thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Apr 12, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #256 of 945
I don't think power is the issue here
QP1R specs
IMG_20180412_171221.png

I think it's more of iem matching. Its normal for the players you mentioned to sound better. Not because of more amplification but BETTER amplification.

Apr 12, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #257 of 945
I don't think power is the issue here
QP1R specs

I think it's more of iem matching. Its normal for the players you mentioned to sound better. Not because of more amplification but BETTER amplification.

you're right. i think that should be the correct term. Better amplification. It is able to project the required power. i just remember, QP1R is class A amplifier.

i'm going to try with ZX300 later. All Sony have clean Class D amplifier. One friend tell me it is able to power most difficult iem without difficulty

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #258 of 945
you're right. i think that should be the correct term. Better amplification. It is able to project the required power. i just remember, QP1R is class A amplifier.

i'm going to try with ZX300 later. All Sony have clean Class D amplifier. One friend tell me it is able to power most difficult iem without difficulty
I got the zx300 and ended up returning it cause it had a slight hiss with my jhaudio 10x3. I really liked how it felt in my hand

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #259 of 945
I got the zx300 and ended up returning it cause it had a slight hiss with my jhaudio 10x3. I really liked how it felt in my hand
I found it a little heavy but the curved design is nice to hold.

Apr 12, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #260 of 945

I think the amplification of Zx300 is slightly stronger, which also may cause the hiss. And yes, the jvc solidedge is powered nicely with Zx300.,but I also suspect because of this power, it cause hiss

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #261 of 945
I'm in Little Rock now but in the mid '90s I was living in Atlanta and would play in the Warriors Path Park Disc Golf tournament each year. Always stayed in Kingsport.

Well if you ever get back this way, look me up. I live about 10 minutes from the park and we will go grab a steak and a drink somewhere.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM Post #262 of 945
Really liking the pairing of Campfire Comet with the Opus #1s. Granted I have an aftermarket silver cable on them which likely helps, but the synergy of the two makes for a rich, full sound.

Apr 12, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #264 of 945
Will do, only been back to that tournament once since moving to Little Rock as my wife told me it was the most long and torturous drive she has ever been on! Pretty sure if I make it again it will just be me. Appreciate the invite Sir and would love it.

Still no 1s but I can't miss what I don't have, IMO this one here is a dream machine with just about everything I've hooked up to it:beerchug:

Rosie Opy 7   1.JPG

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #265 of 945
Don't take it personally Podster, but you just instantly decreased the thread quality 10-fold by showing Rose IEMs... :wink:
But I'm sure they will self-destruct early enough that we don't have to see any of them anymore on these forums. These amateurs don't deserve some free advertisement here.

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #266 of 945
Don't take it personally Podster, but you just instantly decreased the thread quality 10-fold by showing Rose IEMs... :wink:
But I'm sure they will self-destruct early enough that we don't have to see any of them anymore on these forums. These amateurs don't deserve some free advertisement here.

Oh I won't, I also understand everyone's frustration with the Rose, got mine a couple years ago from an AliEx store and mine have worked just fine so much so I considered the micro driver Mini here recently but I've read enough to know I'm one and done with the No. 7 here:beerchug:

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #267 of 945
Looking at this image from their website:
thebit_06.jpg

I see that using the unbalanced channel utilizes the 2 DACs.
However, (correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like you must use MQS or DSD as a source. What if I have mp3s?

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #268 of 945
Looking at this image from their website:
thebit_06.jpg

I see that using the unbalanced channel utilizes the 2 DACs.
However, (correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like you must use MQS or DSD as a source. What if I have mp3s?
Yes, it uses 2 dacs for signal conversion. One for left and one for right signals.

No, it doesnt need to be MQS or DSD. It doesn't make sense to do so. It plays almost all popular formats so you'll have no issue there.

Apr 17, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #270 of 945
Very impressed with Jaben Singapore, thank you for the recommendation! The device is great, the total lack of bull features is just what I needed.

One thing, I noticed the touch screen was a bit iffy then saw that there's a firmware update to fix it. I've been trying to download it all morning but it's painfully slow - anyone else having the same issue?

I've been using this link:

http://www.audio-opus.com/?page_id=15757&uid=526&mod=document

Users who are viewing this thread

Back