ThieAudio Legacy 9
May 10, 2020 at 7:16 AM Post #392 of 689
quite different i would say for anything above 1k..

Of course not the same, but I think the direction of sound seems similar. Just NCM seems to have a bit more treble energy and more pronounced mids....
Actually they also share the amount and type of drivers!

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #394 of 689
The ideal IEM I’m looking for is one with DD bass, probably similar in level to L3, but with mids and highs similar to U12t. It can hit hard when needed to, but has great vocals, details, and has a good overall balance. Blessing 2 seems to have too little bass for my tastes. Maybe the JQ HJ will be this?

May 10, 2020 at 9:00 AM Post #395 of 689
The ideal IEM I’m looking for is one with DD bass, probably similar in level to L3, but with mids and highs similar to U12t. It can hit hard when needed to, but has great vocals, details, and has a good overall balance. Blessing 2 seems to have too little bass for my tastes. Maybe the JQ HJ will be this?
Maybe... Thats the hope. I feel that Thie gets always so close but not quite there, for me.

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #396 of 689
Other than the V3, they seem a little too V-shaped.

Another awesome combo would be the bass of the IER Z1R, but the mids and treble of the M9.

May 10, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #397 of 689
First of all i hope you are doing ok. IEM wise i've had the t2, t4 and guideray. So it really isn't a fair comparison. The L9 beats them in all categories. Perhaps the soundstage is more or less the same (more of a headphone/speaker fan). Gonna skip the bass, everyone knows it has a strong bass which i like. Mids are enough for me (i'm not much into vocals) treble is spot on has enough sparkle and good resolution (kinda of treble sensitive here), plus air, which allows music to breath and have clarity. I cant speak about higher tier iem's since i dont own anything or even tried. I could perfectly stop my search of iems with these bad boys. It plays most of my music with great satisfaction.

I cant go into all the concepts (resolution, micro details etc, etc, etc) to my ears i love them, i get everything i need,sub bass, bass, good definition of treble, imaging and the replay is awesome. Hope this helps something.

Thanks! It helps. Legacy 9 continues in my wishlist :)

May 10, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #398 of 689

Another awesome combo would be the bass of the IER Z1R, but the mids and treble of the M9.

If you find this for 500 $, let me know :ksc75smile:

May 10, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #400 of 689

yeah that's the problem. A little less pinna gain (-2db) at 1-2k and a little less mid bass and bass overall by 2 or 3db. Would still have that power but a bit more balanced overall I think.

May 11, 2020 at 1:47 AM Post #401 of 689

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    110 KB · Views: 0
May 11, 2020 at 5:08 AM Post #404 of 689
I also think the person who has made the video is referring to the driver set up and has come to the conclusion on the wrong version of the jq, I personally think it might be a tweaked clone of the jq 8+1 v2 elk rather then the one you just posted a graph off. the l9 and the 8+1 v2 graph much more similar but even then the treble differenciates.

May 11, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #405 of 689
I don't like the fact that he talks about "unproven claims" as if they're facts in that video. And also, he didn't do his research clear, as I said million times before: If it's a rebrand, it's more likely to be the newer, available Elk version because of the switches & housing. Claiming L9 is based on the older, discontinued one is even far more unfair even if it's unproven yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back