Theft of Orpheus at IFA 2015
Sep 6, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #121 of 151
mmm......not really. At the very least, the perp(s) can............(gasp!!)......sell the stolen set as junk parts. 50 bucks for the metal etc.....the rest of the loot is as good as sold (specially the 4 HDVD 800). It is much more marketable.

Sep 6, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #122 of 151
  I personally think it would be completely idiotic to be sad for a big company that has the money to make hundreds of those headphones if they wanted to. This is simply good advertisement for them, now more people get to know that the company that made their 20$ headphones in China, also makes some actually good products.

I'm sad for the people who won't get to hear Orpheus because of this.

Some people totally miss the point, don't they guys?

Unless this guy is some kind of a cleptomaniac, himself, and wants to justify his habit somehow.  JUST KIDDING, lmao.

Sep 6, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #123 of 151
So sad to hear this news. Hope it doesn't hurt future Senn product showings. Scumbags!

I left a $1500.00 camera with a $1000.00 lens on my motorcyce seat in Sturgis with thousands of "Bikers" walking around for about an hour till I noticed. Nobody touched them.

Sep 6, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #124 of 151
So sad to hear this news. Hope it doesn't hurt future Senn product showings. Scumbags!

I left a $1500.00 camera with a $1000.00 lens on my motorcyce seat in Sturgis with thousands of "Bikers" walking around for about an hour till I noticed. Nobody touched them.

My man and I left his apartment door without lock, we had to catch the U-bahn to the Hamburg museum für kunst und gewerbe, no boyd entered the apartment which housed a $20,000 MXN sony VAIO, my passport and US tourist visa

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:29 PM Post #125 of 151
  My man and I left his apartment door without lock, we had to catch the U-bahn to the Hamburg museum für kunst und gewerbe, no boyd entered the apartment which housed a $20,000 MXN sony VAIO, my passport and US tourist visa

aqs said:

Thanks for sharing.
Once I left a hundred dollar bill next to my dog Cujo.  Likewise, nobody touched it...
Hmmm.. the plot thickens...

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:31 PM Post #126 of 151

Thanks for sharing.
Once I left a hundred dollar bill next to my dog Cujo.  Likewise, nobody touched it...
Hmmm.. the plot thickens...

LMAO that made my night
etysmile.gif

Sep 6, 2015 at 11:44 PM Post #127 of 151

That does not real surprise me. Sturgist and its bikers seem to have a honour system and stuff usually does not disappear. The same try of honour code happens at mountain man gatherings. I was at one and was told to leave my modern bag next to the main totem pole, I did, and at the end of the day nothing was taken. Its hard to get such a bond at a hotel.

Sep 8, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #129 of 151
That does not real surprise me. Sturgist and its bikers seem to have a honour system and stuff usually does not disappear. The same try of honour code happens at mountain man gatherings. I was at one and was told to leave my modern bag next to the main totem pole, I did, and at the end of the day nothing was taken. Its hard to get such a bond at a hotel.

Not about the camera or lens though, it's how you use it :wink:

Sep 8, 2015 at 5:37 AM Post #130 of 151

Some people totally miss the point, don't they guys?

Unless this guy is some kind of a cleptomaniac, himself, and wants to justify his habit somehow.  JUST KIDDING, lmao.

I agree with you. People like that have this misguided notion that it is morally wrong to be successful and something terrible should happen because of that. He might be a kleptomaniac but most likely he is just trying to conceal his frustration with lack of success in life.

Sep 8, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #131 of 151
  I agree with you. People like that have this misguided notion that it is morally wrong to be successful and something terrible should happen because of that. He might be a kleptomaniac but most likely he is just trying to conceal his frustration with lack of success in life.

+1

Sep 8, 2015 at 2:36 PM Post #132 of 151
There is a seller on eBay who has sold 2 Orpheus Headphones to date, and has another up for sale right now. Don't think he's the guy, but holy crap that is a lot of Orpheus sales. He's also sold multiple of the Orpheus amp independently. Former Sennheiser high end dealer in Poland?

Sep 8, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #133 of 151

I would steal but only if I couldn't afford eating otherwise.

Now let's get back to the Orpheus thief, should we give him some advice on where to sell that thing if he happens to read head-fi? I would return it to a museum or something.

Sep 8, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #135 of 151
  Why isn't security a fixture at CanJams? Checking badges and ingress-egress?

Probably because they're not staged at convention center type settings, to my knowledge.  Usually they're at hotel venues, and with space limitations for secured fenced areas for cargo trailers and such.  Don't know how they facilitate manned security though, they may just rely on using hotel staff security.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back