thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Apr 17, 2018 at 7:44 AM Post #271 of 945
I tried it this morning and it was dead slow. I think I still have the firmware from when I downloaded it for my 1s. If I can find it tonight when I get home, I'll put it on on dropbox or something until they get the site issue resolved.

Apr 17, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #272 of 945
Very impressed with Jaben Singapore, thank you for the recommendation! The device is great, the total lack of bull**** features is just what I needed.

One thing, I noticed the touch screen was a bit iffy then saw that there's a firmware update to fix it. I've been trying to download it all morning but it's painfully slow - anyone else having the same issue?

I've been using this link:

http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=15757&uid=526&mod=document

Hi from Singapore. I also got hooked to 1S after trying it in jaben. :) I audition both opus 3 and 1s,but strangely, to my ears, 1s sound even more musical . Opus 3 is already very musical but 1s is even more so

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:22 AM Post #273 of 945
Hi from Singapore. I also got hooked to 1S after trying it in jaben. :) I audition both opus 3 and 1s,but strangely, to my ears, 1s sound even more musical . Opus 3 is already very musical but 1s is even more so
I too like the richness of the signature

Apr 17, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #274 of 945
I tried it this morning and it was dead slow. I think I still have the firmware from when I downloaded it for my 1s. If I can find it tonight when I get home, I'll put it on on dropbox or something until they get the site issue resolved.

I finally got there! Speed was slow but timeouts were the real killer.

I have posted it here: https://transfer.sh/KMuQ1/Opus1S-1.00.02.zip

UPDATE: I also posted the manual because that took ages too: https://transfer.sh/14Di0R/OPUS1S_MANUALENG_01.pdf

Link should last 2 weeks, perhaps longer. If you need it again hit me up, I have backed it up now!

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #277 of 945
Audio Opus #1s > Home made Toxic Cables Viper 26awg > 64 Audio U6 (M15 module)

The Opus #1s is such an awesome player, not quite as neutral and reference style as the Opus #1, but it has a bit more impact and dynamics making it super enjoyable.

IMG_20180421_101328-01.jpeg

Apr 21, 2018 at 6:13 PM Post #279 of 945
Good review Troy. We hear this thing very much the same. :thumbsup:

Apr 23, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #283 of 945
I'm a week in and I have some observations, good and bad.

Good:

- Sounds fantastic
- Rock solid UI. Android but they have done a careful job of skinning it.
- Dual SD means I can carry all my stuff all the time
- Very nice build quality
- No wifi/BT etc. Not everything in life needs an IP

Bad

- USB cable that came with the device was a dud (no data transfer, power only) - no big deal
- MTP transfer only over USB. This is a sucky protocol so I am just transferring straight to SD. Would be nice to have adb access or something.
- Simple UI might be 'too' simple for some. No search, no sorting from z-a etc etc
- Not a problem for me, but those with large collections with want to make sure their metadata etc is in order. The folder view is nice though.

Overall I very much like the 'one thing well' approach. Great device, perhaps more for old fashioned codgers like me who don't stream.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back