Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #9,512 of 12,550

Hey! Fly-out menus are back!!

I hate those things. Whenever I try to use them, I invariably hover over the category I want, then move my mouse to get to a subcategory item without moving straight to the right first, and the main category menu of course disappears. In other words, instead of doing an inverted L to get to a desired option, I try to take the shortest path, mouse into the space between the category and its subcategory menu, and it instantly disappears. Moving horizontally is an unnatural motion for human hands, which move in arcs. Flyout menus as everybody implements them are therefore not very good from an ergonomic standpoint.

I'm not sure how exactly you'd fix that sort of thing. The only instance of flyout menus I personally know about that didn't do this was the implementation on the original MacOS (not any version of OSX). There you could go from the category to any item in the subcategory menu in a straight line.

Hopefully all of this made sense. I'm surprised how difficult this is to put into words. Here's a picture:

Green is what I try to do and which results in the menu closing. Orange is what you're supposed to do.

Yeah I do that all the time too; it's pretty annoying...

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #9,513 of 12,550
Cold? 57F is cold?
rolleyes.gif

ph34r.gif

Downright chilly...

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #9,514 of 12,550
2014 Nominations-

Next year, we could pay tribute to the Hong Kong Actress, Singer-Songwriter "Karen Mok" through the month of October:

Moktober

And enjoy a wide variety of her avatars.
popcorn.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #9,516 of 12,550
biggrin.gif
 Do I sense "Nozember" just around the bend? Also, some members and guests on head-fi may have cringed seeing Karen all-wrapped-up in plastic. Moktober could be our chance to really set her free!

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:30 AM Post #9,518 of 12,550
Here is an aggregated list of current suggestions, to make everyone's life easier.
Nick Dangerous November
Nubile November
KnuckleHead November
Nozomi November
Nunvember
Nomax November
No November
Notorious November -
NUTMAN November
Gnarly November!
Nipple November
Nikola (Tesla) November
Ninja November
Nippy November
Nasty November
Naughty November
Nixie (tube) November
Newton November
Nickelodeon November
Norman (Rockwell) November
NSA November :ph34r:
Naughty Nude Jude November

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:37 AM Post #9,520 of 12,550
  Here is an aggregated list of current suggestions, to make everyone's life easier.
Quote:
Nick Dangerous November
Nubile November
KnuckleHead November
Nozomi November
Nunvember
Nomax November
No November
Notorious November -
NUTMAN November
Gnarly November!
Nipple November
Nikola (Tesla) November
Ninja November
Nippy November
Nasty November
Naughty November
Nixie (tube) November
Newton November
Nickelodeon November

ksc75smile.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #9,521 of 12,550
  That reminds me, still haven't gotten my burgers....

Where do I go to file a complaint. Have been patiently waiting....

Wasn't I supposed to get something out of that deal, too? I can't remember what, though. Oh, well, I'll just make something up, then. I'm owed...

...a new keyboard, since the backspace and pipe keys on mine rather rudely decided to pop off today, and they won't go back on properly.
...a giant egg full of fish sticks and my very own The Cheat.
...a time machine that only goes 13 seconds back in time, so I can redeem a single mistake.
...or a lifetime supply of aged cheddar.

I'm going with number four, I think.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #9,522 of 12,550
And thus, I bring forth the penultimate meta - post 6666 (for me) on Occult October.

It's been an auspicious run. One year since I've started posting instead of lurking. For the most part I've not taken any breaks on a day-to-day basis, apart from the two short breaks in January, then in May-Aug. I've taken out those periods within the one-year quote. Math.

I'm glad to share this experience with you guys. Out of all the threads, this one is, by far, the most entertaining, and the most heartwarming.

To bring it all together fullcircle - 

I'll fashion that into my new avatar for the week. For you peeps.

eek.gif
 I thought the advisory board ruled you ineligible?

They tried to take me out, but I pulled myself back in.

In the cat of course, I've no clue what you're talking about plastic burger wrap is not PG-13.

Quote:
Nick Dangerous November
Nubile November
KnuckleHead November
Nozomi November
Nunvember
Nomax November
No November
Notorious November -
NUTMAN November
Gnarly November!
Nipple November
Nikola (Tesla) November
Ninja November
Nippy November
Nasty November
Naughty November
Nixie (tube) November
Newton November
Nickelodeon November

ksc75smile.gif

Oh my, I didn't realize we were doing votes with the suggestions about now.
In which case - still keeping my vote for Naughty Nude Jude Nozomi November, although I'd be fine with just the Nozomi as long as I can put some Nude Jude into it.
Still suggestions flowing in so open to anything else.

Quote:

Wasn't I supposed to get something out of that deal, too? I can't remember what, though. Oh, well, I'll just make something up, then. I'm owed...

...a new keyboard, since the backspace and pipe keys on mine rather rudely decided to pop off today, and they won't go back on properly.
...a giant egg full of fish sticks and my very own The Cheat.
...a time machine that only goes 13 seconds back in time, so I can redeem a single mistake.
...or a lifetime supply of aged cheddar.

I'm going with number four, I think.

You'll get nothing and like it.

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #9,523 of 12,550
Take a screen cap to save the moment for posterity. In fact...

Now the moment will forever be captured.*

*More of the moment would have been captured if my screen resolution weren't 1366 x 768.

Oct 10, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #9,524 of 12,550

Look at the post number. on this day, the internet was broken.

Oct 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #9,525 of 12,550
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back