May 9, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #376 of 689
IMG_20200509_122434.jpg

IMG_20200509_122418.jpg
IMG_20200509_123851.jpg

Some more pics as promised!

May 9, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #377 of 689
May 9, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #378 of 689
May 9, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #379 of 689
I asked for the black&yellow. This is what I got.

Hi. Greetings from a neighbor from Spain. How about those Legacy 9?

Do you have another IEMs to compare?

I’m thinking in buying the L9, but I am not sure yet, having what I already have.

May 9, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #380 of 689
There have been a lot of comments about the L9s bass, but I’m really interested in the rest of the sound. How clean are the mids, are they forward, male vs female vocals? How is the treble sparkle and air? How is the resolution and microdetails? How about the soundstage and imaging? Thanks for any thoughts and opinions.

May 9, 2020 at 7:32 PM Post #381 of 689
I'm also waiting to hear more about these before I decide between them and probably the Fearless s8f. I've been using the FLC8s for a couple of years and I'm sure that either would be an upgrade, but wonder if I'd miss the DD bass if I go with the Fearless rather than the L9. Just gonna have to sit tight until more people review them. And, just a thought. Is anyone else worried about the wooden casing being less durable than other materials? Warping with temperature/humidity changes, etc.?

May 9, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #382 of 689
I'm also waiting to hear more about these before I decide between them and probably the Fearless s8f. I've been using the FLC8s for a couple of years and I'm sure that either would be an upgrade, but wonder if I'd miss the DD bass if I go with the Fearless rather than the L9. Just gonna have to sit tight until more people review them. And, just a thought. Is anyone else worried about the wooden casing being less durable than other materials? Warping with temperature/humidity changes, etc.?
Although they are made of wood I think they are covered with some shiny resin, just like they do on some eletric guitars.

May 9, 2020 at 9:39 PM Post #383 of 689
Although they are made of wood I think they are covered with some shiny resin, just like they do on some eletric guitars.
It should be medical uv laquer. The stuff on guitars is not good for (internal use)

May 9, 2020 at 11:54 PM Post #385 of 689
There have been a lot of comments about the L9s bass, but I’m really interested in the rest of the sound. How clean are the mids, are they forward, male vs female vocals? How is the treble sparkle and air? How is the resolution and microdetails? How about the soundstage and imaging? Thanks for any thoughts and opinions.

Dito. This is the kind of description I need, too. Best would be in relation to other earphones. Anybody? Would be greatly appreciated! :)

I never understood these kind of reviews where reviewers go through dozents of songs and describe how particular parts of a song sound with an earphone. Who is going to search for all these parts of a song after reading/watching a review? Also, those impressions are so relative if there is nothing to compare to/no reference....

May 10, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #386 of 689
May 10, 2020 at 4:11 AM Post #387 of 689
I got Dawn and L9 side by side but in terms of price range, its not really same.

There are time when i feels male vocals feels recessed compared to Dawn, but overall presentation of vocal is pretty solid.

Because of the stronger mid bass compared to dawn, there are time when i feel that drum cymbals and electric guitar get clouded by the warmth “compared” to Dawn but Dawn itself has more bright and very clear bass tuning. You can still hear the micro details but not as focused as Dawn.

Dawn shines with very clear timbre of the music while L9 shines with warmth of the music. Would some say this is bloated mid bass? Maybe but thats very subjective to each person as for me, I enjoy it. I wouldnt call L9 muddy bass either, I can still hear the bass slaps as well as drum kicks.

Separation is actually decent with L9, and when comparing it to Dawn its quite similar as I find Dawn doesnt do that well in separation compared to what U12T could do. But this experience itself varies as everyone perceive sound differently and we are really talking micro level here.

Those are my 2cents~

Last edited:
May 10, 2020 at 5:05 AM Post #388 of 689
I got Dawn and L9 side by side but in terms of price range, its not really same.

There are time when i feels male vocals feels recessed compared to Dawn, but overall presentation of vocal is pretty solid.

Because of the stronger mid bass compared to dawn, there are time when i feel that drum cymbals and electric guitar get clouded by the warmth “compared” to Dawn but Dawn itself has more bright and very clear bass tuning. You can still hear the micro details but not as focused as Dawn.

Dawn shines with very clear timbre of the music while L9 shines with warmth of the music. Would some say this is bloated mid bass? Maybe but thats very subjective to each person as for me, I enjoy it. I wouldnt call L9 muddy bass either, I can still hear the bass slaps as well as drum kicks.

Separation is actually decent with L9, and when comparing it to Dawn its quite similar as I find Dawn doesnt do that well in separation compared to what U12T could do. But this experience itself varies as everyone perceive sound differently and we are really talking micro level here.

Those are my 2cents~

Thanks for your impressions! By Dawn you refer to the Crinnacle Fearless earphone?

May 10, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #389 of 689
Btw., I realized another interesting similarity: L9 and NCM "Bella"!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-10 um 15.33.12.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-05-10 um 15.33.12.png
    328.1 KB · Views: 0
May 10, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #390 of 689
Hi. Greetings from a neighbor from Spain. How about those Legacy 9?

Do you have another IEMs to compare?

I’m thinking in buying the L9, but I am not sure yet, having what I already have.
First of all i hope you are doing ok. IEM wise i've had the t2, t4 and guideray. So it really isn't a fair comparison. The L9 beats them in all categories. Perhaps the soundstage is more or less the same (more of a headphone/speaker fan). Gonna skip the bass, everyone knows it has a strong bass which i like. Mids are enough for me (i'm not much into vocals) treble is spot on has enough sparkle and good resolution (kinda of treble sensitive here), plus air, which allows music to breath and have clarity. I cant speak about higher tier iem's since i dont own anything or even tried. I could perfectly stop my search of iems with these bad boys. It plays most of my music with great satisfaction.

I cant go into all the concepts (resolution, micro details etc, etc, etc) to my ears i love them, i get everything i need,sub bass, bass, good definition of treble, imaging and the replay is awesome. Hope this helps something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back