thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Apr 26, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #302 of 945
is there any file number limit on this dap? some dap accept big storage but limit the number of files to a certain number..

I have 22886 files on there at the moment with no issues. I can't find any mention of a limit in the manual.

This is partly what people are talking about when they say 'simple but solid' UI. Not many cheaper players can take 2 x 400GB cards full and handle a library that size.

Apr 26, 2018 at 2:02 AM Post #303 of 945
I have 22886 files on there at the moment with no issues. I can't find any mention of a limit in the manual.

This is partly what people are talking about when they say 'simple but solid' UI. Not many cheaper players can take 2 x 400GB cards full and handle a library that size.
thanks man! i'm sold. just need to find somewhere to buy this.

Apr 26, 2018 at 4:15 AM Post #306 of 945
Well it sounds like Musicteck are good. I went with Jaben Singapore and was very impressed with their level of service.

i'm going to go to singapore next month, i'll just buy it there.

Good to hear regarding 2 x 400gb cards. I am pretty sure that most reviews do not necessarily focus on how the player handles large libraries.

yeah, it's pretty important for some of us with a couple decades worth library of music.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #307 of 945
I'm running a pair of 256s without issues.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #308 of 945
I'm running a pair of 256s without issues.
That is what I tested with...cant wait for the 400gb cards to drop in price.

Apr 26, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #309 of 945
Per Opus, it does support output to an external DAC.

this in on the technology tab of the Opus #1s page

Support USB Audio out
Opus#1S supports USB Audio out function, so you can connect various external USB audio devices(USB DAC). Enjoy your own sound by connecting with various audio devices that support USB input.

here http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=17532

Huh, interesting.

All the better reason to get one then :)

Apr 28, 2018 at 5:20 AM Post #310 of 945
Opus #1s and Dita Answer Truth Edition

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-23.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-25.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-24.jpg

Audiophile-Heaven-Review-Dita-Answer-Truth-Edition-Photo-30.jpg

Apr 28, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #311 of 945
Hey everyone, been contemplating on whether to get the #1s or N5ii for my next DAP.

I've listened to the original Opus #1 a while back and I found it to be pretty thin, but I loved the extension and detail it brought out. For those who have owned all 3 or either 1 of each, just wondering which would be a better one for me, wanting a lil bit more warmth/fullness but stil having maybe 80-110% of that extension and detail.

Apr 28, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #312 of 945
Hey everyone, been contemplating on whether to get the #1s or N5ii for my next DAP.

I've listened to the original Opus #1 a while back and I found it to be pretty thin, but I loved the extension and detail it brought out. For those who have owned all 3 or either 1 of each, just wondering which would be a better one for me, wanting a lil bit more warmth/fullness but stil having maybe 80-110% of that extension and detail.
Probably the N5ii since you only want a little bit more warmth/fullness.

Actually, the N5ii has a thicker sound than the Opus 1 but not necessarily warmer sounding. I'd say its somewhere in between the standard opus and the warmer metal opus but closer to the standard opus. Instrumental timbre is a definite step up as instruments have a more natural weight and texture. The Opus 1 will come across as airer. Soundstage wise the Opus 1 is a touch wider but sounds 2d next to the N5ii which has much better depth and dynamics. The Opus 1 is more mid bass oriented while the N5ii is more sub bass oriented.

I have not had the chance to try out the new opus 1S but according to reviewers it is quite a lot warmer than the standard opus.

Apr 28, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #313 of 945
I have not had the chance to try out the new opus 1S but according to reviewers it is quite a lot warmer than the standard opus.

I wish you'd have the decency to stop describing the #1S as a lot warmer than the original #1 in every post without having done first hand comparison (and actually never e en heard the #1S). This is pretty basic in here and I'd expect you to know that by know but I'd guess I'm wrong.

If you've heard it and though it was a lot warmer I'd respect your opinion but comparing something you've heard with something you haven't comes a cross as something else......

As an owner of both the #1 and #1S I'd describe the S version as a bit warmer but with noticeable better dynamics. Isolated I wouldn't describe it as a particularly warm sounding though. The original is wider and more airy in its presentation and feels more neutral to me.

Apr 28, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #314 of 945
I wish you'd have the decency to stop describing the #1S as a lot warmer than the original #1 in every post without having done first hand comparison (and actually never e en heard the #1S). This is pretty basic in here and I'd expect you to know that by know but I'd guess I'm wrong.

If you've heard it and though it was a lot warmer I'd respect your opinion but comparing something you've heard with something you haven't comes a cross as something else......

As an owner of both the #1 and #1S I'd describe the S version as a bit warmer but with noticeable better dynamics. Isolated I wouldn't describe it as a particularly warm sounding though. The original is wider and more airy in its presentation and feels more neutral to me.
Just to clarify, I never said those were my impressions:wink:

Since you find it just a bit warmer than the old standard opus 1, i wonder how it would compare to my metal opus as I also find it just a bit warmer than the old standard opus 1

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #315 of 945
Can anyone answer a question for a new user? I just got my 1S .... And my question is about the 'Repeat' indicator on the top status bar ...
I'm in shuffle mode and the Repeat indicator is a full circle and I can change it to Repeat 1 ... When I turn Repeat Off the indicator still looks like a full circle in the top status bar ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back