ThieAudio Monarch Mk.II vs Unique Melody MEST Mk.II
Jan 19, 2022 at 6:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GridIroN

100+ Head-Fier
Hey people,

I'm curious for direct comparisons between these two IEMs from those that have tried both, or happen to own both. The Mmk.II is certainly newer, but I haven't seen much in the way of direct comparisons between the new Monarch and the Mest when you'd think these two are probably the two biggest competing IEMs at the 1~1.5kilobuck range...

Anyone?

Feb 18, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 5
Got both right now, based on my limited listening they sound extremely similar. Monarch mkii seems to have a bit more treble emphasis. Was really worried about fit being large and although they fit, it actually hurts one side pressing against my cartilage. Because of that ill be keeping the mest mkii

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 5
I have not got a chance to audition the Mest MK2 so far, but I recently auditioned the Monarch MK2. It isn't up to my personal preference of music listening. I want more body in the Midrange specially vocals. This might be my source too(I used Astell & Kern SE100).

One thing to praise with the Monarch MK2 would be, its extraordinary treble performance. Nicely detailed, airy, and wide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back