ThieAudio Legacy Series IEMs
May 22, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #1,742 of 1,778
After 5 hour afternoon listening with monarch, now I think the undisclosed config of Monarch would be
-1DD (bass)
-2BA (Mid)
-4BA (treble)
-2EST (super tweeter)
Which explains why monarch could handle so much of resolving capability for string and micro details
Oops, legacy thread it was😂

May 24, 2021 at 6:26 PM Post #1,746 of 1,778
May 30, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #1,747 of 1,778
For everyone owning Legacy 4: Try it with foam tips. I switched to foam only a few months ago mainly because of comfort. I tried XELASTIC, but I realized for me they sound way worse this way. SpinFits sound much better, but with foam it is the best and the most comfortable. Usually I do not have much difference with different tips. Just for reference I do not believe and cables and I usually do not hear much difference with many things suggested on HeadFi, but the tips make a real difference with Legacy 4s for me!

Last edited:
May 30, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #1,748 of 1,778
For everyone owning Legacy 4: Try it with foam tips. I switched to foam only a few months ago mainly because of comfort. I tried XELASTIC, but I realized for me they sound way worse this way. SpinFits sound much better, but with foam it is the best and the most comfortable. Usually I do not have much difference with different tips. Just for reference I do not believe and cables and I usually do not here much difference with many things suggested on HeadFi, but the tips make a real difference with Legacy 4s for me!
I will have to try! The L4 are a touch bright for me, so maybe foam tips will hel to dampen that just a bit. Thank you!

May 30, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #1,749 of 1,778
Actually, for my taste the biggest difference with foams may be that some of the bass is missing, but the low subbass stays the same? Makes everything more clear. For example drums sound way better this way, since the "rumble" stays but it does not mix with the mids anymore. Probably just better fits my taste that way.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,750 of 1,778
Did they managed to fix the ergonomics and fit problems on the Clairvoyance with the Excalibur/Oracle?

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #1,755 of 1,778
Anyone have the Legacy 2 yet, or at least have one order? Looking forward to reading impressions, particularly regarding the beryllium coated DD implementation.

Also, for anyone interested, it is currently on Drop. The price is $99, but “Members who purchase earn 2178 Drop Rewards Points”.
https://drop.com/buy/thieaudio-legacy-2-iem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back