There must really be widespread problems with Zen Micros
Feb 9, 2005 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

AudioMagnet

Head-Fier
I got this email today after trying to return my second Zen Micro to get a replacement:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com.

I am sorry that your replacement shipment was also problematic.

As it seems that the problem with this item is more widespread than
we originally thought, we are not able to send another replacement.
We will investigate and remedy the situation with the item; however,
I cannot guarantee when the error may be fixed.

We will gladly refund you in full for the return of this item.

Please use the return mailing label you printed from our Web site.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience.
We value your business and hope that you will continue to consider
Amazon.com for your online shopping needs.

Man this sucks...

Feb 9, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 13
this was the problems

Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioMagnet
Yesterday I received my new Zen Micro because my old one was sent back for defects. When I took out my new player everything seemed fine. It had none of the defects of my last player.

But then I noticed something. When the light in my room hit the screen of my player in the right way, I noticed that there were some kinds of scratches or cracks underneath the top layer of glass on the player.

There was no way that these scratches could have been caused by me. All I did was take the player out of the box and charge it.

So now I am going to return my player again, but I don't know if I should get a replacement or just get a refund and try something new. Any suggestions on a new player? I still might try my luck with a third micro.

so i guess some of the micro's have some mest up faces.
frown.gif

Feb 9, 2005 at 6:07 AM Post #4 of 13
I am not so sure if the problems are just with the face of the micro or if there are problems in general with the micro. Maybe amazon is getting too many returns for micros and they can't keep replacing them because it costs them money.

Feb 9, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #5 of 13
Yeah that really sucks. I just emailed them yesterday and they shipped out the replacement already. It's estimated to arrive tomorrow, but if this one is a defect then we're all screwed. There goes 2 months of researching/ordering and then cancelling it down the drain!

Feb 11, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #6 of 13
the problem you describe regarding the face of your micro is so miniscule. it doesnt even count toward the bigger, the actual problem of the micro. in fact, you are the only one i know of in the forums, not just dis' forum, who has that problem.

the real problem is the headphone jack. that is the culprit.

Feb 11, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by LoveablePuppy
the problem you describe regarding the face of your micro is so miniscule. it doesnt even count toward the bigger, the actual problem of the micro. in fact, you are the only one i know of in the forums, not just dis' forum, who has that problem.

the real problem is the headphone jack. that is the culprit.

I know that my problem is not that major. I was just saying that there must be many "general" problems with Zen Micros. Otherwise I would gave gotten a replacement.

Feb 11, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #8 of 13
the headphone jack issue isn't just with the zen micro, my zen xtra just had the same headphone jack problem.....is there any diy fix? mine is no longer under warranty...

Feb 11, 2005 at 8:42 PM Post #11 of 13
they fixed the headphone jack problem for the zen xtra. so pretty much all the new zen xtra's that are being sold shouldnt have any problems with the headphone, according to what i read.

as far as zen touch goes, i havent heard of any headphone jack problems with it.

its a shame, zen micro has a lot of good features, and better than any of the 4-5 gb dap's out there right now.

Feb 11, 2005 at 8:48 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioMagnet
Has anyone ever had heaphone jack problems with the zen touch?

No. Touch is really good concerning the problems. Really low customer count had problems with it.

Feb 11, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #13 of 13
You guys are right about widespread defects with the micro. I sent mine back for a refund about two weeks ago and haven't gotten my money back yet. When I called Creative Customer Service they told me they were backed up processing refunds because they've had so many product returns since Christmas. Not a good sign. Which is disappointing because I loved my Micro until it crashed and I had hoped Creative could give some serious competition to Apple. But alas, I don't think it's meant to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back