thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Apr 30, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #331 of 945
Sounds like one of the bellow. For the quickest fix I'd suggest converting them again and transferring them again

- Corrupted files
- Corrupted during conversion
- Broken mSD card (corrupted)
- interrupted file transfer
- The issue is most likely within the files

For another quick test you can plug the card in the computer and play the same files. If the issue is there, the files need to be reconverted or recopied. If the issue isn't there, then reconvert.
Thank you kindly for the quick reply. I will do as you suggest. Fingers crossed...
Cheers!

May 1, 2018 at 5:30 PM Post #333 of 945
Opus #1s and Beyerdynamic Amiron :)

Audiophile-Heaven-Beyerdynamic-Amiron-Home-Review-Official-Photo-100.jpg

May 2, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #335 of 945
Hope this works!

If it doesn't work, try to explain what is going when you try those things, so we can provide more accurate help :)
Many thanks for your assistance.
I copied my original rip to the internal storage of the Opus1s and experienced flawless playback.
I then formatted the micro sd card and put a re-ripped version of the album on it.
Again, no issues with playback. :)
Looks like there was some corruption on the sd card.
Big thanks to all posters and reviewers on this forum, your expertise helped me decide on the Opus#1S as my first DAP.
Cheers!
Gregg

May 2, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #336 of 945
Many thanks for your assistance.
I copied my original rip to the internal storage of the Opus1s and experienced flawless playback.
I then formatted the micro sd card and put a re-ripped version of the album on it.
Again, no issues with playback. :)
Looks like there was some corruption on the sd card.
Big thanks to all posters and reviewers on this forum, your expertise helped me decide on the Opus#1S as my first DAP.
Cheers!
Gregg

No worries, Gregg,

Hope you have countless hours of enjoyment with your #1s! :darthsmile:

May 3, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #339 of 945
How long does burn in take?

When I first got the 1S ... I briefly (1 hour) used the unbalanced ... Then went to using the optical for a few days

I went back to using the unbalanced .. and I was hoping for better SQ ... will it take longer to burn/settle in? Today I ordered a balanced cable ... Hoping that improves things

Earphones used FLC8S and UE 18 Pro

PS: still trying to figure out which 12 songs from my cards that were not imported into the library/database ... Not obvious with over 17,000 songs

May 3, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #340 of 945
Will the 1S be available in europe? I cant find any seller of Daps by opus here. :confused:

I don't know if it will be. There was a link to a Polish site earlier in the thread which may be what you are after.

I am UK based and got it from Jaben Singapore. Excellent service there. I also hear good things about Musicteck.

May 3, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #341 of 945
I don't know if it will be. There was a link to a Polish site earlier in the thread which may be what you are after.

I am UK based and got it from Jaben Singapore. Excellent service there. I also hear good things about Musicteck.
Same here, got it from Jaben Singapore, because I was tired to wait for availability in France.

May 4, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #344 of 945
how much did the VAT hurt? :<
I asked Jaben to declare the value of Opus #1 (non S version, which is on heavy sale).
Ended up paying less than 50€, which is still VERY reasonable.
Currency conversion is also better if you use Paypal, don't EVER use your credit card to pay outside the EU if you can use Paypal.

May 4, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #345 of 945
I asked Jaben to declare the value of Opus #1 (non S version, which is on heavy sale).
Ended up paying less than 50€, which is still VERY reasonable.
Currency conversion is also better if you use Paypal, don't EVER use your credit card to pay outside the EU if you can use Paypal.

I don't know man, every credit card I've ever used has offered better exchange rate compared to PayPal. I believe PayPal is well known for having very poor exchange rate, there's quite a few articles about this available.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back