ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jul 29, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #1,096 of 1,778
I'm considering the Legacy 3, and noise isolation is very important to me. Could anyone who has it and any of the following earphones compare their level of isolation?

- Dunu DM-480 (also considering)
- Ibasso IT00 (also considering)
- Mee Pinnacle PX / P1 (My current best isolation)
- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4
- Moondrop Kanas / Kanas Pro

Thanks!

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #1,097 of 1,778
I'm considering the Legacy 3, and noise isolation is very important to me. Could anyone who has it and any of the following earphones compare their level of isolation?

- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4

Thanks!

Toastybob,
The only other set I have is the P1, which was also one of my best-fitting IEMs to date. I think the isolation is even better on L3. P1 was extremely comfortable to me, and L3 is comfortable also, but it is a bit bigger and maybe tighter feeling. Isolation on L3 is probably the best I've had yet, inwards and outwards. My wife says she hears no sound bleeding at moderate playing. It actually scares me a bit to listen to in bed though, almost afraid I'd not hear a smoke alarm or something. (Didn't hear a clock alarm beeping through the night once).
Especially great isolation with the Sedna Xelastic tips!
Hope that helps, I still love my L3 a lot, but am watching the it00 train too. :wink:

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #1,098 of 1,778

- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4

Thanks!

This has a..umm lack of a better description...universal custom mold if that makes sense. If it fits your ears it will isolate better than kp.

Jul 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #1,099 of 1,778
It actually scares me a bit to listen to in bed though, almost afraid I'd not hear a smoke alarm or something. (Didn't hear a clock alarm beeping through the night once).
I thought I was the only one having this kind of feeling :sweat_smile: and this is the only iem that i experienced having almost no sound bleeds.

Jul 30, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #1,102 of 1,778
I had the chance to listen to the L3, BLON03, UF for the past few days, the 03, UF really sounds 'fun', L3 is a bit analytical compared to the 2, i would use the L3 for studio mixing work compared to the other 2 for example

it really depends on your taste or mood

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:01 PM Post #1,104 of 1,778

- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4

Thanks!
The L3 has a weird little nozzle that can make fit a bit strange. The dm480 is a shell used on other IEMs that I to own and it's a very good shell for fit and isolation. But I've heard the tuning on this pair is a bit off.... The ibasso IT00 is a pair I have ordered, but I'd assume the fit will be normal like the 01 and 04 which I've owned both of. Very average in a good way...

I would honestly use the L3 more if it was a little bit more of a standard fit. I would hazard a guess it fits small ears better than large ears but tips can be tricky with it.

Jul 30, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #1,106 of 1,778
The L3 has a weird little nozzle that can make fit a bit strange. The dm480 is a shell used on other IEMs that I to own and it's a very good shell for fit and isolation. But I've heard the tuning on this pair is a bit off.... The ibasso IT00 is a pair I have ordered, but I'd assume the fit will be normal like the 01 and 04 which I've owned both of. Very average in a good way...

I would honestly use the L3 more if it was a little bit more of a standard fit. I would hazard a guess it fits small ears better than large ears but tips can be tricky with it.
Good guess! I have small and shallow ears, and the L3 are the best fitting pair of iems I have ever tried. I kind of wish more companies would offer different sized shells, as in size small for me. :ksc75smile:

Aug 7, 2020 at 1:21 PM Post #1,108 of 1,778

- KZ ZS3 / ZS3E / ZS4

Thanks!

Of these I've had a few KZs, the P1, and the iBasso IT03.

IMO, this trumps them all, in both sound and isolation. The "universal custom" shape makes them fit really flush to the ears and the tips drive in deeper than the iBasso or KZ by a good bit. You won't go as crazy deep as the P1 but with foams it seals perfectly.

Has anyone compared them to other hybrids like the it03 or isn h40? Would love to hear how they fare!

Compared to the KZ ZSX (previous fave), IT03, and 1More Quad, it's essentially got the fun and dynamic sound but avoids sounding flat. I found the IT03 to be too thin for my tastes, the 1More got muddy, and compared to the ZSX it's much, much more cohesive.

I struggled a good bit between the L3 and the Starfield and for someone who listens to mostly metal/rock/rap, I need something that helps me "feel" the music and that's these.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #1,109 of 1,778
Finally managed to get a perfect fit with these IEM's after owning them for a month.

Back to using the stock tips but my issue was that I needed the large tip for my right ear and the medium for the left. Works like a charm now.

Also the stock tips significantly reduce the driver flex when I put them in to the point where i'm not really concerned about it anymore.

Still like the Spinfits CP145's but I don't have them in large :frowning2:

Aug 7, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #1,110 of 1,778
I'm always wary of the C145s because I'm not confident in their effect on the sound. So I just go with the foams lol.

Been playing with the switches on the back, not sure what setting I like or if it even matters. I have a bad feeling if I never read what they were supposed to do that I never would have figured it out.

EDIT: I got the CP145 confused with the CP240, I was thinking the double-bore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back