ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
May 20, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #256 of 1,778
Mine shipped on Monday and by Wednesday morning they arrived in London. I have many iems Blon 03, Fiio fh7, Campfire Polaris, Dunu dk 2001, Urbanfun, Ikko oh1 and 10, I basso it01s, Shuoer Tape plus many more I have to say from early impressions they sound amazing. For the music I listen to it has perfect timbre. Which is very important to me. The detail and stage is well above average. The bass is perfect and the highs are nice and airy. I have the mystique which look great. Kinda wish I had the clockwork. But sound is the most important thing. The fit is fine. My spinfits are too big for a relatively small nozzle. I'm going to burn them in for a while to loosen up the driver. First impressions. I'm very impressed

And what tips are you using then?

May 20, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #257 of 1,778
“...I have many iems Blon 03, Fiio fh7, Campfire Polaris, Dunu dk 2001, Urbanfun, Ikko oh1 and 10, I basso it01s, Shuoer Tape plus many more I have to say from early impressions they sound amazing.....First impressions. I'm very impressed“

I definitely concur! I have been using them with Sedna Earfits, and they attach to the nozzle really well and securely, and sound great. I haven’t tried any of my SpinFits yet. I didn’t like the sound of the stock tips orThe Final E tips that much. The bass seemed more muddy.

May 20, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #258 of 1,778
I did. My first impression on the V3 is sibilant and shouty. It's because the default dip switch setting of it was both emphasizing the bass and treble. The 5k pike would bring sibilance pretty bad to my ears.

Yes, my V3's came with both DIP switches in the up position, and while this sounded rather exciting for certain tunes (90s female singer acoustic, say; think Natalie Imbruglia's cover of "Torn"; or even late 60s live Grateful Dead), it was rather atrocious for late-80s post-hardcore and -punk (Laughing Hyenas, Bitch Magnet, or anything mastered by Steve Albini: think Big Black's "Kerosene"), or more recently, a dense guitar track like those by the band Cloakroom.

Turning both DIP switches down relaxed the sound considerably, though in that position, vocals seemed a bit harsh to me, as if boosted too much. Mark Kozelek's deep voice in Sun Kil Moon's "Carissa" grated, rather than soothed.

For me, the only tolerable position was first switch down, second switch up, which preference folks with the V14 also confirm.

I've heard, in this forum, positive responses in the L3 to a wider range of switch positions.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #260 of 1,778
I definitely concur! I have been using them with Sedna Earfits, and they attach to the nozzle really well and securely, and sound great. I haven’t tried any of my SpinFits yet. I didn’t like the sound of the stock tips orThe Final E tips that much. The bass seemed more muddy.
The stock tips are not good. They seal well but sound thin and lack resolution

May 20, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #262 of 1,778
I found some spinfits that came with my fh7. Fit and sound perfect.I tried symbols, didn't sound great. I'm surprised how good the layering, imaging and timbre are. The switches make a lot difference. In my opinion anyway! The stock tips are poor.

I had understood that the spinfit was too big for the tube of the L3. Spinfit's are my favorites in various IEMs, so great. I only need them to arrive at once, more than 1 month waiting...

May 20, 2020 at 6:02 PM Post #264 of 1,778
It took just over a month for me to get them, so that seems like the average wait time currently.

May 20, 2020 at 8:22 PM Post #266 of 1,778
When I use spiral dots I use 0,1 (softest tip), When I use AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short I use 0,0 larger bore and firm. With Sony triple comforts I use 1,0 smaller bore foam. Sound signature does not change much but the tips help dial it back to a comfortable sometimes. Very nice having the option to change the treble as much as these do.

I would pick up a non qdc version, The comfort has a lot to be desired with qdc cables.It appears that linsoul is now offering a 2 pin configuration.
1590018081934.png
1590018287144.png

May 20, 2020 at 8:38 PM Post #267 of 1,778
When I use spiral dots I use 0,1 (softest tip), When I use AZLA SednaEarfitLight Short I use 0,0 larger bore and firm. With Sony triple comforts I use 1,0 smaller bore foam. Sound signature does not change much but the tips help dial it back to a comfortable sometimes. Very nice having the option to change the treble as much as these do.

I would pick up a non qdc version, The comfort has a lot to be desired with qdc cables.It appears that linsoul is now offering a 2 pin configuration.

I think I’m gonna get a CIEM version of the L3, with custom faceplates, and a 2 pin connection eventually. First I need to find a good audiologist. I wonder if ThieAudio takes digital impressions? Reportedly Fearless needs physical impressions.

I’m at the one week mark, and still can’t stop grinning when I listen to the L3s.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 8:41 PM Post #268 of 1,778
I think I’m gonna get a CIEM version of the L3, with custom faceplates, and a 2 pin connection eventually. First I need to find a good audiologist. I wonder if ThieAudio takes digital impressions? Reportedly Fearless needs physical impressions.
They do, I just emailed them and here is their response.

Jessie Li
(Linsoul Audio)
May 20, 2020, 3:14:51 PM GMT+8
Hello,

Thank you for your inquire,

please find this instruction:
Customized IEM Process

Get your customized IEM easily with Linsoul to follow the instructions. Make your IEM fit your ear perfectly!

1️⃣️ Research for your preference and order your ideal customized IEM

Before you order the IEM, you can search online for more reviews. Once you have decided, you need to go to our customized IEM product page to choose your best preference IEM. https://www.linsoul.com/pages/ciems

2️⃣️ Follow our ear impressions instructions

To make everything process well during the production stage, we need your help to ensure your impressions meet with our needs. Please kindly download here to get the impression instructions.

(Audiologist Impression Guide

Please note that we also accept the digital data for ear impression. The file should be stl or obj.

✅We require a full impression of each ear that must include the full helix, crus of the helix, tragus and antitragus. It must be taken completely beyond the second bend of the ear cannal.

✅Use only high viscosity silicone impression material when making the impression. For best results please use ‘Westone Pink’ Silicast.

✅Open mouth type impressions are not required, however a 1-2 inch bite block is recommended to reduce jaw movement. It is important that the patient’s jaw remain still in order to yield a t with an optimal seal. To summarize: your mouth should be wide open when the impression material is injected into the ear and your mouth must remain open until the impression material has completely cured.

✅The following images are meant for reference purposes only. We will not accept impressions that are already pre-trimmed. Impressions must include all listed areas to be usable for custom in-ear monitors.

✅Please remember to get your ear impression faster and normally no later than 30 days after having them made as impression material changes over time and can impact the fit of your in-ear monitors.

✅After you receive your impressions from the audiologist, please take a few photos of them in right positions and send to us for confirmation. Please help to send them in all direction.

✅Once we confirmed your ear impression, please kindly package it well and ship it to us. Please also include your order number into the box. After you ship it out, please kindly update us your tracking number as we need custom clearance for it.

May 20, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #269 of 1,778

I’m at the one week mark, and still can’t stop grinning when I listen to the L3s.

I may do CIEM's as well if I like the L3's enough when I get them Friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back