Thee Almighty Questions [For Sennheiser HD600 owners]
Mar 2, 2002 at 3:00 PM Post #31 of 42
Jodokast.....

I live in Napa, you should really let me bring my Wheatfield Audio HA-1 over to audition before you decide.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 3, 2002 at 2:11 AM Post #32 of 42
it 4 sale?

Mar 3, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #33 of 42
Yap... PM me with your address. A new batch is coming in soon and I'll peel one off the stack for ya. You'll still need a matched pair of JJ EL84's, though.

Try www.triodeelectronics.com. Uncle Ned has a great stash of new production tubes.

Mar 7, 2002 at 1:07 AM Post #36 of 42
I have the MG Head and it is dead quiet. Far less noise than any SS amp I've had. Which is a surprise perhaps on two fronts.

Don't let everyone give you a bunch of garbage over the tubes. The Stock tubes are quite nice...sure they are not the best but they sound good and don't cost you anything. Sure - you can go out and buy $100.00 tubes and they will likely make it sound better...the point is you will always have the option to get better sound when money is available...until that time the stock are fine...I have bought a coupl of different ones...they sound different...though not really better in all regards.

Mar 7, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #37 of 42
Yeah right.

MG Head OTL with stock tubes:

Firecracker1.JPG

MG Head OTL with a quality 5751:

bomb.jpg

Nuff said. 5751's are cheap and plentiful right now, but they aren't going to stay that way. Get on eBay and grab some before the prices spike.

Mar 7, 2002 at 6:41 AM Post #38 of 42
I believe Nick said the tube he had was $25. It made a huge difference. I'm going to go with my stock reply here, listen to it before you judge it.

Mar 9, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #40 of 42
You need the Clou cable for the HD600's. That will make a BIG difference.

I use the MG Head OTL. I tried a Supreme (without the Clou) and returned it.

My system is now MG Head OTL/HD600/Clou Red. Sounds good to me.

Mar 9, 2002 at 7:10 AM Post #42 of 42
I ordered my MG Head OTL from Earphoria last Monday and got it yesterday, one word "WOW" and this is even with the stock tubes, I can't even imagine how much more the sound/imaging would improve when I replaced the stock tubes with the one's I ordered (Raytheon 5751 and JJ EL84's)...

First thing I noticed when I plugged in my headphone was the much talked about buzz on the left speaker which was easily fixed thanks to the great folks in this forum. Now it's dead silent.

Jeff
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back