ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jun 11, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #526 of 1,778
Great info, thanks guys. This sounds promising. The Starfields imaging is probably it’s greatest strength, so it makes sense if the L3 is slightly behind It in that regard.

Jun 11, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #527 of 1,778
Starfield is smoother for me, but L3 is definitely warmer since the male vocal is thicker here and a bit unrefined compared to starfield.
Interesting. . .the smoothness of the L3 versus the slightly sharper transients of Starfield, was the first thing that jumped out at me.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #528 of 1,778
Interesting. . .the smoothness of the L3 versus the slightly sharper transients of Starfield, was the first thing that jumped out at me.
Smoothness in mids right?

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #529 of 1,778
IMO, the tuning of the L3 is exactly what most people hoped the BL05 would be. Less mid bass, more detail, better technicalities. The BA timbre is very good, but can’t quite match the naturalness of a single DD.

Jun 11, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #530 of 1,778
Hey guys. First head fi post. Got the L3 ordered on amazon. Should arrive next week. Mystique. I'll be running them off a btr5. I'm curious if anyone has run them balanced? It seems they don't need the extra power but I'm curious if they benefit from it in any way. Not sure if I should invest in a 2.5mm balanced cable. I also ordered the Sedna Earfit thanks to IEMusic advice. Hopefully this all works out! First chi fi IEM so I'm excited from all the great things I've heard. Something to go along with my HD58x

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #531 of 1,778
Hey guys. First head fi post. Got the L3 ordered on amazon. Should arrive next week. Mystique. I'll be running them off a btr5. I'm curious if anyone has run them balanced? It seems they don't need the extra power but I'm curious if they benefit from it in any way. Not sure if I should invest in a 2.5mm balanced cable. I also ordered the Sedna Earfit thanks to IEMusic advice. Hopefully this all works out! First chi fi IEM so I'm excited from all the great things I've heard. Something to go along with my HD58x
I run mine balanced off of an iBasso DX160, and they sound killer. I don't feel like they are being overpowered at all. I would say that depending on the source, if it is said to sound better balanced, then that is what I would use. It really just depends on the DAP.

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:07 PM Post #532 of 1,778
IMO, the tuning of the L3 is exactly what most people hoped the BL05 would be. Less mid bass, more detail, better technicalities. The BA timbre is very good, but can’t quite match the naturalness of a single DD.
Completely agree. I own the Blon 03, and they will not be getting any use, now that I have the L3.

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #533 of 1,778
I run mine balanced off of an iBasso DX160, and they sound killer. I don't feel like they are being overpowered at all. I would say that depending on the source, if it is said to sound better balanced, then that is what I would use. It really just depends on the DAP.
I'm just running off my phone now. Moto G Power with Amazon Music HD and UAPP. Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm new to a lot of this gear stuff. Does a DAP make a big difference if I'm using Bluetooth (btr5 LDAC) and as a USB dac versus my Motorola? Thanks

Jun 11, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #534 of 1,778
I'm just running off my phone now. Moto G Power with Amazon Music HD and UAPP. Sorry for sounding dumb but I'm new to a lot of this gear stuff. Does a DAP make a big difference if I'm using Bluetooth (btr5 LDAC) and as a USB dac versus my Motorola? Thanks
I wish I could help you, but I don't do Bluetooth, and the iBasso DX160 is my first DAP, and the only one I have heard. I do have a Samsung Galaxy S10+, but my DAP in balanced mode, blows the phone out of the water, as far as sound quality. I am sure others will chime in, about the Bluetooth.

Jun 11, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #535 of 1,778
I wish I could help you, but I don't do Bluetooth, and the iBasso DX160 is my first DAP, and the only one I have heard. I do have a Samsung Galaxy S10+, but my DAP in balanced mode, blows the phone out of the water, as far as sound quality. I am sure others will chime in, about the Bluetooth.
Yeah. My btr5 can do both USB dac mode and Bluetooth ldac mode. Sometimes I do Bluetooth for walking around and doing stuff and use the USB dac mode when I'm sitting or laying down. I was confused I thought your ibasso was a dac/amp you were running off your phone. I just researched and understand you're just using the DAP. But thanks for the feedback. I may invest in a 2.5mm qdc cable for my L3

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #537 of 1,778
Jun 11, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #539 of 1,778
That’s too bad. Just curious, do you know what the source of the poor fit was?
aw, that's too bad. they are really comfortable for me, though I wish the nozzles were a tiny bit longer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back