ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jun 2, 2020 at 5:47 AM Post #451 of 1,778
anyone know of any comparison between the L3 and fearless audio estats IEM? im on the fence between these 2

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:52 AM Post #452 of 1,778
Go to an audiologist and they squirt goo in your ear that comes out like this

20200529_140710.jpgy
Did that audiologist rupture your eardrums and get some silicone in your brain? :joy: I have never seen impressions of ear canals that long! They must have really been right up against your eardrums.

Jun 2, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #453 of 1,778
If anyone has or gets the Moondrop Blessing 2 and the ThieAudio Legacy 3, I would be very interested in a detailed comparison. I know the tuning is very different, but I’m more interested in the technicalities (transients, detail, resolution,etc).

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #454 of 1,778
Whats everyone's current switch preference? Because the IEM is so sensitive to different tips I've been trying different things. So far I keep coming back to the default 0,0 tuning, it's got a nice balanced sound. Using the Sedna tips now so I'm playing with the switches again.

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #455 of 1,778
If anyone has or gets the Moondrop Blessing 2 and the ThieAudio Legacy 3, I would be very interested in a detailed comparison. I know the tuning is very different, but I’m more interested in the technicalities (transients, detail, resolution,etc).

I should have both by last month, but L3 is missing in transit somewhere in Asia. I will let you know the difference if L3 decides to show up.

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:34 PM Post #456 of 1,778
Whats everyone's current switch preference? Because the IEM is so sensitive to different tips I've been trying different things. So far I keep coming back to the default 0,0 tuning, it's got a nice balanced sound. Using the Sedna tips now so I'm playing with the switches again.
I've tried several tips and kept going back to the Spiral Dots. As for switches, I too kept going back to the default (down, down) setting, regardless of the tip. These settings seemed the most natural, too me.

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:41 PM Post #457 of 1,778
I'm using 0,1 with Azla Sedna (Light)

Jun 2, 2020 at 2:52 PM Post #458 of 1,778
Just an update on this, it is not great service IMO because we are dealing with having to send things back to China and extended periods of time waiting. They really should sort out their QC - it seems the same story with many of these headphones coming out of China - initial batches good (like for example I have early and very good BVGP DM6/DM7 sets but I heard others were not so fortunate) but you go in a few weeks late (once their demand ramps up) and you get these issues.

They messaged me via Amazon and asked more questions, I replied that I had tested using both ears, different cable, Left/Right Audio tests etc. The left side is much lower volume with extreme driver flex.

I asked them if they could send a new left driver, they said no, I have to send it all back to China. Linsoul gave me an address and the following instructions:

-Please keep everything original in the package, including the accessaries. We will issue refund once receive and test the returned product.
-Please note restocking fee may apply based on returned product condition. We will inspect each product and contact you if necessary.
-Please declare the value to 20usd to avoid any custom clearance issue.
-Please choose an economical shipping service to return the earphone, ususlly it will take 20-25usd by international shipping service.
-Please email the shipping receipt to us so we can reimburse the shipping fee for you.

Edit: got an e-mail from Amazon just now (a few hours later) saying they are already processing the refund....before I sent the package, etc...so that's strange. Maybe it paid off in this case to buy via Amazon.
The big turn off on this set is that it is exclusively sold by Linsoul.

In the US, It's going to be in stock with 2 day prime shipping, fulfilled by Amazon, sold by Linsoul, on June 7. I've already ordered my pair now that it will finally be like that.

This is the ONLY way I'll order anything from Linsoul. Just make sure to put everything through it's paces within Amazon's 30 day return window. Amazon is great, and definitely a needed middleman between Linsoul/DD and the consumer IMO....

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #459 of 1,778
My preference is Sedna Light Short tips and both switches down (0,0) in default setting.

Jun 3, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #463 of 1,778
I know it's not real audiophile move ,but can anybody recommend a good quality cable for the Legacy3 with mic and control buttons ?
I've looked for years... doesn't exist. but there are a number of passable cables with mic. Controls are rare

Jun 3, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #464 of 1,778
im using spinfit cp100 with switches 0,1.....i just got the spinfits today so im still trying different settings but so far 0,1 is best to my ears.....btw the spinfits cp100 fit very tightly over the nozzle so no worries about them falling off and they are extremely comfortable with deep insertion.

Jun 3, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #465 of 1,778

Users who are viewing this thread

Back