennheiser, but IE900 are not even close to mk3 in my opinion. Never heard anything like mk3 under 1k$. Music just sounds more natural, with bigger body, slam, attack, soudstage.
Cherrs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back