ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jun 8, 2020 at 10:20 PM Post #496 of 1,778
Well the L3 on the graph might have less bass. But I would argue that clean bass is more impactful than muddy bass. I actually prefer the bass on the L3. Well, I must admit I am not a bass head but I like to have bass that is slightly north of neutral. For example, on most amplifiers I leave loudness off but I do turn the bass up to about 2 or 3 o'clock.

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #497 of 1,778
Well the L3 on the graph might have less bass. But I would argue that clean bass is more impactful than muddy bass. I actually prefer the bass on the L3. Well, I must admit I am not a bass head but I like to have bass that is slightly north of neutral. For example, on most amplifiers I leave loudness off but I do turn the bass up to about 2 or 3 o'clock.
Most certainly!

The bass on the L3 is pretty much perfect IMO. What I was eluding to is the fact that the exaggerated mid bass in particular is a common complaint of the BL03, and was what so many were hoping would be remedied in the BL05. They did decrease the bass in the BL05, but also changed the entire balance of the tuning, for better or worse. Many have compared the L3 to the BL03, stating that the L3 is kind of a direct upgrade, and the graph comparison would seem to support that.

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #498 of 1,778
I got the Legacy 3 the beginning of this week, had a listen.
Not sure if this is allowed but I will post my graph
ThieAudio_Legacy_3.png

ThieAudio_Legacy_3_-_Seperated.png

So far my favorite setting is 00, as it is more enjoyable than the 10/11 personally. Will post my full impression in a few days

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #499 of 1,778
Hmmmmm.....interesting.

1DF32951-E36C-462A-AFA2-746456D41056.png

Jun 9, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #501 of 1,778
I noticed the exact same thing. Makes me feel pretty damn good about the L3, enough for me to order a CIEM set for when I’m on the road with the band I tech for.
:thumbsup: If only I knew of an audiologist near me that did digital ear impressions, then I‘d order a CIEM L3 now.

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #502 of 1,778
Jun 9, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #503 of 1,778
I got the Legacy 3 the beginning of this week, had a listen.
Not sure if this is allowed but I will post my graphThieAudio_Legacy_3.png
ThieAudio_Legacy_3_-_Seperated.png

So far my favorite setting is 00, as it is more enjoyable than the 10/11 personally. Will post my full impression in a few days

Thank you for posting this. I have been on 0,1. Looks like I need to try 0,0.

Jun 10, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #507 of 1,778
Would you mind make a quick comparison between B2 and L3?
Cheers
B2 is a lot more neutral than L3 & the comparison is using the default switch (both off).

Bass is very noticeably bigger in quantity & have bigger punch but less clean & slower. The bass texture appear to be a bit better on L3 than B2 but maybe because of the bigger quantity.
Mid is definitely thicker than moondrop tuning as the male vocal is much more forward than female but less in clarity. B2 mid is far more transparent and textured (imo).
Cymbals is not that splashy but sounds less natural and lack air (sound boxy to me(?)) & very BA timbre imo. B2 is more natural & effortless in producting cymbals & high hats to me.
Soundstage & imaging has more width than height. Depth is just ok. B2 got better out of head feeling while L3 still has the in your head feeling.
For resolution, B2 is definitely far better, but if comparing L3 to starfield, they are pretty similar.

Jun 10, 2020 at 6:38 PM Post #508 of 1,778
Legacy 3 is in the house, and sounding incredible. I am completely blown away by the bass, mids, and especially vocals, for this kind of money. They look even better in person, are light as a feather, and fit perfectly. These will be getting tons of listening time, and fit perfectly in my collection. They really complement my Starfields and depending on my mood, both will be getting equal play time. Back to the music. . .:ksc75smile:

Jun 10, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #509 of 1,778
Legacy 3 is in the house, and sounding incredible. I am completely blown away by the bass, mids, and especially vocals, for this kind of money. They look even better in person, are light as a feather, and fit perfectly. These will be getting tons of listening time, and fit perfectly in my collection. They really complement my Starfields and depending on my mood, both will be getting equal play time. Back to the music. . .:ksc75smile:
Glad you like them! I’ve had them for several weeks now, “honeymoon period“ is over, but I like them just as much if not more than I did initially.

Since I haven’t had a chance to hear the Starfield myself, but I frequently end up recommending the Starfield and L3 (both have great tuning, both seem to have a euphonic, alluring sound, neither are offensive sounding in any way), I would greatly appreciate a comparison between the two if/when you have a chance to.

Jun 10, 2020 at 7:05 PM Post #510 of 1,778
Glad you like them! I’ve had them for several weeks now, “honeymoon period“ is over, but I like them just as much if not more than I did initially.

Since I haven’t had a chance to hear the Starfield myself, but I frequently end up recommending the Starfield and L3 (both have great tuning, both seem to have a euphonic, alluring sound, neither are offensive sounding in any way), I would greatly appreciate a comparison between the two if/when you have a chance to.
Thanks! I will be more than happy to give you a detailed comparison between the Starfield and L3 in a few days, once I have had some time to get a good feel for them. I will get back with you in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back