ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Apr 27, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #31 of 1,778
What is the model of you Xduoo DAC? Please note I haven't received my L3s yet from Linsoul so I can't test their sensitivity for you right now.

I assume by compatible you mean it will pair/match well with the L3s? Any Xduoo dac/amp model with a headphone jack will be able to play the L3s. If you have one of xDuoo's models like the XD-05 or XD10 (says suitable for 8 - 300 ohm impedance in manual) then you will probably be okay with not being able to detect hiss on the lowest gain setting.

If you have one of their tube amp models like the TA-05 then you are going to hear background hiss. Tube amps have a high OTL output impedance and are best for driving higher impedance full size headphones like Sennheiser HD650s (300 Ohms). A lot of the new DAPs like Fiio M11, Hiby R5, iBasso DX160 should all have no issues with the background hiss when set to low gain.

I personally don't own any Xduoo dac/amps so I cannot test this for you. But maybe someone on this thread has an Xduoo amp they can test for you once they get their pair.
I have Xduoo Link:
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xduoo-link/
Do you think its compatibile with the L3 without hissing ? Here is the specs:
https://www.xduoo.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/xduoo-link-dac-11.jpg

Apr 28, 2020 at 11:15 AM Post #32 of 1,778
I have Xduoo Link:
https://www.xduoo.net/product/xduoo-link/
Do you think its compatibile with the L3 without hissing ? Here is the specs:
https://www.xduoo.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/xduoo-link-dac-11.jpg
You may run into hiss issues with this Xduoo Link when paired with the L3's. Here's a reviewer that tested this and he made the comment about sensitive IEMs. He mentions his AudioSense T800 IEMs which are 9 Ohms impedance.

Here's his quote from the article "I feel comfortable recommending the Link for use with most sensitive, low-impedance hybrid IEMs. Use caution with outliers like the 9.2Ω AudioSense T800."

Here's the full review link:
https://medium.com/bedrock-reviews/xduoo-link-review-a16d1ab22efb

It's hard to say without testing this firsthand to see how much hiss you will encounter. Everyone's ears are different. Some listeners aren't bothered by hiss. Just depends on how sensitive your hearing is.

Based on the specs the L3's are going to be even more sensitive than the Audiosense T800's that this reviewer tested.

AudioSense T800: 9 Ohms, Sensitivity: 90dB SPL/mW
ThieAudio Legacy 3: 8.6 - 9.5 Ohms, Sensitivity: 108dB SPL/mW

Higher SPL per milliwatt means the L3's will be more sensitive.

I would say you are going to encounter hiss issues when using the Link with the L3's.

Apr 28, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #34 of 1,778
So after some more listening time, I tend to prefer the down-up setting the most. All in all I'm used to a little bit more treble, L3 is really relaxed. I am gonna try out some other tips to see if treble brightens up. (EDIT: Other tips improved treble response. Crisp enough now) With Electro Music I usually add around 1-2 db to 60 hz and 100 hz to have that nice DD impact.

I don't get any hiss with my L3 on low power devices like ES100 and BTR5, but you have to really lower the volume when you compare it with other IEMs. This is on unbalanced, single voltage and like 50% volume. The Tin P1 needs like max volume on balanced double voltage. I have a Eida PowerDac coming for the P1 and can test out hiss with that.

The nozzle diameter is about 3mm and 4mm, it's not perfectly round. A surprising amount of tips fit well like Tin T2 and Sony N3 tips. Some don't stay on when pulling out because the ring around the nozzle is missing. So a smaller diameter is usually better. P1 tips always fall off

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 3:53 PM Post #35 of 1,778
So after some more listening time, I tend to prefer the down-up setting the most. All in all I'm used to a little bit more treble, L3 is really relaxed. I am gonna try out some other tips to see if treble brightens up. (EDIT: Other tips improved treble response. Crisp enough now) With Electro Music I usually add around 1-2 db to 60 hz and 100 hz to have that nice DD impact.

I don't get any hiss with my L3 on low power devices like ES100 and BTR5, but you have to really lower the volume when you compare it with other IEMs. This is on unbalanced, single voltage and like 50% volume. The Tin P1 needs like max volume on balanced double voltage. I have a Eida PowerDac coming for the P1 and can test out hiss with that.

The nozzle diameter is about 3mm and 4mm, it's not perfectly round. A surprising amount of tips fit well like Tin T2 and Sony N3 tips. Some don't stay on when pulling out because the ring around the nozzle is missing. So a smaller diameter is usually better. P1 tips always fall off

Agree that switching out from the stock tips improved the treble response. Right now using Final Audio Tips with down-up switches. Also no hissing on any devices I've used. Bass is fantastic, definitely benefits from a little sub bass eq.

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #36 of 1,778
And, what tips do you recommend for improved trebble response?

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #37 of 1,778
H06_AW11_1024x1024.jpg

New color option for the Legacy 3 I guess. Just saw it at the Linsoul

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #38 of 1,778
Apr 28, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #40 of 1,778
I’m anxiously awaiting my L3s, but if they’re as good as everyone says they are, I might just have to try them in CIEM form eventually.

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:26 PM Post #42 of 1,778
Is anyone having issues with their L3 order from Linsoul being delayed/held for payment? I just placed an order with them through Amazon US on 4/23 for a pair of L3s and it shows they shipped them. But when I look at the order status it says Delivery on Hold. When I look at the tracking detail it says customer hasn't paid off related fees will follow up. This status has been pending for the last few days. I already paid through Amazon so they have my money. I reached out the Linsoul and they assured me its coming. They sent me to a different tracking website showing the order has arrived in Shenzen and probably waiting to clear Chinese customs. I've order IEMs for Linsoul before and never had any delay issues. The company they are using is SF Express which I've never heard of. In the past they used DHL to ship my orders. They may be using this other courier due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I have replied back to Linsoul asking them to explain why my order shows as being held for payment. Beyond Frustrating!
Screenshot_20200429-120646_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20200429-082200_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #43 of 1,778
I ordered L3 directly from Linsoul 2.5 weeks ago. Still unfulfilled....

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #45 of 1,778
Is anyone having issues with their L3 order from Linsoul being delayed/held for payment? I just placed an order with them through Amazon US on 4/23 for a pair of L3s and it shows they shipped them. But when I look at the order status it says Delivery on Hold. When I look at the tracking detail it says customer hasn't paid off related fees will follow up. This status has been pending for the last few days. I already paid through Amazon so they have my money. I reached out the Linsoul and they assured me its coming. They sent me to a different tracking website showing the order has arrived in Shenzen and probably waiting to clear Chinese customs. I've order IEMs for Linsoul before and never had any delay issues. The company they are using is SF Express which I've never heard of. In the past they used DHL to ship my orders. They may be using this other courier due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I have replied back to Linsoul asking them to explain why my order shows as being held for payment. Beyond Frustrating!
Probably pay your countries customs fees?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back