thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Feb 19, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #1,816 of 4,190
Oh yes that's loud! I'm on high gain now, about 95 on my A4 with red back Grey front.

I'm on same setup, Medium Gain at 130. High gain I had around 110. I already know I have to listen louder than most people. Bad hearing lol

Feb 19, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #1,818 of 4,190
That cable came with the xDuoo X10. Then I got myself a toslink to mini toslink adapter.

Does that pass a 24-bit / 192KHz stream? I'm finding only cable with hardwired mini toslink will pass that. Any good short cable I use, adding the clipon mini adapter degrades the signal too much so that the dac doesn't sync; including to the MoJo that normally syncs very well.

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #1,819 of 4,190
Does that pass a 24-bit / 192KHz stream? I'm finding only cable with hardwired mini toslink will pass that. Any good short cable I use, adding the clipon mini adapter degrades the signal too much so that the dac doesn't sync; including to the MoJo that normally syncs very well.

Only 24/192, yes.  Even if hardwired, I think its max for optical is only up to that.

Feb 20, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #1,820 of 4,190

OPUS #1 CASE UPDATE:

For anybody still looking for a case for the Opus #1, I have been in contact with Advanced MP3 Players and they now have these in stock. They are good value as only £14.99:

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Accessories.7/Opus.667/OPUS1CASE/Luxury_Leather_Case_for_the_Opus__1.15055.html

beerchug.gif

Feb 20, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #1,821 of 4,190
Feb 20, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #1,822 of 4,190
LoneRanger: Thank you. Just ordered one.

Re the £21.28 postage cost. 21.28 + 14.99 = 36.27 which is still cheaper that the original advertised price of £49.99.
TheBit said they would ship me one from korea but the combined cost worked out at about £65.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #1,823 of 4,190
  LoneRanger: Thank you. Just ordered one.

Re the £21.28 postage cost. 21.28 + 14.99 = 36.27 which is still cheaper that the original advertised price of £49.99.
TheBit said they would ship me one from korea but the combined cost worked out at about £65.

No problem - I got one and they are really nice cases.

Thanks for the information.

Unfortunately, the shipping costs outside the UK are really high, £21.28.

It still might be worth getting one, as I don't think you will find another good offer like this on the cases!!  As @jpgr mentions, the original cost of these cases was £49.99 and if you get one shipped directly from theBit/Korea then the cost becomes ridiculous.....anyway something for you to consider.

Cheers.

Feb 20, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #1,824 of 4,190
So I decided to test out the USB DAC function on the OPUS#1, and it didn't seem to work so well. It work for a little bit, although there was some popping/clipping involved. After about 2 minutes, the OPUS crashed (also almost giving me a heart attack because of the digital noise that occurred when it shut off haha). Anyone have any luck with this function on the first gen of the OPUS#1?

Feb 20, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #1,825 of 4,190
So I decided to test out the USB DAC function on the OPUS#1, and it didn't seem to work so well. It work for a little bit, although there was some popping/clipping involved. After about 2 minutes, the OPUS crashed (also almost giving me a heart attack because of the digital noise that occurred when it shut off haha). Anyone have any luck with this function on the first gen of the OPUS#1?

Did you try it with a different USB cable? If it's the same with different cables and a consistent crash behavior then something is wrong with your #1. Otherwise could be an issue with you cable and connector where something is shorting out.

Feb 20, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #1,826 of 4,190
Hi all, recently I realised that I experienced some crashes of the player when I am selecting songs from random folders. Anyone experienced the same issues? Also I do hear some very minor crackling sound in the right side very occasionally. I'm sure it's not coming from the songs or the iem I have as it occurred in various earphones I have. It was very random too.

Anyone experienced the same issue too?

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:35 PM Post #1,827 of 4,190
Hi all, recently I realised that I experienced some crashes of the player when I am selecting songs from random folders. Anyone experienced the same issues? Also I do hear some very minor crackling sound in the right side very occasionally. I'm sure it's not coming from the songs or the iem I have as it occurred in various earphones I have. It was very random too.

What type of crashes?

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:43 PM Post #1,828 of 4,190
I only noticed some issue with dac option. Like today on my linux machine it was working fine for 15 min than suddenly stopped playing. I tried it on my MacBook but it didn't work at all. After I hard rebooted player, it start working on mac but once I unplug it and plug it back in it didn't work again. 

As twister6 mentioned, will try to use oem cable but have two different cables that never gave me problems before.

Feb 20, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #1,829 of 4,190

I too was experiencing random crashes on my Opus#1 Metal. As part of reorganizing my music library I found that I had quite a few songs that had incomplete tags. After cleaning them up, reformatting the TF cards and copying the songs back I've not had any more crashes. 

Someone else had posted that the Opus players are picky with the ID3 tags.

Feb 20, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,830 of 4,190

I too was experiencing random crashes on my Opus#1 Metal. As part of reorganizing my music library I found that I had quite a few songs that had incomplete tags. After cleaning them up, reformatting the TF cards and copying the songs back I've not had any more crashes. 

Someone else had posted that the Opus players are picky with the ID3 tags.

No issues with my #1 Metal. I only use as a straight DAP though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back