ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
May 20, 2020 at 9:50 PM Post #271 of 1,778
Now approaching 30 hours of use.

I am really starting to appreciate these. They are not so analytical that listening to older raunchier rock is annoying. Instead old Zeppelin sounds just right.

At first I thought the bass was overdone. But now I realize that these can simply deliver the bass that is there when its needed. And it goes plenty deep.

I really don’t know what rumble is that people talk about but the low end sounds just great.

With regard to treble, keep in mind I use down and up as my switch positions. Treble is just great; not too overbearing.

I had thought the BLON-03 was the budget purchase of the year. I think it is actually these. They have nothing to apologize for at this price.

They pair up super well with the HiBy R3 by the way.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 9:59 PM Post #272 of 1,778
May 20, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #273 of 1,778
Now approaching 30 hours of use.

I am really starting to appreciate these. They are not so analytical that listening to older raunchier rock is annoying. Instead old Zeppelin sounds just right.

At first I thought the bass was overdone. But now I realize that these can simply deliver the bass that is there when its needed. And it goes plenty deep.

I really don’t know what rumble is that people talk about but the low end sounds just great.

With regard to treble, keep in mind I use down and up as my switch positions. Treble is just great; not too overbearing.

I had thought the BLON-03 was the budget purchase of the year. I think it is actually these. They have nothing to apologize for at this price.

They pair up super well with the HiBy R3 by the way.

So you rank the L3 above the Blon 03? Between my V3, BGVP DM7, and Blon 03 I like the Blon the best in overall tonality.

May 20, 2020 at 10:19 PM Post #274 of 1,778
I like the L3 a lot more than the BL03. Now that isn‘t an insult to the BLON at all. The BL03 has an amazing and intoxicating tonality, with quite good technicalities IMHO. The L3 have a similarly seductive tonality, but with more precise, accurate, and tempered bass. If a song calls for a huge bass drop it’s there. If there is only a subtle bass line, it‘s not accentuated. The overall bass quantity is maybe 70% of the BL03 IMO. The mids sound less recessed to me on the L3, yet still have a wonderful timbre, despite having BAs. The transients are better, and the detail and resolution is overtly better than the BL03, though at the cost of sounding a little less natural due to being so detailed. Treble is quite a bit more extended, with a lot of air. I would only choose the BL03 over the L3 if I really wanted just a relaxing sound, though the L3s are not bright or fatiguing at all. These are my impressions FWIW.

I leave the switches in the default setting (0,0), and use Sedna Earfit tips. I‘m using Sedna Earfit Lights on the BL03.

May 21, 2020 at 12:01 AM Post #275 of 1,778
I have a custom L3 and am currently working on my review. What I'm hearing is fairly close to the impressions I've seen in this thread with the exception of the bass: mine sound closer to neutral with very light and tight bass response. Even with switch 1 in the up position, these have a pretty light bass. Quite impressive IEM considering the cost.

DSC_5953_result.jpg

May 21, 2020 at 12:07 AM Post #276 of 1,778
How do you like the L3 compared to FH7?
The fh7 has a bigger soundstage and much better treble extension. Both have great bass. Where the L3 beats the fiios are in tonality and timbre. Fh7 has a strange off sounding tone that stops it from being world class. The L3 timbre tonality and cohesive qualities are far better... Which is amazing considering the cost. The L3 are similar to my Blon in many ways but sounds tighter, faster and cleaner. Don't get me wrong for the price the BLONs deserve their legendary status. But I do prefer the overall qualities of the L3 better

May 21, 2020 at 12:26 AM Post #277 of 1,778
So you rank the L3 above the Blon 03? Between my V3, BGVP DM7, and Blon 03 I like the Blon the best in overall tonality.
I think the last few posts addressed your question. I only have one other pair with a similar design, in terms of dd and 2 ba; the FLC8D. And the overall frequency balance has some resonances with that unit and I bet the overall driver configuration probably has much to do with that.

The BLON-03 is a very well tuned DD. The Legacy 3 is a very well tuned dd plus 2 BA design. If you can accept that both designs have their place, then the L3 is an upgrade. With a similar approach. If you are a diehard DD fan; then this unit may not be for you. Personally I love the way the bass just kinds of creeps up and lets you have it when it needs to; but not before. That was noted a few posts ago also. Stated differently but we are agreeing.

