ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Aug 7, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #1,111 of 1,778
I'm always wary of the C145s because I'm not confident in their effect on the sound. So I just go with the foams lol.

Been playing with the switches on the back, not sure what setting I like or if it even matters. I have a bad feeling if I never read what they were supposed to do that I never would have figured it out.

EDIT: I got the CP145 confused with the CP240, I was thinking the double-bore.

I played around with the switches for an hour or so. I found 1 down 2 up to have the best sound imo. I also liked 1 up 2 up but most people seem to recommend the former so I stuck with that.

Aug 7, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #1,112 of 1,778
Given my general listening habits, I've a feeling either gonna be 1d2d or 1u2u for me. I don't have any issues with treble lacking, and I likes me loud volume with serious punch.

EDIT: I should say I'm using a TRIPOWIN balanced cable into a Fiio BTR5 and holy smokes this thing is godly like this, but being me, I'm looking for tips. Particularly, any that won't slide off of the... oddly smooth bores that are also tapered a bit.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 1:43 PM Post #1,113 of 1,778
Given my general listening habits, I've a feeling either gonna be 1d2d or 1u2u for me. I don't have any issues with treble lacking, and I likes me loud volume with serious punch.

EDIT: I should say I'm using a TRIPOWIN balanced cable into a Fiio BTR5 and holy smokes this thing is godly like this, but being me, I'm looking for tips. Particularly, any that won't slide off of the... oddly smooth bores that are also tapered a bit.
The L3 has better sound from balanced output and with balanced cable ?

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #1,115 of 1,778
I received my replacement L3’s today. All I can say is now I understand the hype. My first set was definitely defective. I pulled the cable and tips off my S8F’s to try the replacements and I was blown away. Definitely a fun IEM. Completes with my S8F’s very well. In my eyes they’re different flavors of a good thing. The L3’s are set to default 0,0.

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #1,116 of 1,778
I received my replacement L3’s today. All I can say is now I understand the hype. My first set was definitely defective. I pulled the cable and tips off my S8F’s to try the replacements and I was blown away. Definitely a fun IEM. Completes with my S8F’s very well. In my eyes they’re different flavors of a good thing. The L3’s are set to default 0,0.
Glad it worked out well for you, and that you like them! :thumbsup:

Aug 8, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #1,117 of 1,778

Damn man, for real? Like, that's high praise indeed.

I definitely agree these feel "endgame" for people who aren't trying to truly find "the best", but more like sate the desire to spend much more money. I was eyeballing stuff like the Massdrop Plus, IT04, some of Fiio's offerings, but this one caught my attention and I'm glad for it. The only way I'm getting another set now is if I get a huge tax refund and I feel like jumping up to the $500+ area.

Side note, does anyone else have an issue with cables popping off? I'm tempted to axe using the balanced because the right earpiece keeps sliding off with the one I have.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #1,118 of 1,778
Damn man, for real? Like, that's high praise indeed.

I definitely agree these feel "endgame" for people who aren't trying to truly find "the best", but more like sate the desire to spend much more money. I was eyeballing stuff like the Massdrop Plus, IT04, some of Fiio's offerings, but this one caught my attention and I'm glad for it. The only way I'm getting another set now is if I get a huge tax refund and I feel like jumping up to the $500+ area.

Side note, does anyone else have an issue with cables popping off? I'm tempted to axe using the balanced because the right earpiece keeps sliding off with the one I have.
I agree that you need to at least go to the $300 range for a true upgrade. There are some truly special Chi-Fi IEMs in the $500-$1,000 range, many of them being tribrids nowadays.

I use the stock cables with my L3, and while they don’t frequently pop off, they are quite loosely attached. I keep pushing them back on.

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #1,119 of 1,778
I agree that you need to at least go to the $300 range for a true upgrade. There are some truly special Chi-Fi IEMs in the $500-$1,000 range, many of them being tribrids nowadays.

I use the stock cables with my L3, and while they don’t frequently pop off, they are quite loosely attached. I keep pushing them back on.

Tribrids? Is this some kind of new wizardry that happened while I wasn't looking?

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #1,121 of 1,778
What the... that sounds insane and I want one. Not to derail too much, but google isn't helping me out too much here so if you could toss a couple models at me I'd love to start researching.

Aug 8, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #1,122 of 1,778
What the... that sounds insane and I want one. Not to derail too much, but google isn't helping me out too much here so if you could toss a couple models at me I'd love to start researching.
Shuoer EJ07, Fearless Roland, Mofasest Trio, ThieAudio Monarch and Clairvoyance, Empire Ears Wraith, Valkyrie, and now Odin, VE Elysium, Moondrop Solis, Fearless Dawn, etc.

Other tribrid variants include Tri i3, BQEYZ Spring 1 and 2, LZ A6 and A7, etc.

Unique Melody MEST has a bone conduction transducer.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #1,123 of 1,778
Shuoer EJ07, Fearless Roland, Mofasest Trio, ThieAudio Monarch and Clairvoyance, Empire Ears Wraith, Valkyrie, and now Odin, VE Elysium, Moondrop Solis, Fearless Dawn, etc.

Other tribrid variants include Tri i3, BQEYZ Spring 1 and 2, LZ A6 and A7, etc.

Unique Melody MEST has a bone conduction transducer.

Thanks bud! I guess I'll end up with something on my wishlist.

Aug 9, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #1,124 of 1,778
What was wrong with your first L3 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back