ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
May 22, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #319 of 1,778
After listening to my L3's last night, the only thing I wish is that it had the bass my Blon 03's have. I'm using Sedna Earfit tips for both. Changing the dip switches outside of 0,0 messes with the overall tonality in a bad way and doesn't help IMO. On the other hand, I'm hearing a lot more details with the L3's that I didn't hear with my 03's or my V3's. Yes, I could EQ for more bass but I'd rather not. It's not a deal breaker for me, just a minor quibble to me. The L3's are still spectacular.

Quick edit:
Put the stock medium tips on and bass improved slightly. Put the small tips on and bass improved even more. Weird, but I'll take it. Out of all the tips I have (Spinfit 100's and 145's, Final E's, Tripowin foams, and blue Tin foams) the stock tips sound the best to me.

Last edited:
May 22, 2020 at 2:02 PM Post #320 of 1,778
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a bit and have a question. I have the L3 or order and I was wondering how they compare to the dunu dk-2001. Is it worth spending money on the dk 2001 if I have the L3, as they are both hybrids? Also does anyone have experience with the Audiosense t800?

May 22, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #321 of 1,778
Hey guys, I've been lurking for a bit and have a question. I have the L3 or order and I was wondering how they compare to the dunu dk-2001. Is it worth spending money on the dk 2001 if I have the L3, as they are both hybrids? Also does anyone have experience with the Audiosense t800?
I have both and I think they are better than the dk2001. Here's the thing. It depends on what you listen to and what signature you like. L3 are very mellow. Very natural and organic. The 2001 are quite bright. A bit to bright for me. Also I think the imaging and soundstage sounds wider and deeper on the L3. The one thing I would say is better is the treble extension is much better on the DK. It has very good airy treble where in the L3 is more linear and closer to harman style tuning. I like the Dks at the same time as a dunu fan I was a bit disappointed. If you like a natural sounding, very linear and analogue sounding set L3 are great. If you want something a bit more of a huped up v shaped sound with a massive soundstage in depth and width try the ikko oh10

May 22, 2020 at 2:23 PM Post #322 of 1,778
I have both and I think they are better than the dk2001. Here's the thing. It depends on what you listen to and what signature you like. L3 are very mellow. Very natural and organic. The 2001 are quite bright. A bit to bright for me. Also I think the imaging and soundstage sounds wider and deeper on the L3. The one thing I would say is better is the treble extension is much better on the DK. It has very good airy treble where in the L3 is more linear and closer to harman style tuning. I like the Dks at the same time as a dunu fan I was a bit disappointed. If you like a natural sounding, very linear and analogue sounding set L3 are great. If you want something a bit more of a huped up v shaped sound with a massive soundstage in depth and width try the ikko oh10

Wow, what a speedy AND ,insightful response! Thank you, I can't wait to receive my L3

May 22, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #325 of 1,778
I’m interested in these IEMs as well. It’s nice to hear all the positive reviews from people. But I was wondering...
with actual metal inside the IEMs shell (the gears) Would that metal mixed with the plastic / resin make a difference
in the sound? Also I see there is a shell with lots of little flakes in it. Would that also make a difference in the sound?
thanks.
PS : would these be a good choice for someone that listens to EDM and Jazz a lot?
thanks again. 😊

May 22, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #326 of 1,778
I’m interested in these IEMs as well. It’s nice to hear all the positive reviews from people. But I was wondering...
with actual metal inside the IEMs shell (the gears) Would that metal mixed with the plastic / resin make a difference
in the sound? Also I see there is a shell with lots of little flakes in it. Would that also make a difference in the sound?
thanks.
PS : would these be a good choice for someone that listens to EDM and Jazz a lot?
thanks again. 😊
All the drivers are connected to the nozzle of the iem with tubes so there shouldn't be any issue.

May 22, 2020 at 6:22 PM Post #327 of 1,778
Thanks Reap.
I didn’t realize they used little tubes. That’s cool, so the shell doesn’t really impact the sound too much or at all.
good to know.
thanks again.

May 22, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #328 of 1,778
thanks again. 😊

Great for both! I honestly cant think of any genre of music that they wouldn't sound good with.

May 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #330 of 1,778
thanks.
thanks again. 😊

-In my opinion it shines for live rock music, rock music in general. Since the mids aren't really punchy it might not be best out there for old school rap/hip hop; buuuuut there are old school rap/hip hop songs that will catch you by surprise.- Music from the rapper Future, Migos can have overwhelming bass.

That being said I find myself listening to rock more than ever with these. I usually listen to hip hop/rap. Love live music on these bad boys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back