Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 2, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #7,711 of 12,550
August of 88 the girlfriend announced that she was pregnant... Twas a life changing moment.

Sep 2, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #7,712 of 12,550
Why the change from the green? 
confused.gif

Anyone wanting to share which sans-serif fonts they have by default so that I can steal it? I've been switching between Arimo and Droid Sans. Droid Sans is a bit soft around the edges, which fairly matters as my eyesight hasn't been doing so fine lately, so I prefer something crisper. But Arimo has this weird flattening with the lower cases. Or perhaps it's just my setup. I hear Win 8.1 has some nice font improvements...
very_evil_smiley.gif
1988 is also the birthdate of Foxtrot. The more you know...

Sep 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #7,713 of 12,550
Why the change from the green? :confused:

Who are you talking to? :confused:

I'm currently watching the original 1959 B&W version of "The Shaggy Dog" - classic Disney fun! Movies are so much better when they aren't remakes starring overacting big Hollywood names. I hate remakes!

Sep 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #7,721 of 12,550
Now we just need somebody to be Blossom. C'mon, Twink, you said you like the PPGs. We need somebody to complete the set.

Sep 2, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #7,722 of 12,550
Of course Elektra is a superhero! She has demonstrated various mysterious ninja powers ranging from telepathy to resurrecting the dead - and she herself has been resurrected (more than once I think). But even without actual superpowers, she would still qualify on several other points:

- She wears a skin tight costume
- She thinks she is a superhero
- She has a superhero name
- She has a backstory that provides motivation for her fight with evil

Only *one* of those would be required for her to qualify in the superhero club - and she has all 4!!

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #7,723 of 12,550
Back to Hanna-Barbera for our next character:

Birdman was created by Alex Toth in 1967. I wasn't a Birdman fan, this wasn't one of the cartoons I watched. Birdman had some cool powers - in addition to the wings for flight, he was solar powered and he could shoot power beams out of his hands. Of course, this was pretty much the same thing Space Ghost could do with his space gauntlets, and it should be no big surprise that Alex Toth also created Space Ghost the year before Birdman!

Sep 3, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #7,724 of 12,550
Quote:
Seeing all the cartoons reminded me of Captain Caveman :wink:.

I vaguely remember him.
smile_phones.gif

Quote:
Back to Hanna-Barbera for our next character:

Birdman was created by Alex Toth in 1967. I wasn't a Birdman fan, this wasn't one of the cartoons I watched. Birdman had some cool powers - in addition to the wings for flight, he was solar powered and he could shoot power beams out of his hands. Of course, this was pretty much the same thing Space Ghost could do with his space gauntlets, and it should be no big surprise that Alex Toth also created Space Ghost the year before Birdman!

I faintly remember him, along with Space Ghost......but I didn't watch either of them really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back