thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Feb 23, 2017 at 10:37 PM Post #1,846 of 4,190

yes you can use the volume keys (while LCD is off) - instead of pressing and holding, you need to keep pressing, this increases the volume 1 notch per press. 

And you can also play/pause and forward/backward songs as well when the screen is off.

One question - there is no option to 'hold' the player?

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #1,848 of 4,190
Joining the club, amazing DAP very detailed and neutral, fast OS too :)

Things paired/tried with opus:

IEMS:
Pinnacle P1
Fidue A91

Earbuds:
Shozy Stardust
Rose Masya
VE Monk
VE Zen

Headphones:
HD600 (Can power it)
Audioquest nighthawk
Grado SR325e

Feb 25, 2017 at 9:17 PM Post #1,849 of 4,190
  So I decided to test out the USB DAC function on the OPUS#1, and it didn't seem to work so well. It work for a little bit, although there was some popping/clipping involved. After about 2 minutes, the OPUS crashed (also almost giving me a heart attack because of the digital noise that occurred when it shut off haha). Anyone have any luck with this function on the first gen of the OPUS#1?

Did you try it with a different USB cable? If it's the same with different cables and a consistent crash behavior then something is wrong with your #1. Otherwise could be an issue with you cable and connector where something is shorting out.

I tried the USB dac of opus#1  on my pc, I can also hear some clipping/popping, tried this with different cable, but no crashes for me. I occasionally hear those noise after some time. Maybe they haven't yet optimize USB dac function??

Also, if you change volume while you are in usb dac and then lock the phone it will have some bug and won't be able to hear any sound so you have to restart it. Change volume only when you are in lock mode.

Feb 25, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #1,850 of 4,190
Joining the club, amazing DAP very detailed and neutral, fast OS too :)
\
Things paired/tried with opus:

IEMS:
Pinnacle P1
Fidue A91

Earbuds:
Shozy Stardust
Rose Masya
VE Monk
VE Zen

Headphones:
HD600 (Can power it)
Audioquest nighthawk
Grado SR325e

Welcome! Stardust + Opus is a pretty sweet combo, I listen myself to sleep with it often :D Actually did not like the Stardust much till I tried this pairing w/ full foams.

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #1,852 of 4,190

I tried the USB dac of opus#1  on my pc, I can also hear some clipping/popping, tried this with different cable, but no crashes for me. I occasionally hear those noise after some time. Maybe they haven't yet optimize USB dac function??

Also, if you change volume while you are in usb dac and then lock the phone it will have some bug and won't be able to hear any sound so you have to restart it. Change volume only when you are in lock mode.

Yea, I tried different cables and different sources (two different computers, and tried USB 3.0 and 2.0) with the same results. I honestly just decided to return mine for the time being. While I did enjoy it, I think I'll wait it out a bit longer. I'll probably just go for the FiiO X5III, considering how many features it has packed in it.

Feb 26, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #1,853 of 4,190
Welcome! Stardust + Opus is a pretty sweet combo, I listen myself to sleep with it often
biggrin.gif
Actually did not like the Stardust much till I tried this pairing w/ full foams.

Oh my a fellow stardust user :) It did really really well at first I was the same as you, but then after a while the detail and clarity of it was amazing, sadly I had to let go of my stardust. Did you use the stardust with the balanced terminal?

Quote:

How did it work out with the Nghthawks?

Very Very dark and veiled, really didn't like. Obviously, you need an external amp for it and It seems that it wasn't able to power it properly with the opus or just the sound sig wasn't my preference.
However, the HD600 was liquid clear, opus can power it up have to crank the volume though as always external amp is better pairing with power hungry headphones

Feb 26, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #1,854 of 4,190
Oh my a fellow stardust user :) It did really really well at first I was the same as you, but then after a while the detail and clarity of it was amazing, sadly I had to let go of my stardust. Did you use the stardust with the balanced terminal?

No just the single end edition. I have a spare balanced plug, but I'm pretty happy with the Opus single end's sound.... also I'm not sure my soldering is good enough- 3 wires ok, 4 wires... eh... 8 tiny wires I would probably start pulling my hair out :rolleyes:

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,855 of 4,190
Hi all!  What tagging structure does the Opus 1 support and what can somebody post an image of their tags in mp3tag so I can see how to properly clean up my tags to work with the Opus 1 when I do eventually order it?  How warm sounding is the Opus 1 compared to my 1st gen Fiio X5?  I find my laptop too warm and my desktop computer very pleasant.  It is smooth , yet punchy and detailed with no background noise.  Laptop hisses really bad with all iems and headphones.  I find my X5 pretty quiet with little to no hiss most of the time.  Would the Opus 1 be better for me than the X5 3?  I do not really need the internet related apps and such.  I only need music and 10 hours of battery minimum and some kind of playlist support that is easy to set up and a pretty black background soundwise.  I also don't use EQ if that helps. Thank you

Riley

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #1,857 of 4,190
Yes.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #1,859 of 4,190
Thanks m8o. I thought something wrong with one of my sd card or partition.

With Opus#1 and #2, I just leave the DAP on. It's sleep mode is so efficient, it barely touches the battery. No rescanning when coming out of sleep mode.

Feb 28, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #1,860 of 4,190
With Opus#1 and #2, I just leave the DAP on. It's sleep mode is so efficient, it barely touches the battery. No rescanning when coming out of sleep mode.

Not mine, I get battery drain when left on but vs having to wait for it to but I don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back