Thieaudio Monarch MKIII impressions, reviews, and pictures thread
Aug 7, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #16 of 721
“The U4s brings a weightier timbre and heightened dynamics which makes it such an enjoyable listen. And really, that’s what sets the U4s apart.“

I didn’t catch this on first read but this suggests that the dynamics of the MMK3 fall behind the U4s.

On Precog’s IEM ranking list, he has the dynamics of the U4s as an 8 and the MMK2’s at a 6. I’m assuming the MMK3 is similar. His rankings aren’t canon but it gives me an idea.

Are there any MMK2/3 owners here that can comment on the dynamics of these IEMs? I was really close to pulling on a pair but now I’m a little concerned.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #17 of 721
“The U4s brings a weightier timbre and heightened dynamics which makes it such an enjoyable listen. And really, that’s what sets the U4s apart.“

I didn’t catch this on first read but this suggests that the dynamics of the MMK3 fall behind the U4s.

On Precog’s IEM ranking list, he has the dynamics of the U4s as an 8 and the MMK2’s at a 6. I’m assuming the MMK3 is similar. His rankings aren’t canon but it gives me an idea.

Are there any MMK2/3 owners here that can comment on the dynamics of these IEMs? I was really close to pulling on a pair but now I’m a little concerned.
Monarch MKIII doesn't lack on dynamics at all. It's a very dynamic IEM. Very engaging.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:46 AM Post #18 of 721
Monarch MKIII doesn't lack on dynamics at all. It's a very dynamic IEM. Very engaging.
My 5c. based on initial impressions will be the My custom MK3 is till not ready but had the chance to try one from the first shipped.

It isn't harsh as the 8k region is not boosted and the 10k "concha mimicking dip" is well made. Still it is airy and transparent due to the est tuning and extension. The pina gain is well tuned. If you like highs and female vocals really sharp as in the Timeless or Dioko then they might sound a bit smooth initially. I personally enjoy their more diverse and realistic sound of highs and natural tenderness of female vocals.

Mids are correct, without distortion or errors, the ba drivers are high quality and the crossovers are seamless.

The 2 dd are well blended into strong but not distracting or bleeding bass with good control and texture.

Basically a golden middle between correct and boring monitor and more engaging bass and treble. The bass and treble additionally create a sense of "deep and wide stage" respectively due to their psychiacoustic effects. They sound very dynamic and engaging, yet detailed and correct.

The drivers and x-overs are high quality so they provide what reviewers like to call resolution and details.

No distortions unlike many iems hyped by reviewers.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #19 of 721
My 5c. based on initial impressions will be the My custom MK3 is till not ready but had the chance to try one from the first shipped.

It isn't harsh as the 8k region is not boosted and the 10k "concha mimicking dip" is well made. Still it is airy and transparent due to the est tuning and extension. The pina gain is well tuned. If you like highs and female vocals really sharp as in the Timeless or Dioko then they might sound a bit smooth initially. I personally enjoy their more diverse and realistic sound of highs and natural tenderness of female vocals.

Mids are correct, without distortion or errors, the ba drivers are high quality and the crossovers are seamless.

The 2 dd are well blended into strong but not distracting or bleeding bass with good control and texture.

Basically a golden middle between correct and boring monitor and more engaging bass and treble. The bass and treble additionally create a sense of "deep and wide stage" respectively due to their psychiacoustic effects. They sound very dynamic and engaging, yet detailed and correct.

The drivers and x-overs are high quality so they provide what reviewers like to call resolution and details.

No distortions.
Good descriptions of your initial impressions.

Everything just sounds correct, balanced, dynamic, fun, engaging, detailed, precise.

So many more adjectives can be used to describe the MM3, but people just need to hear it to understand that this is the best "entry level" (in price) kilobuck IEM. In my opinion of course.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:03 PM Post #21 of 721
I wonder whether there is any difference between the woofers of Hype2 and Monarch III. Surprised to find a few less-than-stellar impressions about bass dynamic of Monarch III, whilst the Hype2 is very good on this front.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:07 PM Post #22 of 721

I definitely agree with that assessment of the U4s.

I'm looking for something similar but exactly as that comparison says, a little more clarity in the mids, but I don't want to lose anything else. I'll wait until I get the mext, then decide between the monarch mark iii or the mest mk III based on more comparisons.

Aug 11, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #23 of 721
Aug 11, 2023 at 9:39 PM Post #24 of 721
Aug 12, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #25 of 721
I wonder whether there is any difference between the woofers of Hype2 and Monarch III. Surprised to find a few less-than-stellar impressions about bass dynamic of Monarch III, whilst the Hype2 is very good on this front.
I don't think anyone who has heard the Monarch MKIII has said it lack bass dynamics. Just 1 guy in here who asked about it.

One of Monarch MKIII's main strengths is its bass. It's powerful, it rumbles, it extends deep, it slams, it is very textured and layered, it's tight and controlled, it doesn't bleed into other frequencies, it's not muddy, it's very dynamic. One of the best bass I've heard.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #26 of 721
Elise Audio guys shares their opinion on the Monarch MKIII.

Also did a comparison of sort with the Prestige LTD.

They really need to use a decent camera and not their laptop camera and mic.
I am a bit confused with their statements that A) Prestige Ltd has more recessed mids and is more V shaped vs B) Prestige Ltd. is more neutral or reference signature. Recessed mids and V are a bit contrary to Neutral and Reference in my personal opinion. I don't argue they are wrong, I just can't combine the two claims logically for myself.

And looking at the graphs of MM3 vs Prestige Ltd. I don't see more V on the Prestige, at least graphically it looks that the MM3 has both lows and highs a bit more elevated than the Prestige Ltd. Perhaps listening might give a bit different psychiacoustic impression than the graphs
Screenshot_2023-08-10_at_20-34-12_Squiglink_-_IEM_frequency_response_database_by_Hawaii_Bad_Boy.png

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #27 of 721
Anyone who got the aurora faceplate receive theirs yet? I want to see em :eyes:

Aug 13, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #28 of 721
Aug 13, 2023 at 7:23 PM Post #30 of 721
I ordered a MMK3 (default faceplate) from Elise Audio. I should have it in towards the end of this week. I’ll post impressions once I get some listening in.
Didn't know they had MMK3 in stock yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back