Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #3,001 of 12,550
Quote:
The ONLY OS I want to test at this point is Ubuntu Touch OS. I have Ubuntu on an old laptop, and it's excellent. If I owned a Nexus 4 I'd put it on that as well,...then I'd be happily beta testing!!!
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I have Ubuntu, Lubuntu & Linux Mint on my Win7 box - they're for audio only. Used them with excitement for a couple of months and then...was back on the Mac.
rolleyes.gif
 Would like to go further, now that developers are porting like crazy to get the OS established on mobiles...

Feb 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #3,003 of 12,550
Quote:
Quote:
Is the following less busy? If not, I can search for a simpler alternate.

Actually, the original one is better than the cropped one, as I'll need a bunch of her tank in order to do that green shirt thingee.  Since it's you bro, lemme give the original one a whirl. 
wink.gif

Work in progress!

Yeah, it needs work :p the finished product will have the hair color edges blended, and Misa will have MuppetFace glasses and the TMAC logo.

Hey, that's looking pretty good so far!

Might have to give me a couple of days on these guys.  Got some unexpected meetings all day tomorrow, and an industry social thing tonight. 
redface.gif

1. I appreciate the gesture. When time permits, do your thing. However, you may place me at the back of the line as, I am not pressed; want to see the other avatars.
wink.gif

2. wes008's effort is coming along right nicely.

3. The Art of War Business: meet your adversary the night before, warmly; willingly, and size them up. Then staunchly defend, counterattack inside the meetings...have I got this right?
popcorn.gif

Feb 28, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #3,005 of 12,550
Quote:
Hey Achmed, I see you have a cowon X9 how is that?

Quick X9 thoughts.....

It takes forever to fill the 32GB internal memory, holy crap. The internal reader is slow as hell.

As usual for Cowon, the manual is useless, and it takes a couple days to get used to how to do stuff.

Now that I have custom settings saved for a couple headphones, I am listening a lot....good sound, and plenty of power. Even with the HFI-780's I can't go over 25/40 unless it is a really old quiet album. (No MP3Gain used here since I don't shuffle with this player)

Don't bother asking about video capability or any of the other stuff....I am only using this player for music, nothing else.

The resistive screen isn't that bad. Occasionally it will make a sound but not register the input from a fingertip(like if you are close to the edge), but if you then use the fingernail it will register.

As I've said before, the various sound tweaks can work wonders, if you are careful....it's easy to end up with a wildly artificial sound though. Without anything enabled, though, it doesn't stand out in any way at all....so to get your money's worth, you have to take the time to tinker with the DSP effects. 
As is always the case, most of the presets aren't worth your time...set up a custom setting to truly appreciate what a Cowon is capable of delivering.

The battery life is rated at 110 hours for audio. Don't know just how accurate that is, but after about 25 hours, always with some DSP settings enabled, the battery icon is still full.

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #3,006 of 12,550
Quick X9 thoughts.....

It takes forever to fill the 32GB internal memory, holy crap. The internal reader is slow as hell.

As usual for Cowon, the manual is useless, and it takes a couple days to get used to how to do stuff.

Now that I have custom settings saved for a couple headphones, I am listening a lot....good sound, and plenty of power. Even with the HFI-780's I can't go over 25/40 unless it is a really old quiet album. (No MP3Gain used here since I don't shuffle with this player)

Don't bother asking about video capability or any of the other stuff....I am only using this player for music, nothing else.

The resistive screen isn't that bad. Occasionally it will make a sound but not register the input from a fingertip(like if you are close to the edge), but if you then use the fingernail it will register.

As I've said before, the various sound tweaks can work wonders, if you are careful....it's easy to end up with a wildly artificial sound though. Without anything enabled, though, it doesn't stand out in any way at all....so to get your money's worth, you have to take the time to tinker with the DSP effects. 

As is always the case, most of the presets aren't worth your time...set up a custom setting to truly appreciate what a Cowon is capable of delivering.

The battery life is rated at 110 hours for audio. Don't know just how accurate that is, but after about 25 hours, always with some DSP settings enabled, the battery icon is still full.

Awesome, so it is a bit slow with SD cards you say. You are using class 10 right?

Is this a good pmp to get?

Feb 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #3,007 of 12,550
Quote:
Awesome, so it is a bit slow with SD cards you say. You are using class 10 right?

Is this a good pmp to get?

No, that was not an SD card, that was the built in memory. I do have a 16GB microsd in it  as well but that card was already loaded when I added it.

Is it a good one to get? Hard to say....it might be very frustrating for someone unfamiliar with Cowon players to get used to operating it.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM Post #3,008 of 12,550
No, that was not an SD card, that was the built in memory. I do have a 16GB microsd in it  as well but that card was already loaded when I added it.

Is it a good one to get? Hard to say....it might be very frustrating for someone unfamiliar with Cowon players to get used to operating it.

Well i looks like i would understand it pretty well, plus the UIs that cowon makes are usually very user friendly.

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #3,009 of 12,550

We're 3/4's of the way there guys. How about a Beats logo on his chest or forehead and the MuppetFace I'm your father wording along the bottom. Or maybe a Beats logo on his chest and TMAC on his forehead? You guys think it would be to busy?

P.S.
Tangster I love that avatar, good job

Mar 1, 2013 at 12:43 AM Post #3,010 of 12,550
Quote:

We;re 3/4's of the way there guys. how about a Beats logo on his chest or forehead and the MuppetFace I'm your father. You guys think it would be to busy?

P.S.
Tangster I love that avatar, good job

I wanted to put a pair of K1000s on his head instead of beats. Couldn't be bothered to find a good angle though...

Thanks. :)
I'll post it here so anyone who wants to use it can do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back