ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jun 11, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #541 of 1,778
The notch? thats sticking out, I'm getting a lot of Pain / Soreness from it.
If you’re curious enough to try something else, try to find a short ear tip. While I was using the regular Sednas, after a while, they started to hurt my anti-tragus on the right (this is a common sore spot for me). I switched to the short Sednas, and the IEM then sat deeper in my ear, and there no longer was any pressure on that part of my ear. They are also more secure now. Just a thought.

(Previously found on Google, don’t know who to credit, sorry.)
972E6228-08D7-44DE-B1E6-3B6BB7040703.png

Jun 11, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #542 of 1,778
Hey IEMusic. I saw you're in Florida. I'm in Fort Myers! Thanks for creating this thread. I ordered my L3 on Amazon and should be here next week. Got the Sedna Earfit lights too. Hopefully I can get a good fit
I’m not far from you, in Sarasota. I’m quite confident you’ll really like them. So much nicer now that they’re available on Amazon. I had to practice a lot of patience.

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:13 PM Post #543 of 1,778
Okay so I have a set of the L3 and tried them and I have to say I'm not impressed no bass and sound hollow, I have the voyager 3 and they sound much better maybe warmer and slightly less detail but the L3 sounded plain wrong thin and lacking body.

Used rha double flange tips and spiral dots for both.

Do the L3 need to have a breaking in period?

Or could they be faulty?

Thank you

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #544 of 1,778
Hey guys. First head fi post. Got the L3 ordered on amazon. Should arrive next week. Mystique. I'll be running them off a btr5. I'm curious if anyone has run them balanced? It seems they don't need the extra power but I'm curious if they benefit from it in any way. Not sure if I should invest in a 2.5mm balanced cable. I also ordered the Sedna Earfit thanks to IEMusic advice. Hopefully this all works out! First chi fi IEM so I'm excited from all the great things I've heard. Something to go along with my HD58x
They are very easy to drive even with phone. So balanced might not needed.

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:17 PM Post #545 of 1,778
Okay so I have a set of the L3 and tried them and I have to say I'm not impressed no bass and sound hollow, I have the voyager 3 and they sound much better maybe warmer and slightly less detail but the L3 sounded plain wrong thin and lacking body.

Used rha double flange tips and spiral dots for both.

Do the L3 need to have a breaking in period?

Or could they be faulty?

Thank you

Probably faulty; try breaking them in. Also place the switches in the down, down position. These IEM's are very ear tip sensitive.

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #546 of 1,778
Probably faulty; try breaking them in. Also place the switches in the down, down position. These IEM's are very ear tip sensitive.
I agree with all of the above.

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #547 of 1,778
I agree with all of the above.

Will try tomorrow for an extended test however with spiral dots they really sound thin no bass i even swapped round cables from v3 to L3 and the V3 has more body and fuller sound.

Will try dip switches down it almost as if the dynamic driver isn't working ...?

Paired with Btr5 and V30 phone

Jun 11, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #549 of 1,778
Will try dip switches down it almost as if the dynamic driver isn't working ...?

Unfortunately, that may be the case.

Jun 11, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #551 of 1,778
Thank you will try everything you mentioned but at the minute they sound terrible as if dynamic drivers for bass is broken.

Also should the sound be distant? Quite a wide separation?
The bass is the best thing about them. They do need a bit of burn in. They are also very tip sensitive. I used the stock tips and they didn’t sound great. At all. I played around with tips. Some sounded too bassy if anything. I found a pair of tips from my fh7 . I use the vocal spin fits and they now sound perfect. They don’t sound anything special with an array of tips. That may be your problem. Also. They are not for everyone. Maybe , they just aren’t your thing.

Jun 12, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #552 of 1,778
Anyone here have both of oriveti oh300 and L3, can help me to compare it, I own the oh300, wandering is L3 better, because the oh300 is the best set right now in my collection for this driver configuration.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:27 AM Post #553 of 1,778
Been giving the L3 a good listen the last couple days.... Anyone else notice that the bass sounds very un-dynamic driver-like. I'm not hearing what the graphs posted here would suggest in the bass and sub bass regions. Bass is clean but very laid back. These are definite the most relaxed triple driver hybrids I have heard.

Jun 12, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #554 of 1,778
Been giving the L3 a good listen the last couple days.... Anyone else notice that the bass sounds very un-dynamic driver-like. I'm not hearing what the graphs posted here would suggest in the bass and sub bass regions. Bass is clean but very laid back. These are definite the most relaxed triple driver hybrids I have heard.
Interesting, mine have killer bass with both switches down, that definitely sounds like a DD. I am a bass head, and the L3 is very satisfying to me.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #555 of 1,778
I have been switching back and forth all morning between the Starfield and L3, and they are about equal in terms of technical abilities, and both are keepers no doubt. Overall, they are pretty close, but I like the soundstage better on the L3. The Starfield are a bit more safe and forward sounding from top to bottom, while the L3 are more fun and expansive sounding. I get a more out of head 3 dimensional sound with the L3, which takes the fun factor up a few notches over the Starfield. When I am listening with the Starfield, I remain calm and think to myself these sound really good. Then, when I listen with the L3, I immediately start moving to the music and think to myself how amazing these are. They both have good balance and are smooth/warm sounding iems, with decent detail/transparency, that I can listen to all day. I would be happy with either one, but it is nice to own both. The L3 is sounding so good, that I am looking at the L9 now as my next purchase. The L3 are blowing my mind, so I am very curious what the next level Thieaudio iem sounds like. Back to the tunes. . . :ksc75smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back