Thebit OPUS#2 Dap - out September/October 2016.
Jan 9, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #213 of 1,185
Have anyone ever bought from this site yet ?
https://www.eglobalcentral.com/index.php?desktop&dispatch=products.view&product_id=19235

Opus#2 is only sold officially in US by MusicTeck, their authorized distributor: https://shop.musicteck.com/products/opus-2-hi-res-portable-digital-audio-player .  It's also on amazon, sold by MusicTeck: http://amzn.to/2iYKJ07 but currently out of stock (they are getting more in soon).

I never heard of eglobalcentral, and not sure if they are official resellers.  If not, you will have a hard time if ever need to file a warranty claim.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:45 PM Post #215 of 1,185
  Oh ok I will pass it then. And the SQ of this one is better than the #1 alot ? I bought #1 before and i like it alot.

Just confirmed, they are not an authorized dealer (eglobalcentral).

#2 is a higher res refined version of #1.  Not a night'n'day difference, actually sound signature is similar.  But #2 has wider soundstage, more transparency, improved dynamics, while #1 is smoother and a little less resolving in comparison.  I wouldn't say the difference will be "alot" but if you want the best and don't mind paying premium to squeeze every bit of performance - #2 is at the top of its game.  But the price/performance ratio of #1 is VERY impressive.

Jan 10, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #216 of 1,185
Avoid eGlobalCenter like the plague.
Shady website working mostly on backorders (= nearly nothing in stock), so you wait forever half of the time.
Read some reviews, it's very enlightening.

Jan 10, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #217 of 1,185
Hi twister6 and all,
thank you for discussing and review about this device. Many thanks for @takeanidea @whitigir for
Your review. i just bought it because your review :grimacing::grimacing:. Before i used AK70 then need to change between pioneer xdp300R or opus#2. So i decided to buy opus#2.
Regarding about streaming function and volume lock function. I had email The R/D team for those issue.
They are currently under development to provide the DLAN function.and will forward comments to R/D.
Can wait for next FW update.. :blush::blush:✌:tone4:..

Jan 11, 2017 at 8:39 AM Post #219 of 1,185
Jan 11, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #221 of 1,185
  Avoid eGlobalCenter like the plague.
Shady website working mostly on backorders (= nearly nothing in stock), so you wait forever half of the time.
Read some reviews, it's very enlightening.

Wow, no kidding.  Just found this: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/58013047 - people writing about being scammed by eglobalcenter. Definitely stay away!

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #222 of 1,185
@twister6 you should add more information about balanced and unbalance port :D they can drive 2 separately cans together at the same time :D 
for other DAPs, user has to switch manually or it will be automatically switched by the DAP itself that user can only use 1 port at a time ^^

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #223 of 1,185
  @twister6 you should add more information about balanced and unbalance port :D they can drive 2 separately cans together at the same time :D 
for other DAPs, user has to switch manually or it will be automatically switched by the DAP itself that user can only use 1 port at a time ^^

That's one of the advantages of Opus#2 over Opus#1 where you don't need to enable balanced output in Opus#2.  True, both ports are active at the same time, but unless you are planning to use two pairs of IEMs with a similar sensitivity - it makes no sense to have both connected since you don't have independent volume control
wink.gif
  Thus, makes no sense to mention it in the review
biggrin.gif

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #224 of 1,185

That's one of the advantages of Opus#2 over Opus#1 where you don't need to enable balanced output in Opus#2.  True, both ports are active at the same time, but unless you are planning to use two pairs of IEMs with a similar sensitivity - it makes no sense to have both connected since you don't have independent volume control
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

:)) information for someone just not being alone (not me at this moment =)) ) 
anw do you need interior picture of Opus #2? :wink:

Jan 11, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #225 of 1,185

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

:)) information for someone just not being alone (not me at this moment =)) ) 
anw do you need interior picture of Opus #2? :wink:

I usually prefer to use pictures I have taken, unless you are daring me to take Opus#2 apart to take pictures of the printed wiring board inside?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back