ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
Apr 29, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #46 of 1,778
Probably pay your countries customs fees?
Never had to pay US customs Fees before when ordering from them. If there are customs fees wouldn't the US Postal Service usually charge you before they release your package once it arrives at your local post office? Not sure why there is a fee issue in China. It seems like a delay tactic to me. Maybe they don't have them in stock and are trying to get them made.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #47 of 1,778
Arrived today with dhl in italy. 129 plus 12 dhl plus custom fees. The original cable smell like hell. With the satin Hyperion in photo sounds better. Dip switch off/on seems the best combo. Sheer clear sound, very transparent. More later... listened 30 min till now.
IMG_20200429_195320_926.jpg
IMG_20200429_195309_511.jpg
IMG_20200429_195340_092.jpgIMG_20200429_195336_057.jpgIMG_20200429_195331_482.jpgIMG_20200429_195327_461.jpgIMG_20200429_195324_647.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #48 of 1,778
I should have chosen DHL... When it arrives to Spain, I will be old :sweat:

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #53 of 1,778
Has anyone that recieved their L3's used DHL Express shipping? How long did it take? I'm starting to thing the issue is both Covid-19 and shortage.
Monday at 10pm it was in china, wednesday at 4pm it was in my hands in italy

Apr 30, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #54 of 1,778
I am about to pull the trigger on Aliexpress but the shipping problems worries me. With some select coupons and coins i can get the price off to about 90 euro on the clockworks version.

Labour day starts tomorrow in China which means people are a week off and more delay for the orders.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #55 of 1,778
I am about to pull the trigger on Aliexpress but the shipping problems worries me. With some select coupons and coins i can get the price off to about 90 euro on the clockworks version.

Labour day starts tomorrow in China which means people are a week off and more delay for the orders.
Same here, I was able to get it for $94 on April 14. Still waiting, I know that it supposedly left China. Anyway, you would need a bit of patience even without the holiday coming. We all hope it's worth it, don't we. 😊

Apr 30, 2020 at 5:42 AM Post #56 of 1,778
You may run into hiss issues with this Xduoo Link when paired with the L3's. Here's a reviewer that tested this and he made the comment about sensitive IEMs. He mentions his AudioSense T800 IEMs which are 9 Ohms impedance.

Here's his quote from the article "I feel comfortable recommending the Link for use with most sensitive, low-impedance hybrid IEMs. Use caution with outliers like the 9.2Ω AudioSense T800."

Here's the full review link:
https://medium.com/bedrock-reviews/xduoo-link-review-a16d1ab22efb

It's hard to say without testing this firsthand to see how much hiss you will encounter. Everyone's ears are different. Some listeners aren't bothered by hiss. Just depends on how sensitive your hearing is.

Based on the specs the L3's are going to be even more sensitive than the Audiosense T800's that this reviewer tested.

AudioSense T800: 9 Ohms, Sensitivity: 90dB SPL/mW
ThieAudio Legacy 3: 8.6 - 9.5 Ohms, Sensitivity: 108dB SPL/mW

Higher SPL per milliwatt means the L3's will be more sensitive.

I would say you are going to encounter hiss issues when using the Link with the L3's.

Apr 30, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #57 of 1,778
You may run into hiss issues with this Xduoo Link when paired with the L3's. Here's a reviewer that tested this and he made the comment about sensitive IEMs. He mentions his AudioSense T800 IEMs which are 9 Ohms impedance.

Here's his quote from the article "I feel comfortable recommending the Link for use with most sensitive, low-impedance hybrid IEMs. Use caution with outliers like the 9.2Ω AudioSense T800."

Here's the full review link:
https://medium.com/bedrock-reviews/xduoo-link-review-a16d1ab22efb

It's hard to say without testing this firsthand to see how much hiss you will encounter. Everyone's ears are different. Some listeners aren't bothered by hiss. Just depends on how sensitive your hearing is.

Based on the specs the L3's are going to be even more sensitive than the Audiosense T800's that this reviewer tested.

AudioSense T800: 9 Ohms, Sensitivity: 90dB SPL/mW
ThieAudio Legacy 3: 8.6 - 9.5 Ohms, Sensitivity: 108dB SPL/mW

Higher SPL per milliwatt means the L3's will be more sensitive.

I would say you are going to encounter hiss issues when using the Link with the L3's.
:frowning2: which mobile dac you recommend for the L3 ?

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #60 of 1,778
I dont want to buy a new cellphone . You dont understand the question.
For portable music I would recommend you just get a dedicated DAP. I have the Hiby R5 as my main DAP and really enjoy it. It has a black background and has a very low floor noise according to a number of HeadFi reviewers.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hiby-r5.23884/reviews

You can order it direct from the Hiby store for $299 US. https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r5

I use the BGVP DM6 both single ended and balanced with the R5 and have no audible hiss. These are a pretty sensitive IEMs at 20 Ohms and 122dB SPL/mW sensitivity.

Other DAPs in this $300 - $400 price range that are very popular right now are the iBasso DX160 - $399 US and Fiio M11 - $399 US.

Not sure how they perform with very sensitive IEMs. Other members may be able to comment on these 2 DAPs and their floor noise. All of these DAPs run the full Android OS which gives you flexibility to install your music player/service of choice. If you just plan to have local FLAC files then all of them can playback those without a hitch. The Hiby R5 has the native Google Play Store installed so its super easy to install Apps. The IBasso I think has a way to install Google Play as an add on. Otherwise you have to side load apps for both iBasso and Fiio players.

If you are looking just for a small dongle DAC to play sensitive IEMs off your phone I'm not sure what to recommend as most don't have the ability to eliminate hiss. AudioQuest has the DragonFly series, but people have reported hiss on some of those units with sensitive IEMs. If you plan to use the built-in DAC in your current mobile phone then you could just get an iFi ieMatch. These are very inexpensive, but do not have a built in DAC chip. It will however lower the floor noise for sensitive IEMs.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/iematch/

If you need a portable dac/amp with very low floor noise I would recommend the iFi iDSD Nano BL. This is a bit bulkier solution but has a very low floor noise with built in ieMatch port + DAC/AMP.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/nano-idsd-bl/

Others may have good recommendations.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back