thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
May 5, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #346 of 945
I don't know man, every credit card I've ever used has offered better exchange rate compared to PayPal. I believe PayPal is well known for having very poor exchange rate, there's quite a few articles about this available.....
Then banks are friendlier in Norway than in France, we get absolutely raped by French banks when it comes to fees for payment outside the EU. The bank exchange rate is good but they add a fixed fee plus a percentage fee, which ruins it all.

May 5, 2018 at 4:28 AM Post #347 of 945
Then banks are friendlier in Norway than in France, we get absolutely raped by French banks when it comes to fees for payment outside the EU. The bank exchange rate is good but they add a fixed fee plus a percentage fee, which ruins it all.

Aha, that makes sense. Over here there's no fees, just the exchange rate.

May 6, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #349 of 945
Looks like version 1.00.03 has been released. I got the usual slow speeds and timeouts, but the final 25% came down pretty quick.

If you are having issues I have uploaded it here: https://transfer.sh/MjRN2/Opus1S_ver1_03.zip

The changes are:

1. Gain control selection in Quick menu.

2. Time change to entering suspended mode (from 5 sec to 60 sec)

3. Sleep mode icon and text string change

4. Play icon change in status bar.

May 6, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #350 of 945
I have been having issues with 1.00.03. First off the metadata ended up looking at something else for some reason. Last weekend I spent all Saturday fixing issues with the metadata as well as artist groupings as the opus#1s doesn't use album artist. After the update groupings are all messed up. It is using artist data from somewhere I have never seen before. I have two albums from London Philharmonic that now have Chinese characters for artist names. Before the update it was all London Philharmonic Orchestra. Also USB otg to my mojo worked for about 10 minutes then quit and hasn't worked since. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

May 7, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #351 of 945
I have been having issues with 1.00.03. First off the metadata ended up looking at something else for some reason. Last weekend I spent all Saturday fixing issues with the metadata as well as artist groupings as the opus#1s doesn't use album artist. After the update groupings are all messed up. It is using artist data from somewhere I have never seen before. I have two albums from London Philharmonic that now have Chinese characters for artist names. Before the update it was all London Philharmonic Orchestra. Also USB otg to my mojo worked for about 10 minutes then quit and hasn't worked since. Has anyone else experienced similar issues?

There are problems with Artists, for example, it puts downloaded artists ahead of artists burned from cd. I haven't been able to fix even after stripping and rewriting meta. I did purchase and burn a hard copy of an affected title, sure enough it went where it should - the downloaded copy still sits at the beginning of the (first alphabetical) list.

After the last update, with multiple albums from the same artist, it created a bunch of blank folders just showing album title. The original is still there, just now there are many duplicate blank titles as well. Songs category is a total disaster. (thats been the same regardless of firmware)

May 8, 2018 at 6:17 AM Post #353 of 945
>Dear Ben,
>
>We know that there are request of album-artist tab from user.
>We are studying it but it is not easy to apply it with current db system of
>our products.
>When we will release new products, we will update old models too.
>
>Best regards,
>Audio-opus

That's the reply I got!

May 9, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #354 of 945
Is there a way to get a file listing of data imported into the database? I'm trying to find out why 12 songs out of 17,047 weren't imported... And it is a bit rough to locate the songs in question ... I'm pretty sure it is one album ... Again it is rough using the small screen and my finger to do comparisons to figure out which songs/album is the troublesome one

May 9, 2018 at 1:02 PM Post #355 of 945
Is there a way to get a file listing of data imported into the database? I'm trying to find out why 12 songs out of 17,047 weren't imported... And it is a bit rough to locate the songs in question ... I'm pretty sure it is one album ... Again it is rough using the small screen and my finger to do comparisons to figure out which songs/album is the troublesome one

Thanks everyone, I found the album that wasn't imported.

Phil Collins "...But Seriously"

I guess having leading periods is a no-no

May 9, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #356 of 945
Has anyone else seen increased battery usage with the new firmware? I had it paused in my bag all morning and it came out warm and had used 27% in 5 hours.

May 10, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #359 of 945
I really don’t remember how I got to be following this thread, but I have been following it for a few months now. I ordered a new Opus #1s yesterday.

I am an old, gray haired curmudgeon who’s been without a portable music player for 5 or 6 years. I reconfigured my music and listening a couple years ago with FLAC files, a decent tube amp and a fine set of headphones (WA2 and Beyer T1.2). I will be traveling quite a bit this summer, and I have felt the need to get a reasonable Hi-Res DAP.

I was pleased to see a device where the money is focused on reproducing hi fidelity music without a lot of extraneous bells and whistles. I don’t stream audio, and Wi-Fi or Bluetooth has no appeal to me. I want a Hi-Res music player, not a Swiss army knife.

I also ordered a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2, wired, over the ear headphones to use while I am traveling. I was unable to find information on the pairing, but I do hope the M2s pair well with the #1s.

All in all, I am grateful to those who have contributed details to this thread, and without being able to listen beforehand, I am confident in my decision to purchase the 1s – thanks.

Lucifigus

May 10, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #360 of 945
I really don’t remember how I got to be following this thread, but I have been following it for a few months now. I ordered a new Opus #1s yesterday.

I am an old, gray haired curmudgeon who’s been without a portable music player for 5 or 6 years. I reconfigured my music and listening a couple years ago with FLAC files, a decent tube amp and a fine set of headphones (WA2 and Beyer T1.2). I will be traveling quite a bit this summer, and I have felt the need to get a reasonable Hi-Res DAP.

I was pleased to see a device where the money is focused on reproducing hi fidelity music without a lot of extraneous bells and whistles. I don’t stream audio, and Wi-Fi or Bluetooth has no appeal to me. I want a Hi-Res music player, not a Swiss army knife.

I also ordered a pair of Sennheiser Momentum 2, wired, over the ear headphones to use while I am traveling. I was unable to find information on the pairing, but I do hope the M2s pair well with the #1s.

All in all, I am grateful to those who have contributed details to this thread, and without being able to listen beforehand, I am confident in my decision to purchase the 1s – thanks.

Lucifigus

I would recommend the Meze 99 Classics over the Momentum.

My for an in-depth comparison, have a look at my review:
http://theheadphonelist.com/headpho...d-and-water-a-review-of-the-meze-99-classics/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back