thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Apr 28, 2018 at 3:16 PM Post #316 of 945
Can anyone answer a question for a new user? I just got my 1S .... And my question is about the 'Repeat' indicator on the top status bar ...
I'm in shuffle mode and the Repeat indicator is a full circle and I can change it to Repeat 1 ... When I turn Repeat Off the indicator still looks like a full circle in the top status bar ...

Yeah I have to think this is a bug. The settings drawer shows the right value, but the indicator at the top says it's on repeat still.

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:51 PM Post #317 of 945
How often is the firmware updated on the Opus 1S? With my QP1R, updates are slow to come.

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:17 PM Post #318 of 945
Can anyone answer a question for a new user? I just got my 1S .... And my question is about the 'Repeat' indicator on the top status bar ...
I'm in shuffle mode and the Repeat indicator is a full circle and I can change it to Repeat 1 ... When I turn Repeat Off the indicator still looks like a full circle in the top status bar ...

It does look that way unless you really pay close attention. When Repeat is on, there are two arrow heads (one on top and one on bottom). When repeat is off, there is only a single arrowhead on the top side of the loop and none on the lower. I thought it was the same icon too at first.

Apr 28, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #319 of 945
It does look that way unless you really pay close attention. When Repeat is on, there are two arrow heads (one on top and one on bottom). When repeat is off, there is only a single arrowhead on the top side of the loop and none on the lower. I thought it was the same icon too at first.

Thanks ... I see it now ... Not particularly too intuitive ... Oh well

I inserted cards with 17047 songs ... That plus the 3 songs that come with the 1S should result in 17050 songs ... But after scanning was completed .. the library only has 17038 songs ... I'll have to track down the tracks where the tags are causing issues

Apr 28, 2018 at 8:41 PM Post #320 of 945
How often is the firmware updated on the Opus 1S? With my QP1R, updates are slow to come.
How is your experience with the QP1R so far? I am thinking of getting it in the future.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:09 AM Post #321 of 945
How is your experience with the QP1R so far? I am thinking of getting it in the future.

It sounds fantastic. Firmware updates are many months apart. The UI is very simple and it can drive most cans. My experience has been good, but I would like a touchscreen UI.

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #322 of 945
Most of the quirks have been ironed out with Opus #1, so we shouldn't expect many updates in my opinion.
If they can fix the dac function, it would be awesome!

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #326 of 945
Ah really now?

Cuz I read that this device is supposed to function as a USB DAC.

Are they aware of this? And is it currently being worked on by them?

It works as a usb DAC but not as a usb transport. I keep waiting on that functionality but until the. I will just use optical output.

Apr 30, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #328 of 945
Usb dac - you can send audio from a pc and use the opus#1s as a dac and amp.

Usb transport - you can send audio to a usb dac from the Opus#1s

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #329 of 945
Hello all, I'm looking for some help.
I just purchased an Opus#1S and have been enjoying it for about a week.
I ripped a few CD's using dbPoweramp and added the files to a MicroSD card that was inserted directly into the car reader on my PC. Things were working and sounding great.
This weekend, I ripped more music and added it to the SD card in the same manner as described above. When listening to an album that had no issues last week, I'm getting playback issues such as blast of white noise and skipping.
Does this sound like an issue with unit or the sdcard? Is it possible for files to become corrupted on the card by simply adding more files?
I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong thread, I'm green on all fronts.
Cheers!

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #330 of 945
Hello all, I'm looking for some help.
I just purchased an Opus#1S and have been enjoying it for about a week.
I ripped a few CD's using dbPoweramp and added the files to a MicroSD card that was inserted directly into the car reader on my PC. Things were working and sounding great.
This weekend, I ripped more music and added it to the SD card in the same manner as described above. When listening to an album that had no issues last week, I'm getting playback issues such as blast of white noise and skipping.
Does this sound like an issue with unit or the sdcard? Is it possible for files to become corrupted on the card by simply adding more files?
I apologize if I'm posting in the wrong thread, I'm green on all fronts.
Cheers!

Sounds like one of the bellow. For the quickest fix I'd suggest converting them again and transferring them again

- Corrupted files
- Corrupted during conversion
- Broken mSD card (corrupted)
- interrupted file transfer
- The issue is most likely within the files

For another quick test you can plug the card in the computer and play the same files. If the issue is there, the files need to be reconverted or recopied. If the issue isn't there, then reconvert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back