Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #7,771 of 12,550
I guess it means I've grown up when I read that as think to myself "that's just stupid".

lol - they are ALL stupid - it's just a matter of degrees of stupid. Four turtles with ninja powers living in a sewer is better? :p

WOAH WOAH WOAH. Let's calm down with the rash opinions. TMNT was awesome.

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #7,772 of 12,550
I just realized Im still in anime-August. Whoops.

Sep 4, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #7,773 of 12,550
WOAH WOAH WOAH. Let's calm down with the rash opinions. TMNT was awesome.

Bulls-eye! - I had a feeling that might strike a sensitive spot... :p

You are going to get it all this month in daily doses - the cool, the stupid & the weird. Don't like one - just wait a day to see the next one... :wink:

Sep 4, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #7,774 of 12,550
You are going to get it all this month in daily doses - the cool, the stupid & the weird. Don't like one - just wait a day to see the next one...
wink.gif

Sounds like the weather in Michigan, except it's usually don't like it, wait ten minutes.

Sep 4, 2013 at 6:24 PM Post #7,776 of 12,550

Sounds like the weather in Michigan, except it's usually don't like it, wait ten minutes.

We send garbage to your landfills, you give us your cray weather that's more volatile than a psycho ex gf. Fair trade I guess.

Kidding, kidding
biggrin.gif

Some of that weather moves south from Canadia, so we kind of exchange there, too. 
biggrin.gif

What we don't have is the dialect from just over the border. It's an amazingly stark divide. Twenty miles and you get all kinds of linguistic features that nobody in the US has (or, perhaps you could say that the people in Michigan have linguistic features nobody in Canada has).

Sep 4, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #7,778 of 12,550
Wow, the Shat just broke a bunch of Trekkies' hearts right there. Tribbles were puppets? SAY IT AIN'T SO! 
frown.gif
mad.gif

Sep 4, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #7,779 of 12,550
In '81 or '82, James Doohan (Scotty) came to my college as a guest speaker and talked about his history before ST and how he became Scotty. He was great! He introduced himself as "Jimmy-how-ya-doin-Doohan". Prior to ST his gig was as a "foreign accent guy" - he could do a zillion different authentic accents (he demonstrated a bunch of them). He said that he originally tried doing Scotty with his standard Scottish accent - but no one could understand him. They ended up going with some sort of hybrid of several different accents that really isn't anything real. After his talk, they played Trouble with Tribbles on the big auditorium screen. Good times!!

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #7,780 of 12,550
Ah, Scotty. Reminds me of last October's TMAC theme. Occluding Obobskivich October. Scottys as far as the eye could see everywhere on the forum.

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #7,781 of 12,550
This is one of the great ones. The superhero of superheros - one of the originals...

Mighty Mouse first appeared in theater shorts in 1942. He ran on TV from 1955-67 on CBS. What I most remember about the Mighty Mouse cartoons are the ones that were performed as operas, where all the characters sang their lines. A true classic!

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X78i13q-atk[/VIDEO]

Sep 5, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #7,782 of 12,550
Sep 5, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #7,783 of 12,550
Since no one else will go "all conventional", I will. 
rolleyes.gif

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #7,784 of 12,550
I miss TwinQY. Already. I know he said he might not be on for a while because he was conquering the world doing some work on his network, but still. There's a lot less bantering back and forth about Bach and pineapples and cheese and the mysterious guys in dark suits, and that makes Argyris sad. 
frown.gif

Plus, he missed the conclusion of the Z-man saga. I know he's going to be disappointed he didn't get his last two cents in before that whole thing blew up.

And speaking of people who are MIA, has anybody seen Bowei? His posting has slowed to a crawl and he hasn't been in here for ages. jgray91 and MrViolin have fallen off the map, too.

I feel like some weird shepherd dog or something because I want the whole herd here all the time, and it's always me who points out when people haven't been around for a while.

Sep 5, 2013 at 7:05 AM Post #7,785 of 12,550
  I miss TwinQY. Already. I know he said he might not be on for a while because he was conquering the world doing some work on his network, but still. There's a lot less bantering back and forth about Bach and pineapples and cheese and the mysterious guys in dark suits, and that makes Argyris sad. 
frown.gif

Plus, he missed the conclusion of the Z-man saga. I know he's going to be disappointed he didn't get his last two cents in before that whole thing blew up.

And speaking of people who are MIA, has anybody seen Bowei? His posting has slowed to a crawl and he hasn't been in here for ages. jgray91 and MrViolin have fallen off the map, too.

I feel like some weird shepherd dog or something because I want the whole herd here all the time, and it's always me who points out when people haven't been around for a while.

jgray91 posts in the diary thread, but he does appear to have forsaken us here. I haven't seen much of Bowei or MrViolin either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back