Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #4,396 of 12,550
This made me laugh just now.....

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #4,397 of 12,550
Quote:
Wut? You some kind of goth emo vamp or something?

Yes I am.

Quote:
We ran off to go on a "Pineapple diet." (just joking, TwinQy)
dt880smile.png

Actually, my fantastic week (and brief disappearance) can be found here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners/6900

Will trade any amount of pineapple for that. You name it, any amount.

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #4,398 of 12,550
One of my friends has a 1:24 scale British model railway.
He had the original set given to him just after WW2 when he was in England as a birthday present.
About ten years ago he expanded it into a nice little layout.

The larger scales like 1:24 are pretty popular. The cool thing about the larger scales is that the detailing on the trains can be really amazing. They can be "weathered" with smoke and oil stains & streaks, and every rivet can be put in the right place. You can actually *see* the detail without squinting or using a magnifying glass. And, you also have plenty of room in the engines for very realistic smoke, sound effects & digital controls. My brother-in-law had an outdoor G-scale layout that went all around the perimeter of his back yard. If I was going to start into the model train hobby today, I might pick G - much less fiddly than the smaller gauges like HO & N - but you do need a pretty big area for a decent layout.

One thing I don't like about the really hardcore scale modelers is that they will even *run* their trains at scale speeds. You ever seen an N-scale train running a scale 60 MPH? That translates into ~6 inches/second. Try walking at 6 inches/second and see how long it takes you to walk around your living room - it is excruciatingly boring!

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:40 AM Post #4,399 of 12,550
Not to calligraphy-spam again, but I've been practicing:

As ever, it's amazing how looking at it on a screen magnifies the imperfections. I'm still pretty happy with how I'm coming along, given I've been doing this for about a month, maybe an hour a day for two or three days a week.

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #4,400 of 12,550
Quote:
Not to calligraphy-spam again, but I've been practicing:

As ever, it's amazing how looking at it on a screen magnifies the imperfections. I'm still pretty happy with how I'm coming along, given I've been doing this for about a month, maybe an hour a day for two or three days a week.

eek.gif

You should go outside and get some fresh pineapples air after all that. Oh, wait, who am I to talk :p

I have to say that retroarch might in fact be one of the greatest assets for getting back into retro gaming. Just a beautiful piece of software. I simply can't stop gushing over it. Might this be the new pineapple?

Apr 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM Post #4,401 of 12,550
Who would have thought....  Drum roll please........  The audience is hushed with bated breath and eager anticipation.
The trumpets blare their strident cacaphonic  wail into an ear piercing crescendo
The velvet curtains slowly roll aside to reveal a billboard......

A pineapple font.

Apr 14, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #4,402 of 12,550
Quote:
eek.gif

You should go outside and get some fresh pineapples air after all that. Oh, wait, who am I to talk :p

I read back my sentence again, and I can see a possible reading that would have me taking a month to produce the example I posted. That's not what I meant--I actually wrote that in about half an hour. I've been practicing Gothic, off and on, for about a month. I've filled many, many pages and gone through several ink cartridges.

Unfortunately, there aren't any pineapples in the immediate vicinity. There is a banana, though, which I might eat in the next day. Mmmm. Bananas. They're yellow and they're fruit. They're almost pineapples!

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #4,403 of 12,550
Quote:Argyris
Unfortunately, there aren't any pineapples in the immediate vicinity. There is a banana, though, which I might eat in the next day. Mmmm. Bananas. They're yellow and they're fruit. They're almost pineapples!

Almost is almost good enough.

Banana is good on a peanut butter sandwich..

Good source of Potassium, I believe.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #4,406 of 12,550
Quote:
Cut-up some pineapple, banana and strawberries - they are great together.

eek.gif

I would never sully perfectly good strawberries by putting them in with nasty pineapple and banana!

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #4,408 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:Argyris

Almost is almost good enough.

Banana is good on a peanut butter sandwich..

Good source of Potassium, I believe.

Mmm, nothing like a good ol' fashion New Orleans style Bananas Foster or Banana Pudding.
wink.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #4,409 of 12,550
Quote:

Wut? You some kind of goth emo vamp or something?

Yes I am.

We ran off to go on a "Pineapple diet." (just joking, TwinQy)
dt880smile.png

Actually, my fantastic week (and brief disappearance) can be found here:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/537704/calling-all-vintage-integrated-receiver-owners/6900

Will trade any amount of pineapple for that. You name it, any amount.

Thanks for the compliment! Perhaps, I'll honour the amp's return with some Pineapple cake and a cold glass of milk.

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #4,410 of 12,550
Quote:
eek.gif

I would never sully perfectly good strawberries by putting them in with nasty pineapple and banana!

Sigh, people who get destroyed never learn

Quote:
I read back my sentence again, and I can see a possible reading that would have me taking a month to produce the example I posted. That's not what I meant--I actually wrote that in about half an hour. I've been practicing Gothic, off and on, for about a month. I've filled many, many pages and gone through several ink cartridges.

They're almost pineapples!

And that's exactly what I was responding to. Could have used that time to bake some cheesecake (pineapple or not pineapple)

Blasphemous. 

Quote:
A pineapple, banana & strawberry smoothie. Doesn't get closer together than that.....

Even better if you took out the strawberry. And the banana. And the smoothie. 

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment! Perhaps, I'll honour the amp's return with some Pineapple cake and a cold glass of milk.

beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back