ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #601 of 1,778
Listened to these for about 2 weeks now. One of the switches broke on the first day, so I listened only down up down up configuration. No problems with returning policy, I will get ciem version for some extra money.

Bass is tight, concentrated (not bloated all over your head like in blons for example) and doesn't have much weight to it. Subbass is lacking a bit. Highs are airy indeed. All this makes sound feel quite dreamy and light, like it is floating in front of you.

Mids and highs are energetic (dont know if I use this word right, I mean you can not just listen, but feel or touch them as they have some weight and body and you feel their impact)

Stage is average, Though I don't care for it a lot, because separation and imaging is very good and I like intimate sound of these.

Tuning is excellent and neutral, if there is domination on any frequency, it is because of the song, not headphones. I also can raise volume quite high and there is no sibliance

Sound is both natural and just a little bit cartoony and saturated because of details and separation

Fit is ok, nothing to complain. Switches didn't scratch my ears. I don't like mystic color much and my advice is to buy ciem version with custom shell and faceplate. Cable is nice, quite soft and rubberized. I didn't like glossy metal parts of the cable, but it doesn't matter much

Jun 16, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #602 of 1,778
I just tried the TRN T3 silver cable with the L3. The upper mids and especially the treble became a lot more prominent. Clarity seemed to improve, but ultimately, detail was the same as with stock cable. I didn’t like it b/c it upset the perfect (for me) balance achieved with the stock cable. Bass seemed to decrease quite a bit.

I do really like the T3 silver cable with the BL03 though.

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #604 of 1,778
They're pretty good but I ended up liking my Starfields more in just about every way
I have the Starfields and am listening to them as I type. I like them a lot, but sometimes I want something a little more fun and comfy, so I move over to the BL-03s when I want more fat bottom action. I was hoping to use the L3s as my 'better and more expensive' version of those BLONs. And I was going to go the CIEM route to justify getting something lateral (ear impressions + CIEM with custom faceplate for under $300).

* But they're now SOLD OUT on Linsoul's site.

Jun 16, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #605 of 1,778
I have the Starfields and am listening to them as I type. I like them a lot, but sometimes I want something a little more fun and comfy, so I move over to the BL-03s when I want more fat bottom action. I was hoping to use the L3s as my 'better and more expensive' version of those BLONs. And I was going to go the CIEM route to justify getting something lateral (ear impressions + CIEM with custom faceplate for under $300).

That doesn’t really make sense, since they are custom made. Maybe they don’t want to give the 10% discount on it any more?

Jun 16, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #606 of 1,778
That doesn’t really make sense, since they are custom made. Maybe they don’t want to give the 10% discount on it any more?
I've emailed support to dig into a lit a little bit, but now I'm tempted to buy a universal on Amazon and give up that custom scenario (or justify it).

Jun 16, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #607 of 1,778
I've emailed support to dig into a lit a little bit, but now I'm tempted to buy a universal on Amazon and give up that custom scenario (or justify it).
They’re running short on supply right now too. Only the Mystique is a available any time soon right now.

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #608 of 1,778
I suspect these are becoming fairly popular and that is why they are hard to order at the moment.

Somebody here mentioned that the Sendna run a bit big. Normally I am size L but with Sendna that was not quite right. Just got in to ML sized units. Really cleaned up and improved the bass. I am really happy. I just have it set to 0,0 and all is well. Rocking out to some live King Crimson right now.

Jun 16, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #609 of 1,778
I suspect these are becoming fairly popular and that is why they are hard to order at the moment.

Somebody here mentioned that the Sendna run a bit big. Normally I am size L but with Sendna that was not quite right. Just got in to ML sized units. Really cleaned up and improved the bass. I am really happy. I just have it set to 0,0 and all is well. Rocking out to some live King Crimson right now.

Yeah I have weird ears and one of my ears is MS and my other ear is SS. With the Sendra's it took forever to figure that out.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #610 of 1,778
Hey guys. Just got these in from Amazon. The packaging came without the Thieaudio box or leather pouch. Just came in this plastic box. Does this seem strange to you? Anyone had a similar experience? They sound great. Just wondering if I should try returning for the original packaging. I don't know why the would send new like this.
I had the same experience with Lazada.

Jun 16, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #611 of 1,778

They are no longer listed as “sold out” on Linsoul’s website.

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:24 AM Post #612 of 1,778
They are no longer listed as “sold out” on Linsoul’s website.
Thanks, you’re right. I’d pulled the Amazon trigger thinking these might be difficult to get, so now it looks like I may have two. Still think it would be most interesting to get the CIEM and play that off the Starfield, and return the Mystique universals.

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:02 AM Post #613 of 1,778
Hi guys, I just want to ask if sony nw a35 dap can drive l3 or do I need an amp to juice it.
I also ordered this cable along with my l3 clockwork. I hope it will have a good synergy with my dap because sony a35 has a warm tonality. Thanks
Shopee_7262e8fd674b986827aa888cbc0670b0.jpg

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #614 of 1,778
Hi guys, I just want to ask if sony nw a35 dap can drive l3 or do I need an amp to juice it.
I also ordered this cable along with my l3 clockwork. I hope it will have a good synergy with my dap because sony a35 has a warm tonality. Thanks

New generation of **** cables are really beautiful...

Jun 17, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #615 of 1,778

These are extremely bass heavy on my old Moto X4, but they're detailed sounding on my LG V35. These IEM's can be power with anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back