THIEAUDIO GHOST (Defective upon receipt from Linsoul)
Apr 5, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #16 of 29
Not that long ago I purchased a set of ThieAudio Monarch MKII earphones, from Linsoul. The left unit had an issue. I e-mailed Linsoul about it, they got back to me in a day and one more e-mail later they sent my all the info needed to RMA the unit back to them. It took three months but I got a brand new set back, which were fine. I think I may have payed the $20 to send my faulty pair back (I don't actually remember) but the return shipping was free. At no point did Linsoul make me do anything beyond describing the issue before they issued the RMA. Basically, it may just be coincidence that you're getting the run-around. Paying the shipping fee back and crossing your fingers may be your only choice at this point.

On that note, I have a set of Ghosts and they are fantastic.

Apr 5, 2023 at 11:29 PM Post #17 of 29
Linsoul can still save faith as far my case ... and send me ONE driver.
I will post photos of the repair and praise them in this thread.
Linsoul ... save your SOUL.

Apr 6, 2023 at 1:23 AM Post #18 of 29

They've asked you to send it back, they probably don't have single drivers laying around that they can send, most companies usually replace whole products.

You're the one asking for a different solution now, and are being difficult by not accepting their returns policy.

Apr 6, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #19 of 29
They've asked you to send it back, they probably don't have single drivers laying around that they can send, most companies usually replace whole products.

You're the one asking for a different solution now, and are being difficult by not accepting their returns policy.
ostewart:
You sound like a typical gear influencer, no doubt with $$ ties to Linsoul or the "review industry complex".
It's best NOT to reply to REAL-WORLD issues (posts), like mine, instead of what you came up with above.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #20 of 29
ostewart:
You sound like a typical gear influencer, no doubt with $$ ties to Linsoul or the "review industry complex".
It's best NOT to reply to REAL-WORLD issues (posts), like mine, instead of what you came up with above.

Lots of assumptions there, I'm impressed how you know me so well.

As you can see under my username, I used to work for Hifiheadphones, in customer service, and dealt with returns.

I still work in customer support, just for another company now, dealing with returns.

I get no monetary gain from reviewing for Linsoul.

Good luck getting the issue sorted.

Apr 6, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #21 of 29
Out of curiosity, and pertaining to his statement I suppose, do you get to keep the headphone / IEM samples from Linsoul that you are sent for the purpose of review OStewart?

I can understand why a company would prefer to get the unit back and exchange it for a full working unit, as that is still within their control and they can't count on someone's soldering skills to meet the definition of warranty perhaps. If the repair job goes wrong they have no recourse, basically, just out the replacement parts and all that. It is somewhat burdensome to have to send a unit all the way back to China and spend months waiting on an exchange, as another here mentioned, but that can be the case with warranty service and is not outside of what I've seen from other companies. The diagnostic steps including needing videos with evidence is stringent but not unheard of... I've never had a pro audio maker or seller ask for a false declaration of value for customs, though, that's asking for trouble IMO. I felt initially that I'd not want to buy from Linsoul if this is all how it goes, still skeptical TBH as that last part worries me as to why they need you to do that in the first place.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:45 PM Post #22 of 29
Out of curiosity, and pertaining to his statement I suppose, do you get to keep the headphone / IEM samples from Linsoul that you are sent for the purpose of review OStewart?

I can understand why a company would prefer to get the unit back and exchange it for a full working unit, as that is still within their control and they can't count on someone's soldering skills to meet the definition of warranty perhaps. If the repair job goes wrong they have no recourse, basically, just out the replacement parts and all that. It is somewhat burdensome to have to send a unit all the way back to China and spend months waiting on an exchange, as another here mentioned, but that can be the case with warranty service and is not outside of what I've seen from other companies. The diagnostic steps including needing videos with evidence is stringent but not unheard of... I've never had a pro audio maker or seller ask for a false declaration of value for customs, though, that's asking for trouble IMO. I felt initially that I'd not want to buy from Linsoul if this is all how it goes, still skeptical TBH as that last part worries me as to why they need you to do that in the first place.

Most review samples from Linsoul are on a permanent loan basis, should they want them back I would return them.

I hope that clarifies this, and it's the same with most reviewer's.

I don't have affiliate links to their store and they don't advertise on my site.

Apr 6, 2023 at 5:46 PM Post #23 of 29
In-warranty repair or exchange is contextual.
See my IE-900 thread. That $1400 device failed a few mos before the 2-year warranty expired. I sent it back to Sennheiser USA, at my own expense, and they sent me a new unit in less than a week. Still, finding how and what to return was an archaeological mission, requiring multiple form-filling and emailing. Shame on Sennheiser. And just before I sent the unit back, I called them (a lengthy process of weird transfers -- you know how modern customer service works!) because of very vague RMA instructions. I'm glad that I called because they said they wanted the WHOLE orig box back, too.
The IE900 was purch'd in the USA (Amazon), and all service/transactions are within the USA.
And it's a $1400 item.
With Linsoul, and given that the Ghost is only $120 item, and that Linsoul owns Thieaudio, a single driver shipment seems like the logical step. especially since I (customer) specifically requested it.

Apr 6, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #24 of 29
With Linsoul, and given that the Ghost is only $120 item, and that Linsoul owns Thieaudio, a single driver shipment seems like the logical step. especially since I (customer) specifically requested it.
It's logical to you. It also sounds logical to me. But you know whose opinion actually matters the most? Linsoul's.

Think about it: you established early on that the company isn't exactly convenient to deal with and that they have very particular expectations. And you responded by demanding a solution on your terms and your terms only.

Apr 7, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #25 of 29
It's logical to you. It also sounds logical to me. But you know whose opinion actually matters the most? Linsoul's.

Think about it: you established early on that the company isn't exactly convenient to deal with and that they have very particular expectations. And you responded by demanding a solution on your terms and your terms only.

By purchasing an item, you enter a contract with the company and agree their terms and conditions. The OP now seems to not want to agree to their terms and conditions, just because it's not convenient to them as you said.

Apr 8, 2023 at 1:42 AM Post #27 of 29
Government's terms and conditions (that is, the law) discourages requesting your customers commit customs fraud tho

Then don't, but by all means send the headphones back to the place of purchase which is standard RMA practice for most brands.

Apr 8, 2023 at 2:11 AM Post #28 of 29
I mean, if I were in the OP's shoes I'd consider sending it back as my only option and send it back - at least the makers do get a chance to make it right, and it's probably the only way to get a functional unit out of this rather than nothing. But, it's his call in the end. I don't think them sending a driver is going to happen.

Apr 8, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #29 of 29
Government's terms and conditions (that is, the law) discourages requesting your customers commit customs fraud tho
This and several other reasons (aforementioned) set off my spidey sense ... and, hence, not return the product. Can't trust Linsoul again. Will also (henceforth) avoid other non-US-based dealers. Except, perhaps, Ali. But very careful about what I order from them, too (e.g., wire and cable are safe bets -- and noting above $100 period).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back