May 21, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #278 of 1,778
Should've ordered through their own site and paid for DHL.
I ordered April 9 through Aliexpress and still stuck in 'hand over to airline' delivery status.

Same here. ‘Hand over to airline’ since May 6... I think it’s lost, but I have to wait another month to make a dispute in Aliexpress.

May 21, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #279 of 1,778
The fh7 has a bigger soundstage and much better treble extension. Both have great bass. Where the L3 beats the fiios are in tonality and timbre. Fh7 has a strange off sounding tone that stops it from being world class. The L3 timbre tonality and cohesive qualities are far better... Which is amazing considering the cost. The L3 are similar to my Blon in many ways but sounds tighter, faster and cleaner. Don't get me wrong for the price the BLONs deserve their legendary status. But I do prefer the overall qualities of the L3 better
After extensive listening they are very similar to the Blons. They are very laidback. Maybe too laidback at times. Definitely not suited to faster music with lots going on. The timbre and tone are very good but the highs are very rolled off giving them a very analogue feel. The pricing is just about right. Saying that I have to say I prefer the urban funs attack, soundstage and imaging a little better..

May 21, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #280 of 1,778
listening to daft punk random access memories on the fiio m11 with the dip switches in the down and up position,,,,,L3s are very thick and rich in the middle with just enough up top to not make them dull...they have bottom when the music calls for it and also top......thats the funny thing about these iems.....just when i think they are dull up top they surprise me with some amazing crispy sound but the rest of the time they sound a bit veiled,,,,,,same thing happens with the bass,,,,im like wheres it at and then boooom there it is.......ill keep listening and write back.....been using them for about 5 days....listen to the song "doing it right" on the daft punk album that i mentioned and you can see what im saying. the sub bass lows are felt and the highs are also there at the same time.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020 at 3:38 AM Post #281 of 1,778
Same here. ‘Hand over to airline’ since May 6... I think it’s lost, but I have to wait another month to make a dispute in Aliexpress.

Mine is ‘Order information received by carrier’ since the 12th of May. That is one or two steps before ‘hand over to airline’. I have contacted DD-Audio and they say, after an enquiry at the carrier, that the parcel is still in transit and not lost.

Not much i can do besides waiting but somehow i am not totally convinced by their information. All my other Aliexpress packages are moving just fine and lately i have read about shipping problems at Linsoul/DD-Audio on Head-Fi and Facebook.

May 21, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #283 of 1,778
Mine is ‘Order information received by carrier’ since the 12th of May. That is one or two steps before ‘hand over to airline’. I have contacted DD-Audio and they say, after an enquiry at the carrier, that the parcel is still in transit and not lost.

Not much i can do besides waiting but somehow i am not totally convinced by their information. All my other Aliexpress packages are moving just fine and lately i have read about shipping problems at Linsoul/DD-Audio on Head-Fi and Facebook.

The shipping seems so messy in the last few weeks. I have 7 orders and few even were ordered during the March anniversary sales and I have not received any of them.

May 21, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #284 of 1,778
The shipping seems so messy in the last few weeks. I have 7 orders and few even were ordered during the March anniversary sales and I have not received any of them.

All of my Aliexpress orders recently have arrived within 4 weeks except the L3. It is kind of messy and i understand this is a first world problem instead of a real problem but there are too many reports about shipping problems with Linsoul/DD-Audio orders lately which makes the shipping proces of Linsoul/DD-Audio quite questionable.

If it is really lost i probably won’t reorder the Legacy 3.

May 21, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #285 of 1,778
All of my Aliexpress orders recently have arrived within 4 weeks except the L3. It is kind of messy and i understand this is a first world problem instead of a real problem but there are too many reports about shipping problems with Linsoul/DD-Audio orders lately which makes the shipping proces of Linsoul/DD-Audio quite questionable.

If it is really lost i probably won’t reorder the Legacy 3.

Ordered L3 on AliExpress (DD Audio), arrived in 4 weeks. They were trackable the whole time though. I hope you'll get them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back