ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
May 24, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #361 of 1,778
Thanks!

One more question.

Do you know if the 0.78 2-pin connection is used with all of the custom color and faceplate choices or only the default H06/AW11 blue option that's pictured above.
Thus far, I’ve only seen it with the blue-AW11 or the China White design. They only recently started letting us customize it further. I would check with Linsoul to make sure.

This review was posted earlier. This is the China White design with 0.78mm 2-pin connector.
https://primeaudio.org/thieaudio-legacy-3-custom-review/

May 25, 2020 at 3:43 PM Post #362 of 1,778
I wonder if I got a defective unit or L3 just can't handle eq of low frequencies that good. Can someone with Fiio BTR5 please set yours to AptX HD and eq first 3 low frequencies to 8-9 db. I know that's not listenable, but just to check. At that level my pair starts to crackle very loudly, sounds very concerning

May 25, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #363 of 1,778
I wonder if I got a defective unit or L3 just can't handle eq of low frequencies that good. Can someone with Fiio BTR5 please set yours to AptX HD and eq first 3 low frequencies to 8-9 db. I know that's not listenable, but just to check. At that level my pair starts to crackle very loudly, sounds very concerning

Sounds mushy on my LG V35 using UAPP. I find putting it at 5db pretty good.

Edit: Even with these settings it crackles, keep in mind Praise The Lord by A$ap Rocky is extremely bass heavy. These puppies aren't for extreme bassheads. Which is why I use them for everything other than old school rap.

Attachments

• Capture+_2020-05-25-16-05-21.png
    Capture+_2020-05-25-16-05-21.png
    168 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #364 of 1,778
Hey guys and gals,

I was clicking around the interweb and I found out that Linsoul does offer the L3 with a 0.78 2-pin connector for only $129!

It is currently only listed on Linsoul's eBay site, and it is only available in the blue-on-blue H06/AW11 combo.

The Blue version may be a little blingy for me, but for $50 bucks less then all the custom options that are on Linsoul.com, I'll take it!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thieaudio-...er-In-Ear-Monitor-with-7N-Cable/114177493415?

- Edit -
It looks like the Chinese White version is also available with the 0.78 2-pin connector (as shown in the pictures further down this page) but it costs $144 on the eBay site.

Last edited:
May 25, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #365 of 1,778
L3 pricing has been confusing, and has been a moving target. Just saw the L3 offered by Linsoul on Amazon US. The Clockworks design is still listed as $119 there. The Blue-AW11 is listed as $144.

May 26, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #366 of 1,778
I bought some Sedna light eartips based on the recommendation in this thread, they do play pretty nice with the L3 if anyone is thinking of trying it. I also noticed an improvement when I tried Dekoni, it might be due to the larger opening compared to stock tips and the spinfits i tried before. Anyone else have any eartip observations?

May 26, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #367 of 1,778
I bought some Sedna light eartips based on the recommendation in this thread, they do play pretty nice with the L3 if anyone is thinking of trying it. I also noticed an improvement when I tried Dekoni, it might be due to the larger opening compared to stock tips and the spinfits i tried before. Anyone else have any eartip observations?
I too bought the Sedna Light eartips, due to earlier posts. Personally, I prefer JVC Spiral Dots over the Sednas. IMO, the Spiral Dots provide slightly clearer highs with slightly more air. (The bass seemed the same between both the Sednas and the Micro Dots.)

With both eartips, I keep both switches in the down position.

May 26, 2020 at 5:06 PM Post #368 of 1,778
I have tried mandarins, dekoni but the tips that fit best are the vocal spin fits I have from my fh7. Made to smooth out any peaks and balance vocals etc. They work perfectly

May 26, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #370 of 1,778
Vocal SpinFits? Are those unique to the FH7's, or are they available for purchase online? If they are available online, do you happen to know the model number?

They are not Spin Fit. Just “vocal” tips that came with the FH7.

May 26, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #371 of 1,778
I don’t like the sound of the Final E tips or the stock tips. Bass sounds too boosted and muddy to me.

I don’t really like the sound with any of the 4 different pairs of foam tips I tried. None of the Comply tips sound good, with resonant mid bass and lower mids, along with rolled off highs. The 2 decent foam tips are the Dekoni Bulletz and a cheap generic pair of foamies. The Dekonis still had the midbass and treble changes, but only slight. They sound the best of all the foamies, but they don’t Isolate great for me, due to the fact that they are short tips, and even the large tips are a little to small for me. The generic foams don’t sound quite as good as the Dekonis, but decent. They also are longer, so they seal better for me. The fact that the Dekonis are short may be their advantage though (along with the relatively wide bore). I think the overall sound and imaging are better when the sound from the tip of the nozzle is the least obstructed, meaning wide bore tips and shallow tips.

The JVC spiral dots I have (included with the FDX1) maybe sound very slightly clearer, with slightly better imaging vs the Sedna Earfits, but I don‘t like the feel, they don’t attach very securely to the nozzle, and they don’t seat well, due to the core being so mushy, with little structure. They are also very gummy. Other spiral dots are likely much better for this IEM.

Right now, based on fit and sound, the Sedna Earfits are the best for me by far. I probably will buy the Sedna Earfit Short tips to try. Perhaps they will sound a little better, not that there’s anything wrong with how they sound now.

Attachments

• CBDFE640-91A4-417D-8919-42A674C4BAB0.jpeg
    CBDFE640-91A4-417D-8919-42A674C4BAB0.jpeg
    114.5 KB · Views: 0
  • D8E6B2B8-B743-440B-B34A-86521DECC00F.jpeg
    D8E6B2B8-B743-440B-B34A-86521DECC00F.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 0
May 26, 2020 at 10:07 PM Post #374 of 1,778
Torn between getting L3 or Moondrop starfield. Which do you think is worth the money? Thanks
I can’t comment on the Starfield, so take my opinion as obviously biased, but FWIW, I’ve had the L3s for 2 weeks now, and I’m still amazed by how good they sound. They are currently my favorite sounding IEM that I own. Though that doesn’t take anything away from the Starfield.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #375 of 1,778
20200526-114633.jpg

20200526-114605.jpg

20200526-200758.jpg

So far I'm quite impressed with sound quality, more than I expected, I can hear some notes that I never heard in those songs I played for a million times before. I'm a 7 years experienced DJ/Producer so I know what I'm listening to, this IEM gives me more fun than everything I have owned and tried before, include FH5, Massdrop Plus and a bunch of sub 200 IEMs. It's like the bass version of Shozy BG and more fun. Put this on for a few minutes, I totally sink into the music even I'm tried to critical listening to compare with other iems. Lastly, please forgive my broken English as it's not my first language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back